Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2003 4:42:16 PM EDT
Smudge and I have the inclination to set up another GR shoot and feast on the 25th. I suggest dining at Blazin Bills afterwards(why spoil a tradition?)
I suggest a meeting time at 11am. Come one, come all. Bring your toys and bring a coat!
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure that gives me enough time to upgrade my range wagon...  I was badly outclassed the last time I showed up at Grand River and I'm suffering from a severe case of penis envy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm not sure that gives me enough time to upgrade my range wagon...  I was badly outclassed the last time I showed up at Grand River and I'm suffering from a severe case of penis envy.

Your little red war wagon beats my best drywall bucket anyday
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, since HE brought it up.......Last week this guy shows up with a red wagon completely pimped out. It was HUGE. It looked like it had car tires on it, was about four feet high, had a built in brass catcher, was carpeted, and had wooden sided built in. The owner plans to add a second story, like one of those English double decker busses!!!The only blemish was the varnish job. He must have shaken the varnish instead if stirring it. The finish was kinda bubbly. Can't swing it the 25TH, couldn't get off of work. I'm sure Capitalist will eat enough for the both of us though.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 4:25:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Darn.  I'm moving that week, so I'll have to pass.  It's a pity, with Engineer buying and all.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 5:53:03 AM EDT
[#5]
saturday the 25th or sunday the 26th?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I shudder to think that as a fizassist living in new mexico you'll have a .458 upper AND an A-bomb. Do those things fit in a gun safe?
It's a shame we all won't be able to hook up before you leave... I'll eat a rib or 2 for ya.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'll eat a rib or 2 for ya.

or three or four or ten or a slab or two....
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Your little red war wagon beats my best drywall bucket anyday

Just so you know, the last time we were there (the infamous red wagon incident), someone showed up with a bucket-for-a-range-bag ... you have competition as well!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I shudder to think that as a fizassist living in new mexico you'll have a .458 upper AND an A-bomb. Do those things fit in a gun safe?

The former, yes.  The latter....er....um....I can't talk about that.  

It's a shame we all won't be able to hook up before you leave...

Yeah, it is!  There are some circumstances that might delay my trip, but not by long; I start  on Monday the 27th.  If I decide to be crazy and fly out on the 26th, I might make it.  Of course, that means I have to scare the TSA people by flying out with some of my guns.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yeah, it is!  There are some circumstances that might delay my trip, but not by long; I start  on Monday the 27th.  If I decide to be crazy and fly out on the 26th, I might make it.  Of course, that means I have to scare the TSA people by flying out with some of my guns.  

I think you should delay your trip. Ya can't pass up a shoot with the GR crew. If you're worried about taking your toys on the plane, I will volunteer to take your guns off your hands. I promise I'll give them a good home

Oh ya. Make sure you eat with us afterwards too. Engineer is picking up the check
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Either day sounds like a plan.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Will Scottman make it this time?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Will Scottman make this time?

He's certainly welcome.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
saturday the 25th or sunday the 26th?

Sat 25th
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:53:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm gonna try.

You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses, wouldya?

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#16]
hey smudge, clean out your IM box!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Cleaned
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm definetly planning on being there. Hope it's a pretty nice weekend.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Just wanted to add that I'll be hitting Akron in the morning and then trekking up to Grand River.  Anybody else going?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, I'll be there. And remember, I'll have my tread depth gauge with me this time, Engineer. Keep those war wagons safe!!

Groucho
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Just wanted to add that I'll be hitting Akron in the morning and then trekking up to Grand River.  Anybody else going?

Might try to work in Akron in the AM, arrive @ GR shortly after noon.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Well folks, it looks like weather.com is predicitng 70% chance of showers tomorrow.  Are we making this a rain or shine affair?

I'll be hitting Akron in the morning around 9AM and then leaving for the range around 10:30, so my guess is that it'll be closer to 11:15-11:30 before I get to Grand River.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey guys,
    I'm sorry I'm going to miss it, but I'm in New Mexico now enjoying the quiet and the scenery.   Y'all have fun!

-fiz
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:06:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well folks, it looks like weather.com is predicitng 70% chance of showers tomorrow.  Are we making this a rain or shine affair?

I'll be hitting Akron in the morning around 9AM and then leaving for the range around 10:30, so my guess is that it'll be closer to 11:15-11:30 before I get to Grand River.

Sure. Rain or Shine. Sunday is gonna be the same weather. This will be the last get together of the year I suspect. It'll be nice to get the guys together. Who's buying BBQ'd pig for everyone this time?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Chris, why dont you stuff the northern ohio clan in that big truck of yours and meet up with the southern clan at the Wilmington gunshow November 1st. Then we'll all go shoot'n
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:03:37 AM EDT
[#26]
looks like all rain and no shine.

see you guys at Summit...
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, how was it??????
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Well, how was it??????

