Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2017 1:47:49 PM EST
I would like to take the family on a mid week trip to Ocean Shores. Can anyone recommend a good value hotel/motel?

Also, I see folks drive their vehicles on the beach but never see dirt bikes. Are dirt bikes forbidden?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:45:07 PM EST
Originally Posted By ZAquaman:
I would like to take the family on a mid week trip to Ocean Shores. Can anyone recommend a good value hotel/motel?

Also, I see folks drive their vehicles on the beach but never see dirt bikes. Are dirt bikes forbidden?
View Quote

I don't have a recommendation but beaches that are legal to drive on are considered highways with the same requirements.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:17:54 PM EST
It's not exactly at Ocean Shores but I stayed at Ocean Crest Resort up by Moclips and definitely recommend it. Short drive down to Ocean City/Shores with plenty to see all along the highway.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:59:18 PM EST
You need a .mil card but we stay at the pacific beach mwr facility.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:40:19 PM EST
I stay at the Polynesian whenever I'm there. Pet friendly if you have a dog or two... or three.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:06:38 AM EST
We rent a house up in Ocean City, but in the past have stayed at what is now apparently called the MorningGlory, used to be a Holiday Inn Express. I would give them another try if looking for a value hotel. Really good location, walking distance to the beach, shopping, dining, etc.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:03:24 PM EST
My usual stop in OS is the Shiloh. Great location and great service. Excellent spot to watch storms.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:58:19 PM EST
check Air BnB, you can usually rent a house for about the price of a hotel. Lots of rental houses in that area.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:09:26 PM EST
Thanks for the suggestions, family had a great time. It's remarkable what a 7yo boy and an E-tool can accomplish on a sandy beach in 10 hours...
Top Top