Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:48:47 AM EDT
Just walked in the door from the Camden Machine Gun Shoot.  What a great time as always.

The range staff did some much needed improvements at the range, and there were NO FIRES
this year. We got to shoot all day and had an awesome night shoot. Lot's of Tannerite went BOOM,
and a few more cars got completely shredded. The range staff at TFTC did an excellent job as always, and everything ran smoothly at the shoot. There were several vendors there, and great food at very reasonable prices at the concession stand. Thanks again TFTC.

We also got to check out Tactical Response's new store in Camden. They are great folks to deal
with, and had some great prices on gear and ammo. Thanks alot for the hospitality and bargains Tactical Response.

I got to see alot of the great folks from ARFCOM at the shoot. Myself, Pappy1, HK_Overkill,
Inzane123, ARH, and Bookhound all had a blast at the shoot and during dumpstervision.
Thanks Bookhound for hauling all the electronic crap for dumpstervision up there for us. It was great.

We watched Red Dawn friday night, and during one of the firefight scenes in the movie, some
smartass snuck out onto the balcony of the motel and lauched a red parachute flare.
The sudden whoosh and pop of the flare being lauched scared the hell out of everyone sitting there,
but then the whole crowd started laughing hysterically. It was definately one of those "you had to have been there" moments.

In summary, the shoot was great, but hanging out with some of the best people you could ever want to meet was even better. Thanks again guys for making it a great weekend, and sharing your toys with us.  We'll do it again in March.

The rest of the guys should be posting here tonight and tomorrow with pics and maybe even a few
short video clips.

Stay tuned..............

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
To John and Dan and everybody else who let my son shoot your guns, Ben says "THANK YOU"!
And he hopes to see you again in March!

Great shoot.  Had some problems, but now have stuff to work on over the winter.  
I got some video of day and night shooting.  

Now, on to preparing for the next shoot...

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yessir a great time had by all...

We got up there around 9:30 am and went right out to the range to set up some stuff...right off the bat ...WOW  fire ants.....nasty little buggers and of course they were on our lane....but TFTC jumped on them with some Co-Op goodies and all was well on Sat. It seemed that everyone had a great time and the weather was great for the shoot.....Thanks again ARH and BookHound for letting us shoot your new toys....and as always thanks HK_Overkill for the same....It really means alot to us for you guys giving so freely of your time and Ammo to shoot  your toys.....THANKS

Inzane123 has a great new toy.....now he just needs to find a scope that will stay together on it...

I am looking foward to March so we can do it all over again....!!! who know maybe by then we will have some new goodies to shoot......
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Will do and thanks for the update......glad you made it home safe
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Now that was good clean fun. I had much fun and it was great to see y'all again.
Pappy, next time you are first on the 1886. Hopefully we can work out a hotel and still have dumpstervision.
See y'all in march.

ARH

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is a short video of the smoke being thrown out.

Ill have some pictures up in a bit.  Should of had someone run around with my camera though because I was having too much fun to run around taking pictures.

Smoke
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:14:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Here are some pics in no particular order.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:29:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Great Video and Pics Zane......thanks

And yes Ross I will shoot the 1886 in march for sure.........
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome pics and video Zane. Thank you for posting those.

Glad everyone made it home safe.

What a great time we had. Can't wait to do it again in March.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:06:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn, I'm tired, and sunburned, but it's all good.

Good pics and video. Thanks Zane.
Now you need to post the night fire video...

Another good shoot, with fun had by all.

Thanks guys.

HK
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Boy am I glad that I was not sitting in this car
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#12]
And here is a little something for comedic relief.  Inzane not leaning enough into the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#13]
BOOM.....!!! yea not much left of that one....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Did the mini-gun make a reappearance this time????? He ALWAYS drew a crowd when he fired it up last year!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Did the mini-gun make a reappearance this time????? He ALWAYS drew a crowd when he fired it up last year!

No mini-gun this time, but still plenty of full-auto goodness there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
And here is a little something for comedic relief.  Inzane not leaning enough into the rifle.

I told ya, ya gotta lean into it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Just for kicks and giggles here is a picture of my poor scope.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Try it now.  I converted it to a wmv file.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Did anybody check out the stuff the guys next to us from Reelfoot Ordinance had?

Dshk, SG43, MG42, Scorpion, Ppsh41 and some other stuff I couldn't identify.  My dad claimed it blew his cap off every time they fired the Dshk!

That guy would just empty the belt, drum or mag, every time.  We would just stop and stare.

What a day!

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Poor scope........................
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey guys. We had a blast, all pun intended! The family had a great time. Thanks to all who let  us shoot.
My son got to shoot more than ever before. Krink, AMD, Serbu, Barret, HK 33, HK 91 (with a 30 rd mag dump no less. I wonder who had those two???) 16s, two different 1919s. He also got some of the Tanners. That made him smile. He told me that the folks he met were great, and thanks you all. I've been trying to get him up for a while, but he was usually  working or such. He told me had alot of fun, and smiled most of the way home.
My wife had fun, shot a little, and got out. That was major stress relief for her, getting away for a couple days.
I hope to get up there some time early enough to visit more. You folks are the reason we love it so, and we charish the time spent with all of you.
It was great to see all of you. Thanks for all the support. Hope to see you all soon.
Take care, BW
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#23]
It was really good to see ya'll.

You gonna be able to make The Creek, or do you want me to be on the lookout for something?

Take care, and stay in touch.

J

(Remember, I get first refusal on the FNC.   )
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:30:04 AM EDT
[#24]
It was great to see you at the shoot BW. I am glad you and the family made it there.
Thanks for the trigger time also...much fun!
See y'all in March.

ARH

Quoted:
Hey guys. We had a blast, all pun intended! The family had a great time. Thanks to all who let  us shoot.
My son got to shoot more than ever before. Krink, AMD, Serbu, Barret, HK 33, HK 91 (with a 30 rd mag dump no less. I wonder who had those two???) 16s, two different 1919s. He also got some of the Tanners. That made him smile. He told me that the folks he met were great, and thanks you all. I've been trying to get him up for a while, but he was usually  working or such. He told me had alot of fun, and smiled most of the way home.
My wife had fun, shot a little, and got out. That was major stress relief for her, getting away for a couple days.
I hope to get up there some time early enough to visit more. You folks are the reason we love it so, and we charish the time spent with all of you.
It was great to see all of you. Thanks for all the support. Hope to see you all soon.
Take care, BW

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anybody know the 2006 schedule?

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Next one in March 18th & 19th
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You gonna be able to make The Creek, or do you want me to be on the lookout for something?

Not sure. The job is so up and down right now, I just don't know. Hopefully.
J

(Remember, I get first refusal on the FNC.   )

Sure do. The FAL is still there, I just want to get settled job wise (spelled $$$$$) before making the comittment.

I did get a call from a friend that the x-fer came through on the Uzi. Hope to get it this weekend.
Take care, BW
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Cool Beans.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top