Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/13/2005 12:07:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2005 6:32:53 PM EDT by ilike9s]
Well we have been pretty bad at getting together this summer, so maybe we can all blast into Fall. You all know the place (Browns Camp), date Sunday October 23rd, time when ever you get there. Remember the earlier you show up the better shooting spot you get.

Some of us may have some cans to show off. But we'll have to ask Pat to bring some toys.

Dean if you see this please try and make as we all would like to play with your toys again.

Beside we all need a little pratice with our Looter Shooters.

Oh and don't forget your cameras because you just never know what you will catch on them.

ETA:
The who's who list of who's going to be there. IM to be added to the list.

ilike9s
WS4LIF
elcid11
Noxsp­ector
Commando_Guy if he can save up for some scratch...ya know AMMO.
The Can man aka Mr45auto.
Ultvikefan
bangarms-Tentatively but hopefully with toys.
GS10
socandyman
Cape_hunter said he's comin' how about Unka-Boob?
-RotorDemon-
Tracker
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:28:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 2:30:43 PM EDT by Noxspector]
I'm in. If WS4LIF brings the grill, I'll help out on the cooking again. Might I also suggest that we set aside like 30-45 minutes for lunch and strickly can time, so we can BS without having to yell. Last time was GREAT!! but I'd kinda like to make a few more connections between faces and names.

Nox
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:02:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:06:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 1:08:08 PM EDT by ilike9s]

Originally Posted By -RotorDemon-:

Is that a yes, no or do we need to twist your arm?

And Noxspector, that sounds like a great idea, but I don't know if everyone we'll be from the site.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:11:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ilike9s:

Is that a yes, no or do we need to twist your arm?

*sigh* If I have to come.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:53:51 PM EDT
Currently on Vacation. When I get back to work I'll see in I have to work that weekend.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:58:43 PM EDT
Sounds good to me. I'll have the Saiga perfected by then (hopefully with a Kobra on it). I'll also try to get the Yugo out for some .308 action. I need to clean out the 2 pounds of Cosmoline first though.

So for this one, we need a plan.

I think it would be prudent if everyone brought:

- Overhead canopy/tent (you know what I mean)
- folding table
- folding chair
- their own drinks/food they want cooked.
- some crap to shoot

I think this time, instead of the pot luck style lunch, everyone just bring their own crap they want to eat. Last time we had a bunch of leftovers. I did eventually drink the last 100 cans of soda, but it took a while!

Just in case we're in fire season someone needs to bring one mid-sized fire extinguisher and a shovel. Rotor and the propane tank last week got me worried.

Tannerite?

I agree with Nox. we should have a dedicated area and time for lunch. No shooting during that time (except for .22LR and suppressed).

I don't think the can paperwork will be done by then, but Pat may have them. If he's willing, he might be able to let us shoot our own under his suprevision. His call.

Any oher suggestions that I'm missing?

BTW, the Crimson Trace guy expressed an interest in going. I'll make sure he's invited.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:00:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 3:03:15 PM EDT by -RotorDemon-]

Originally Posted By NoAim:
Just in case we're in fire season someone needs to bring one mid-sized fire extinguisher and a shovel. Rotor and the propane tank last week got me worried.

Don't worry. I'll bring Mr. Coleman.

The gravel pit at Browns Camp is plenty big and safe for it.

Edit: wait!, Fire+Coleman= Fire.. shoot the fire extinguisher to put it out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:45:27 PM EDT
I don't have a cover but I'll bring an empty propane tank... I think. An old pan you know junk to shoot at.

Also I think we should again try to all take home one bag of garbage. This will help to keep the open.

This might also be a good time to bring any odds and ends that you may want to sell or trade as well. I know I have a couple of A2 grips and an A1, some bushmaster handgaurds, a left handed 6004 drop leg holster for Sig P226 with surefire P113, P113C, P113D, P114, P114C & P114D light set up.

Any hope to see alot of you there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:50:36 PM EDT
This time somebody else needs to speak with the Sheriff. I did it last time, right as the tannerite was blowing off the roof of the dog house..... thanks guys!

Nox
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:53:31 PM EDT
I know a lot of people don't have those covers. I figure if half of us bring them, the whole firing line will be under cover.

I try to follow the rule of "pack out what you pack in" for garbage.

Oh and Nox....you're still the Sheriff's BitchBoy. =)
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:42:46 PM EDT
Gentlemen, I will be there.

I plan on bringing my .50 BMG and maybe some other toys.

Let me know what else I should bring, I can bring a pack of hotdogs or whatever with buns and just ketchup.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:21:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By elcid11:

Let me know what else I should bring, I can bring a pack of hotdogs or whatever with buns and just ketchup.