We had a smaller turn out,but we had a good time. No rain all day and good shooting temperature. If this kind of weather keeps up I'll be back to GR a few more times this year. Bro Bill you missed out on the BBQ pork. It sure was good! Smudge gave guncrazy223 and I  a copy of the Bulletfest CD. Gonna check it out tonight
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Well, how was it??????

Well, all went fine. There was one safety violation. "Someone" left a loaded stapler on their shooting bench during a cease fire. Engineer left his war wagon at home so I couldn't do a proper inspection. Yes, I brought my tread depth gauge and was just waiting.

OK, it was good to see everyone and the weather held for the duration. I enjoyed seeing folks.

Groucho
Your friendly range officer
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Capitalist,

You can find AK wood for your Romanian at http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/. Looks like they have it in stock, but I'd call to make sure.

Groucho
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm glad you guys all behaved yourselves....We have to set up something in a couple of weeks when I'm off weekends...We'll get the whole crew together for one last fling...hopefully the red wagon won't require snow tires!!!Groucho, why don't you bring a change of clothes and tie the feed bag on after???I hear Smudge is treating us all to dinner after the last shoot.....He's got plenty of $$$$$$$$$$...
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I'm glad you guys all behaved yourselves....We have to set up something in a couple of weeks when I'm off weekends...We'll get the whole crew together for one last fling...

I definitely vote for that plan since somebody still owes us a barbecue at his place - now who could that be?

The Summit County show was a total waste today - I didn't see a single thing that I wanted to buy and my attempts to locate some AK parts were futile.  However, if I wanted purses or blankets, I would have had multiple vendors to choose from.  Heck, there were even toy cars for sale.  I know Christmas is coming up soon, but geez, it's a GUN SHOW.

Grand River was fun, although I was accosted by Groucho with his tire gauge.  He seemed upset that he couldn't bust me for any violations today.  Though he has apparently made some comments about our "AR15.com Quilt Club" (I'll let him explain).  It was definitely an AK rich day at the range.  My Saiga conversion ran fairly smoothly although I need to do some feedramp filing for it to run 100%.  I also helped Smudge install and tune up his Red Star Arms trigger - he now has an SAR-3 ready for bump firin'.

Oh yeah, one more thing - shame on Danno_man for bailing on us - you wuss!

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#33]
hmmmmm....I think whomever planned the cookout at their house after, will have to wait till next year. No fun cooking on the deck with the snow flying...So Eddy, what excuse are you giving again for not buying me a present at the funshow????
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Engineer said,"I was accosted by Groucho with his tire gauge. He seemed upset that he couldn't bust me for any violations today. Though he has apparently made some comments about our "AR15.com Quilt Club" (I'll let him explain)."

First, I did not "accost" the engineer. I merely had my tread depth gauge with me to make certain that his war wagon was safe. Mr. Engineer chose not to bring his wagon. Hmmmm...I wonder why?

Second, about the comment on the "quilt club:" Hey, I didn't know you would bring in blankies and quilts to the range. If I'd have known some folks were doing that, I'd have supplied milk and grammies before you took your nap! Nice quilt, btw. I really liked the cute design having
Groucho (Tom)
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm glad you guys all behaved yourselves....We have to set up something in a couple of weeks when I'm off weekends...We'll get the whole crew together for one last fling...

I definitely vote for that plan since somebody still owes us a barbecue at his place - now who could that be?

The Summit County show was a total waste today - I didn't see a single thing that I wanted to buy and my attempts to locate some AK parts were futile.  However, if I wanted purses or blankets, I would have had multiple vendors to choose from.  Heck, there were even toy cars for sale.  I know Christmas is coming up soon, but geez, it's a GUN SHOW.

Grand River was fun, although I was accosted by Groucho with his tire gauge.  He seemed upset that he couldn't bust me for any violations today.  Though he has apparently made some comments about our "AR15.com Quilt Club" (I'll let him explain).  It was definitely an AK rich day at the range.  My Saiga conversion ran fairly smoothly although I need to do some feedramp filing for it to run 100%.  I also helped Smudge install and tune up his Red Star Arms trigger - he now has an SAR-3 ready for bump firin'.

Oh yeah, one more thing - shame on Danno_man for bailing on us - you wuss! hr

I owe a rib or 2 to engineer after the next shoot for installing my rsa trigger & hammer. He had it installed and adjusted in about 10 minutes. Probably would have taken me an hour. I think he's been practicin' with a stop watch  
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:38:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Hmmmm....So Engineer's expertise includes installing triggers, hammers, AND stocks??????????We're going to owe him a new house before we're done...(I have a SAR 1 that's crying for the above mentioned updates).......
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top