Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2004 5:03:52 PM EDT
Ok, I think we have a date that's workable for everybody....October 16/17 at casa de swingset. That's the week after Knob Creek, so hopefully no conflicts with anything else.

I'm going to have the range done (finger's crossed) by then, and even if it's not perfect, it's fine for what we'll be doing.

I have plenty of room for camping, there's a large grass lane that goes back to the range we can camp on, it's driveable and I'll have a campfire setup. I can probably host 10-20 folks easily. Judging from our Labor Day shoot, I know the core group of folks that want to come, and if anyone additionally is interested PM me for details or just to let me know so I can plan. Unless it's muddy, you can get a vehicle back to the range no problem (it's situated in the middle of 44 acres of woods), and I have an ATV with a wagon to ferry stuff back and forth too.

As it stands, the range is setup with steel plates and I'll be adding some plinking targets - logs where we can put clays and pop cans up. There is also ample room for clay busting with shotguns. I don't have any qualms about F/A stuff or large calibers really, as long as we make a decent effort to clean up after the mayhem. My neighbors shouldn't be a problem, I'll give them a head's up about it. I'll also have steaks to grill & beer and pop available, if anyone wants to bring food it'd be greatly appreciated. There's a bathroom and shower at the house if you need, or you can go bear-style.

If you want to bring your women folk, that's fine too. Granville, which is a college town with shops and restaurants, is only 5 miles from my house so if the ladies want to bug out and do girly stuff, that's close by. There's lots to do around my neck of the woods.

My place is north of Granville, which is 35 miles northeast of Columbus, accessible easily from route 70 from the south, and is 1 hour south of Mansfield & Route 71. I'll PM directions & my phone # for anyone who needs them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Count me in!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
In.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Guess I better hop over on pre-ban and let the dastardly, exiled Glimmerman know, huh?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:28:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Guess I better hop over on pre-ban and let the dastardly, exiled Glimmerman know, huh?

Is he still in timeout?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

how long does that last? a week?
I believe you are familiar with such things.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how long does that last? a week?
I believe you are familiar with such things.

I guess it depends on the severity of the malfraction. I think I got the boot for a couple weeks. Can't remember.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#7]
WTH did you do?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Im in like Flynn
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If you want to bring your women folk, that's fine too. Granville, which is a college town with shops and restaurants, is only 5 miles from my house so if the ladies want to bug out and do girly stuff, that's close by. There's lots to do around my neck of the woods.

do i have to go shopping or can i shoot??  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

do i have to go shopping or can i shoot??  

Sorry, you must shop!

Just laying down the invitation to the non-shooting ladies, as my better half is a very part time gunslinger. She prefers antique stores to gun shows for some strange reason. Apparently she doesn't like Kettle Corn or stinky guys.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is he still in timeout?

Nope. I just talked to him today. He said he hasnt been on for awhile because he hasnt had time. He said he's broken through in the beanie baby trade and is working on moving his product finding vendors and sales people willing to reap the benefits of the very lucrative beanie baby franchise.

I guess on his first sell he did so well he went out and bought a sea monkey kit or "Sea MonkTropolis". In his words "Sea Monktropolis" is a large(100 gallon) aquarium that holds a large sea monkey habitat fit with all the amenities that a human would have. Complete with housing, parks, government buildings, resturaunts and shopping centers  this kit spares no detail in his opinion. He said hes logged 13 hours so far just getting SeaCentral(sea monkey capitol of Sea Monktropolis) assembled.

I think its neat Mike has found a new hobby and I dont want you guys teasing him about the sea monkeys however odd it may seem.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#12]
A: have you found a new hobby smoking crack?

B: or is that a true story?

I'm gonna have to go with "what is crack cocaine, Alex; for $500?"
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is he still in timeout?

Nope. I just talked to him today. He said he hasnt been on for awhile because he hasnt had time. He said he's broken through in the beanie baby trade and is working on moving his product finding vendors and sales people willing to reap the benefits of the very lucrative beanie baby franchise.

I guess on his first sell he did so well he went out and bought a sea monkey kit or "Sea MonkTropolis". In his words "Sea Monktropolis" is a large(100 gallon) aquarium that holds a large sea monkey habitat fit with all the amenities that a human would have. Complete with housing, parks, government buildings, resturaunts and shopping centers  this kit spares no detail in his opinion. He said hes logged 13 hours so far just getting SeaCentral(sea monkey capitol of Sea Monktropolis) assembled.

I think its neat Mike has found a new hobby and I dont want you guys teasing him about the sea monkeys however odd it may seem.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Will he be there?
(this may affect my decision)

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#15]
hehehe....no.