Lookin' foward to meeting you and your BMG.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:42:33 PM EDT
I want to be able to come, hopefully my barrett will be shootable by me, if not then i am sure others will have the fun.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:45:19 PM EDT
As they say (type), tagged for interest
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:54:25 PM EDT
Tag. Need to take time off work so waiting to see how firm the date is. I'm getting real tired of missing these things.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:07:51 PM EDT
Sounds like a good plan to me. I prefer Saturdays, but the Sunday the 23rd will work.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:15:53 PM EDT

Cool. However, Brown's camp only has about 150-200 yards to work with, FYI.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:11:27 AM EDT
Oh I know, I go there often, I will sight her in to about 100 and blow the crap out of.....Uhhhhhh, whatever I guess.

It should be fun, I will talk to Pat at Oregon Research Labs to see if he will show up with a bunch of his full auto toys.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:37:32 AM EDT
i think i can make this 1 WOOT
ill bring my krinks so we can break them in proper
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:36:32 AM EDT
Taggage...

Gonna have to work this one out.
Remember PR guys, we have two matches that month.
THe regular match on the second sat and the special rimfire match on the last Sat of the month.

That said, I will still try to attend this one.

Ilike9s, dont forget to email our buddy as well so he can try to have that day free.
CH
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:04:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cape_hunter:
Taggage...

Gonna have to work this one out.
Remember PR guys, we have two matches that month.
THe regular match on the second sat and the special rimfire match on the last Sat of the month.

That said, I will still try to attend this one.

Ilike9s, dont forget to email our buddy as well so he can try to have that day free.
CH

Already done, I have not received a reply yet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:54:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 12:54:38 PM EDT by WS4LIF]
I think this date should work..........

I'll have a SAM-R and 45 CAL AR to play with then too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:12:35 PM EDT
I'll work on convincing my kids that we should be there!
My can certainly will not be here by then, but I'll be more than happy to trade 32 rounds of 9mm in the "buzz gun" for a chance to shoot a 50!

Canopies are a great idea....um...not that it ever rains in Oregon in October....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:01:50 PM EDT
How much is a .50 BMG round? I wanna give that a shot as well.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:03:19 PM EDT

How much is a .50 BMG round? I wanna give that a shot as well.

~$2 for milsup and upto $8 for match grade.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:11:28 PM EDT
Hey guys, that is cool that you all want to shoot my Fifty, I will work stuff out with ya, I just bought 100 rounds for 270 bucks. They are match grade ball ammo, but all of you are my friends and I will gladly let you shoot some 50 fun.

Trades for some buzz mags would be acceptible for me, but we are all there to have some fun, so lets have fun. I won't be a stickeler or anything, if you want to shoot it, you can. But I am gonna want to shoot some of your toys as well.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:21:48 PM EDT

Hey guys, that is cool that you all want to shoot my Fifty, I will work stuff out with ya, I just bought 100 rounds for 270 bucks. They are match grade ball ammo, but all of you are my friends and I will gladly let you shoot some 50 fun.

Trades for some buzz mags would be acceptible for me, but we are all there to have some fun, so lets have fun. I won't be a stickeler or anything, if you want to shoot it, you can. But I am gonna want to shoot some of your toys as well.

What? You mean if I bring an 8 back of hotdogs (for about a buck) you won't let me hog up about 50 rounds of .50bmg?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:33:43 PM EDT

Sounds like a deal that we all can live with. I find that Big Boys with cool toys are always very generous when it come to letting others pay with thier toys. Another fine example of this would be DeanH.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:52:04 PM EDT

Sounds like a deal that we all can live with. I find that Big Boys with cool toys are always very generous when it come to letting others pay with thier toys. Another fine example of this would be DeanH.

Last time I was out with Unka-Boo and his "kid" brother, his brother wanted to compare between Nox's P99 and my USP (both in .40).

He started liking the USP: "Can I shoot another mag? Where's the ammo?"

Then he REALLY started liking it: "Are you sure? Really? Sweet."

I think he shot 4 mags out of it. I see a USP in "kid" Boo's future.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:57:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 9:58:21 PM EDT by Cape_hunter]

Originally Posted By NoAim:

Last time I was out with Unka-Boo and his "kid" brother, his brother wanted to compare between Nox's P99 and my USP (both in .40).

He started liking the USP: "Can I shoot another mag? Where's the ammo?"

Then he REALLY started liking it: "Are you sure? Really? Sweet."

I think he shot 4 mags out of it. I see a USP in "kid" Boo's future.

Until he shoots a reall gun. Like a 1911. Then he will trade the usp in and never look back!!!

Of course, without the lasersight
God only knows where thats been!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:36:26 PM EDT
I’d like to come, have to see how things work out as the time gets closer though.

