Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2004 9:44:34 PM EDT

Today I went across the sound for the day. Rarely go over there. Sunday night retun ferry was packed and miles long, ok no problem plan B, Tacoma roundabout.

Glad I left exactly when I did, as I came around this curve, one, two, "OH SHIT", a flat top!!!

I knew we had a Navy base over there somewhere, I just wasnt expecting to stumble across it BLAM.

Question; Where would you tell a non-native Washingtonian the one (or more) key places they should make sure they see out of anywhere in Wa. state?

Link Posted: 8/15/2004 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
SuperChickens mom naked as she stands infront of the window brushing her hair just before she gets into bed You should see that area I was telling you about where you can get your long shots off.....

I will hook you up with the MapQuest directions in the morning, they are in my truck still.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:31:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Deception Pass
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:45:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Underground Seattle Tour, just for fun.
The Locks, on the weekend, when the babes are laid back on the decks in their bikinis.
Bremerton
Navel Station Everett (CV-72 USS Lincoln)
Boeing Plant, Everett, it's just so damn big.
Air and Space Museum
Newcastle Golf Club Cigar Lounge, for the view from Tacoma to Everett.

What Phil said.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#4]
For shorter trips, from Puget Sound area

1) Mt Rainier Park
2) Space Needle

After these two places, the following.
Long Beach (SW WA)
Olympic Rain Forrest
Lake Chelan
Columbia Gorge
Grand Coulee dam
Drive the North Cascades Highway
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Deception Pass is rt 2 across the mountains?  If so, its on my short list.

Long Beach (SW WA)
Olympic Rain Forrest
Grand Coulee dam

All short list.....

Drive the North Cascades Highway  Again Hwy 2?

I guess I have a good short list, I just need to get out there and see it!

Man that Bremerton was oemthing, especially SURPRISE!. I was not expecting it at all.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#6]
You really need to check out the 2whiskeyP golf and country club up in northern okanogan county!
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Deception Pass is rt 2 across the mountains?  If so, its on my short list.

Nope.....

Lets pretend that you wanted to get some Ammo from KA3B...you would be able to access him by going over Deception pass....

It is on Whidbey Island
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I did I-5 to whatever west to Anacortes/ W.I.NAS....

Did I already see it and wasnt impressed?
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#9]
One of the trips I like since moving here in Sept.03 is to take the Chukanut from Bellingham to Burlington and then out to Oak Harbor. This will take you over Deception Pass. In Oak Harbor is a deli that makes HUGE sandwiches, I don't remember the name, but they were on Food Network.

If you don't mind crowds, you can kill a day at Pikes Place and the Space Needle.

Haven't made it to the Boeing Musuem yet.

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Chuckanut Dr is a fun one, just like a video game.  It’s really fun at night when no one is on it to just drive as fast as you can (be careful some nasty curves with equally nasty drops).

North Cascades is nice, just please pullover if you’re driving below the speed limit.

The drive up to Mt. Baker is beautiful, especially during the fall.

Try any of the above if your looking for “nature.”
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#11]
For those of you going to Deception Pass, please don't drive like a tourist on the way there. The speed limit is 55 most of the way there. The 2 places with pretty good curves are safe to take at 55. Ignore the "40 MPH" warning signs.

And while on or around the bridge, please resist the urge to slow down to 20 while craning your neck to see over the edge. Find a place to park (quickly), and go gawk on foot. Some of us have driven through there many times, and are just trying to get home in a reasonable amount of time.

Not that I've been held up trying to drive home on 20, or anything.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by all the people living and working in the oak Harbor area.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Deception Pass??? I saw it...and I think it is rather deceiving!

If you want a great view of Deception Pass take a sailboat through it.

MT

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Teanaway and Liberty.
Snoqualmie Falls is pretty cool too.

I did the falls, they were cool. Long way up too! Now this Liberty you speak of....

For man made wonders, the Centralia Steam Plant and coal mining are something else.  Maybe someone could set up some tours during the next LCR shoot.  hint, hint, hint.

LCR slackers plan something? hahaha

While not awe inspiring, during the summer, if you get the chance to stand in the middle of a corn field in Ellensburg or an onion field in Walla Walla, it's pretty cool.

I loved the cornfields back in Ohio. You guys have corn out here?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Bumbershoot
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You really need to check out the 2whiskeyP golf and country club up in northern okanogan county!

A friend of mine has land up there. I have some wild stories of going through the pass to get there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:45:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have some wild stories of going through the pass to get there.

Lemme guess, tickets etc?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Teanaway and Liberty.
Snoqualmie Falls is pretty cool too.

I did the falls, they were cool. Long way up too! Now this Liberty you speak of....

Liberty is a popular offroading/camping/hunting area. It's just off HWY 97, south of Blewett Pass, between Cle Elum and Cashmere.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

North Cascades Highway is HWY 20. East out of Burlington, through Sedro Wooley, Rockport, Winthrop, Okanogan, Republic, etc.

HWY 2 goes over Stevens Pass. East out of Everett, through Snohomish, Monroe, Sultan, Leavenworth, Wenatchee, etc.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Chuckanut Dr is a fun one, just like a video game.  It’s really fun at night when no one is on it to just drive as fast as you can (be careful some nasty curves with equally nasty drops).

Trust me, the hands down best way to see the Chuckanut is from the cab of a locomotive. Unfortunately, that isn't an option available to the general public.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but I did travel up a good stretch of Bluet (sp?) pass sideways. On the way back last time I was well past a speeding ticket and into handcuff territory if we had been caught.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#24]
The San Juan Islands!!

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but I did travel up a good stretch of Bluet (sp?) pass sideways. On the way back last time I was well past a speeding ticket and into handcuff territory if we had been caught.

Tell us again how the State Patrol is too hard on you?

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#26]
State Patrol never saw me go more than 10 over in my life, and that was on the interstate.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:53:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Do the entire Cascade Loop, not just the North Cascade highway.
www.cascadeloop.com/

Come on over to Whidbey Island, I'll give you a tour of the base.

You do know that over by our favorite shooting area in GF is a pretty cool waterfall, right?

Top of Rainer, Mt. St. Helens, Hurricane Ridge, Mt. Baker, all very cool.

Quoted:

Quoted:

North Cascades Highway is HWY 20. East out of Burlington, through Sedro Wooley, Rockport, Winthrop, Okanogan, Republic, etc.

HWY 2 goes over Stevens Pass. East out of Everett, through Snohomish, Monroe, Sultan, Leavenworth, Wenatchee, etc.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
You do know that over by our favorite shooting area in GF is a pretty cool waterfall, right?

And another 15 miles or so past the shooting area brings you to Big Four and an easy hike up to the ice caves, also way cool (hey, is that a pun? ).
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I loved the cornfields back in Ohio. You guys have corn out here?

I've got 5 rows of 20 in my backyard.  I'll give you a free tour the next time you're driving a nutjob from Edmonds to harborview.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top