You know my feeling on that guy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, I promised not to tell the other guys, as they think you're a pretty OK guy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#17]
What the hells wrong with sarge? So what he's catholic and smokes sometimes for medicinal purposes. I know that he's a good guy. Or am I missing something....I havnt been on arfkom alot for the last 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I didn't say there was anything wrong with Sarge.
Just if a goofey looking guy, like pictured above, shows up, I'm out.
Looks like Rumpelstilskin.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What the hells wrong with sarge?

One word: Dolls

Ok, one more word, creepy.

Alright, alright, last word....serialkiller.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I expected a smart-assed answer, but wow!
You over-achiever, you.

OK. OK.  Back to the planning.
Are we good to go for grilling?
Perhaps something better than hotdogs would be appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel I have an insight into the goodness of a man and I can tell you that sarge is a genuine good fella. His sense of humor is misconstrued by some here but rest assured he is rock solid as the shephard watching his sheep.

Make no mistake about it; Id share a sleeping bag with the sarge at any camping event...even with frosty beverages present.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:38:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel I have an insight into the goodness of a man and I can tell you that sarge is a genuine good fella. His sense of humor is misconstrued by some here but rest assured he is rock solid as the shephard watching his sheep.

Make no mistake about it; Id share a sleeping bag with the sarge at any camping event...even with frosty beverages present.

Yeah, but you'd share your sleeping bag with any guy, especially if there are frosty beverages present...you slut.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:59:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That question could make one helluva good thread.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
OK. OK.  Back to the planning.
Are we good to go for grilling?
Perhaps something better than hotdogs would be appropriate.

My local butcher has buffalo steaks I'm going to get before the camp. Delicious. Figure the rest we can make up, tater salad, cole slaw, chips, booze, you get the idea. If anyone wants to bring any other stuff to grill, more than welcome.

Or, if you are feeling high-class, I can prepare a prescutio ham wrapped in bacon, a nice southern fried brie, toasted spice bread, a vegetable medly in wine sauce, and for the main course, some grilled shark steak wrapped in italian lettuce, seasoned with herbs and lemon. We can break out my '92 Glenhennesee, or for a lighter feel the Château Mouton-Rothschild I've been saving since my inheritance cashed in.

Either/or.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I think this will be a good time to test the popup shower they sell for camping. I told myself at bulletfest I was getting one of those bastards after seeing some other people with them. Thats the only thing I dont like about camping: not being able to take a shower in the morn.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

My local butcher has buffalo steaks I'm going to get before the camp. Delicious. Figure the rest we can make up, tater salad, cole slaw, chips, booze, you get the idea. If anyone wants to bring any other stuff to grill, more than welcome.

Or, if you are feeling high-class, I can prepare a prescutio ham wrapped in bacon, a nice southern fried brie, toasted spice bread, a vegetable medly in wine sauce, and for the main course, some grilled shark steak wrapped in italian lettuce, seasoned with herbs and lemon. We can break out my '92 Glenhennesee, or for a lighter feel the Château Mouton-Rothschild I've been saving since my inheritance cashed in.

Either/or.

To reuse a good line...

Damn, you over-achiever, you!

BTW, I'm hungry all of the sudden.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I think this will be a good time to test the popup shower they sell for camping. I told myself at bulletfest I was getting one of those bastards after seeing some other people with them. Thats the only thing I dont like about camping: not being able to take a shower in the morn.

Contrary to popular opinion, we central Ohioans have running water in at least 30% of our houses, and the real fancy folks like myself even have shower facilities.

You're welcome to use it. We don't have a water heater, but I can always heat some up on the stove and throw it over the curtain for effect.

Seriously, we have an extra bathroom dude! Unless you wanna buy a porto-shower, which are handy. I know what you mean tho, I'm the same way. I learned a trick a long time ago when camping far from home. Wet-wipes, baby fresh scented, are a godsend.  You can damn near bath yourself with them, they do a good job when you don't have a shower handy. They can knock some serious stink off of you. That's another reason I cultivated the prison style buzz haircut I wear. It looks the same at 6am as it did the night before, and the week before that. It's all about low-drag! hehe.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Craig, as we discussed karokee would be great. In fact on the way home I rehearsed some old ACDC and some DIO. Can you play DIO? Like Man on the silver mountain? Holy Diver?

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#30]
DIO RULEZ!!!

I request some DIO fronted Black Sabbath...something along the lines of Heaven and Hell or Children of the Sea.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Hehehe....Dio! Memories....

Ever notice that Ronnie James looks uncannily like Rea Pearlman (Carla) from Cheers? Kinda creepy when you think about it.