I do know that kythri has that day off, maybe he’ll come too.

Originally Posted By Noxspector:
...I'd kinda like to make a few more connections between faces and names.

Nametags?

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:17:17 AM EDT
I should be able to make it. I should at least have my 22 can by then, hopefully the M16. I doubt I'll have the 458 upper yet, but maybe.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:35:05 AM EDT
Hell maybe I'll have my 5.56 can by then, after all it'll be about 150 days pending
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:42:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mr45auto:
Hell maybe I'll have my 5.56 can by then, after all it'll be about 150 days pending

You got that from Erik, right? I talked to him yesterday, he said his new examiner is trying to clear out all his pending transfers so there is hope. That's why I think there is a chance I'll have ny M16 by then. That's about how long my 22 can took, the XM177 moderator was 120 days exactly.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:07:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 3:10:06 AM EDT by Mr45auto]
Yup, it's through Erik. It's at about 110 or so days pending right now, went pending may 26th IIRC. Every time I look at a calendar I get pissed off so I'm not sure exactly how many days

I think the check was cashed about Apr 28th ish.

120 days from submitting paper is fine, it shouldnt take that long since pending

Now see, I'm ranting again.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:16:23 PM EDT
Damn...the talk about the long waits for ATF are discouraging...I'm only 3 weeks out on my TEC-67!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:24:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OregonForester:
Damn...the talk about the long waits for ATF are discouraging...I'm only 3 weeks out on my TEC-67!

3 weeks
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:41:28 PM EDT
Hey all ColonelRivers here
We will most likely be at the shoot and have a Thunder Sabre full auto and one of the new Thunder Boss 12.7 shorties
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:13:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 6:15:14 PM EDT by Cape_hunter]

Originally Posted By SnowyRivers1:
We will most likely be at the shoot and have a Thunder Sabre full auto and one of the new Thunder Boss 12.7 shorties

Cool!
After listening to your video for 3 days straight during the show, I am beyond ready to shoot it.

from Jerrys table.
CH

ETA: Bring lots of ammo. I know that I would be glad to pay for what ever I shoot as will others. I think a full mag thru the 16 is in order.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:49:12 PM EDT

Thunder Boss? You guys have a new toy?

Nick
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:25:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OregonForester:

Dude, your nor even pending yet.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:28:18 PM EDT
Hey Guys!

Sounds like a good time but I have a deer or 2 to kill in October, so unless I fill
the tags before that, I gonna have to miss this shoot.

Once huntin' season is over, I'm ready to resume blasting.

Spambo
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:39:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By spambo:
Hey Guys!

Sounds like a good time but I have a deer or 2 to kill in October, so unless I fill
the tags before that, I gonna have to miss this shoot.

Once huntin' season is over, I'm ready to resume blasting.

Spambo

Now wait just a damn minute! You are gonna go out and tread through the boonies and shoot maybe one (I've seen you shoot) 5 rounds at an animal, when you could go have someone grill your store bought food and shoot hundreds of rounds (from relitive comfort) at nothing?!

Your priorities are all fucked up man..

Mark.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:14:03 AM EDT
i'll be there with bells on depending on what i sell i might have a new 1911 to play with.. so we shall see..

Jess
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:03:09 PM EDT
Yes we have a new toy. The 12.7 Thunder Boss Its a cut down version of the Thunder sabre with a 7-1/2" barrel and a short fixed stock
http://www.bigborecanyon.com/tbossmp1.jpg
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:55:16 PM EDT
BTT and added an attendee list. Please IM to be added to the list.

Mod please TACT.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:27:42 PM EDT
I'm thinking of getting a mini group buy for people who would like to pitch in for some Tannerite to be used at the shoot. I haven't even looked up pricing, but I know everybody asks who's bringing Tannerite? Well maybe if we all pitch in a little for some, we can all share in the enjoyment at the shoot!!!

Just an idea.

Nox
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:07:32 PM EDT

Yes we have a new toy. The 12.7 Thunder Boss Its a cut down version of the Thunder sabre with a 7-1/2" barrel and a short fixed stock
www.bigborecanyon.com/tbossmp1.jpg

WTF!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:09:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shotgun:

www.bigborecanyon.com/tbossmp1.jpg

WTF!

That tharr be a 502 thunderrrrrrr sabrrrrrrrrre.
CH
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:08:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2005 6:09:04 PM EDT by geerhed]

Originally Posted By ch139:
I’d like to come, have to see how things work out as the time gets closer though.

I do know that kythri has that day off, maybe he’ll come too.

Carpool?

ETA: Oddly appropriate post for #223, not that I'm into numerology or anything.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top