Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 5:02:21 PM EDT
I was about to order some from Cabela's just now when I saw this:

ATTENTION: Residents of DE, DC, IL, MA, NY and OH please check your local laws for restrictions before ordering any ammunition products.

Anybody know what the story is with this?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
from what i have heard that is only for items going to Columbus Ohio.    It's just like that in IL,  certain counties have made thier own law aside from the state law.  I have never had the least bit of trouble getting mail order ammo
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
from what i have heard that is only for items going to Columbus Ohio.    It's just like that in IL,  certain counties have made thier own law aside from the state law.  I have never had the least bit of trouble getting mail order ammo

OK, thanks.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
from what i have heard that is only for items going to Columbus Ohio.

I was at the Lewis Center (southern Delaware County) post office earlier in the week and overheard one postal worker tell the other that ammo can't be shipped.  I didn't question her on it because the line was out the door.  Next time I'm in there, which should be Tuesday, I'll ask.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate to say anything without knowing for sure, but I don't believe you are allowed to ship
ammo or anything explosive through the US Postal Service. Ammo and such has to go
through a different shipper like UPS or FedEx. I think that there is a sign at our post office
that says it a felony.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Columbus and I've received bulk ammo from Natchez and Ammoman with no problems.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I was talking to a guy at work last week on the difficulty of finding XM193, and shipping ammo came up.
The guy seems like he knows what he's talking about on some things, but a goober on some others....

Anyway, he told me that you couldn't have more than 500 rounds shipped, in fact, he said you legaly couldn't purchase more than 500 rds per State law... though no one follows the law...

I looked through Chapter 29 of the ORC, and didn't see anything on it.

Is chapter 29 where we'll find all the gun related laws, or are there some spread out elsewhere?

onlinedocs.andersonpublishing.com/
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:46:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Couldn't legally purchase more than 500 rounds?

Somebody better tell everyone that goes to the AIM Surplus warehouse in Middletown for crates of 7.62.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I just found this place:  www.ammunitionstore.com

I'll probably drive up there from Columbus on Friday.  That is, unless somebody can tell me of a similar store closer to home.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Aim Surplus is closer to Columbus than the Ammunition Store by about an hour.

www.aimsurplus.com
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Aim Surplus is closer to Columbus than the Ammunition Store by about an hour.

www.aimsurplus.com

True, but according to their website, their selection of ammo is pretty paltry.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top