Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2018 2:38:42 PM EDT
Specifically the Springfield xde. I'm in the market for a handgun with the specific features of the xde.

Would a private party transfer be legal? For example, somebody in Oregon comes to California with an xde, meets me at an FFL.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 4:07:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dangus:
Specifically the Springfield xde. I'm in the market for a handgun with the specific features of the xde.

Would a private party transfer be legal? For example, somebody in Oregon comes to California with an xde, meets me at an FFL.
View Quote
Sure....a PPT is 100% legal for off-roster.

And the family gift transfer is also 100% legal for off-roster.

But what you describe is not legal.

Go search calguns or google for more detailed info.

_
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 4:11:05 PM EDT
What you are describing is known as "importing" a firearm. It is specifically outlawed.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 4:23:18 PM EDT
Hypothetically, if said Oregon resident who owns an off roster handgun was to establish residency in California, then a private party transfer would become legal between two California residents meeting at an FFL?

I'm just going to find a different handgun to fit my needs, but damn I thought that Springfield xde was the one!
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 6:57:14 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Hypothetically, if said Oregon resident who owns an off roster handgun was to establish residency in California, then a private party transfer would become legal between two California residents meeting at an FFL?

I'm just going to find a different handgun to fit my needs, but damn I thought that Springfield xde was the one!
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 7:01:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2018 8:31:50 PM EDT by Trollslayer]

View Quote
Then, they would not be an Oregon resident. Words matter. I was responding relative to the "Oregon resident".
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:43:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:26:42 AM EDT
OP, if you find someone with a legal exemption who wants to sell it, then you can do a PPT at a brick and mortar FFL and it is legal.

The For Sale Boards on CalGuns is an easy way to look for one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:34:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mayoroscarmayer:
View Quote
What has brought you to laughter?...
Top Top