I'll have to invite my band over for some jams on Saturday night. We'll scounge up all the old metal tunes we know and try to hurt everyone!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Hehehe....Dio! Memories....

Ever notice that Ronnie James looks uncannily like Rea Pearlman (Carla) from Cheers? Kinda creepy when you think about it.

I thought the same thing!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#33]
They're even close to the same size.  Dio is like 5'2" or something...but he has the ultimate "evil" metal voice.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#34]
BTT.

What size is your 4wheeler Craig? Im gonna haul Mikes stuff so he can put his dirtbike in his truck. Im going to bring my sled and helmet so you guys can pull me through woods. We'll tape it and send it in to "Jackass".
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#35]
JME I thought "Jackass" already had filefootage of you!!!!!!!

ETA Cool moving targets for the belt-fed
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like I've got my schedule cleared for this.. now to decide on sleeping on the ground or driving my happy butt home to sleep in a nice soft and dry bed
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#37]
We could get 3 of us in my tent. Or if its too cramped for you, bring some carpet or padding and we'll throw a tarp over my truck bed and you can crash there. IVe got tarps.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
JME I thought "Jackass" already had filefootage of you!!!!!!!

ETA Cool moving targets for the belt-fed

Not yet but theres still hope! We'll get footage of you coming out of the woods in some old bibs and a straw hat and say to the camera man, "you aint from around these parts are ya". IT will have a "deliverance" typr theme to it
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I've got the bibs but not the hat.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#40]
im there, with all the ammo i didnt shoot at labor day

(all the ammo, yeah, right)

i have staked a claim on one of the bunks in paul's camper  

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Looks like I've got my schedule cleared for this.. now to decide on sleeping on the ground or driving my happy butt home to sleep in a nice soft and dry bed

I've got a tent and a cot, or if you're one of those soft, city type fellers I have two big couches down in my play room you're welcome to crash on. I have an overly amorous black lab that might wake you up with thoughts of love, but at least it's warm and dry.

Brian, bring your sled. I've got the camcorder charged and ready for whatever may ensue. My quad could pull 25 nuns by their pigtails if I wanted to. I plan on pulling my life-sized Bea Arthur action figure behind it at a good 45mph clip and letting you guys try to catch me. Whoever catches up to it gets to enjoy her for the evening.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:30:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Whoever catches up to it gets to enjoy her for the evening. hr

You hooked me with that one.  Count me in now.  There is just something about distinguished women with silver hair.

On a serious note though, I would be real nervous to fall asleep with that dog of yours around.  He was way to friendly during daylight hours.  I cannot imagine what he is capable of on a full moon night.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I've got a tent and a cot, or if you're one of those soft, city type fellers I have two big couches down in my play room you're welcome to crash on.

Got a tent and a very nice thermarest pad, just depends on the weather more than anything.

I have an overly amorous black lab that might wake you up with thoughts of love, but at least it's warm and dry.

Warm I'm sure but dry some how I doubt, knowing labs ya get a bath if they like you, or even if they don't
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:23:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I plan on pulling my life-sized Bea Arthur action figure behind it at a good 45mph clip and letting you guys try to catch me. Whoever catches up to it gets to enjoy her for the evening.

I'm bringing "my bad motorscooter" and it will do at least 80. So if any you chumps think you can catch me and Bea, forget about it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:00:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Looks like the Gman will finaly have a date for Saturday night.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
On a serious note though, I would be real nervous to fall asleep with that dog of yours around.  He was way to friendly during daylight hours.  I cannot imagine what he is capable of on a full moon night.

Was wondering if you'd find this thread! Don't worry about Bullet, he's mostly heterosexual. Since his unfortunate denutting, he's quite timid....unless you have a ball or a stick in your hand, then it's game on.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Looks like the Gman will finaly have a date for Saturday night.

....and I won't even have to buy her dinner.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Hey, this looks like it would be fun.  We had a fantastic time a few weeks ago with a Hoosier shoot and campout.  I would like to come but that is muzzle loader opener in KY for deer.

Please keep me on the list for next time.  I will have some cool new camping gizmos by then.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm out.  Dammit!
We put our house up for sale Wed. and it sold today. 5 days on the market.
Good and bad.
Good because we got what we wanted and fast; bad because I didn't NEED to move for 6 months and I like my house.
They want to close/take posession on Oct 21st. So I'll be moving that weekend.

Well, I'm off to look for an apartment while I look for land and build my house....
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'm out.  Dammit!

Sorry to hear that! We'll eat a burger and drink in your honor, and Glimmer will crash his scooter into a tree and dedicate it to you.

Seriously, I'll do another camp and shoot soon, maybe in the spring or early summer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top