Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/9/2011 6:33:05 PM EST
This came in from the NRA-ILA today
The U.S. Senate may soon begin confirmation hearings on one of the most dangerous political appointees of Barack Obama's presidency –– and NRA-ILA needs YOUR HELP to defeat this nomination!

President Obama has tapped Andrew Traver, a committed ringleader in the gun-ban movement, to head up the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE). Now, the U.S. Senate must decide whether to allow Traver to take over this crucial government post.

As a committed Second Amendment freedom fighter, you're well aware that this agency has an enormous and direct impact on you and other gun owners nationwide. And if Andrew Traver is confirmed by the U.S. Senate, it will turn back the clock all the way to the Clinton days when the full force of BATFE's enormous powers were leveled against gun stores and gun owners on an almost daily basis.

That's why I'm asking you to visit www.StopTraver.org today.

Through this special website, you can send messages directly to your U.S. Senators and make your voice heard BEFORE the Senate considers this disastrous nomination. This website also includes an important "Stop Traver" Fact Sheet with critical information you need to know about Andrew Traver.

Please understand, Traver is not just another run-of-the-mill anti-gun elitist, but a dedicated gun-ban zealot with the deepest possible ties to the national "gun control" movement.

And now, President Barack Obama wants to put him in charge of BATFE where he can inflict almost unlimited and permanent damage to our rights.

Please, visit www.StopTraver.org today and help us win this crucial battle –– for yourself and for every American who cherishes our constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Thanks in advance for your courageous help!

Sincerely,

Chris W. Cox
Executive Director
NRA Institute for Legislative Action

P.S. Anti-gun ringleaders across the country are doing everything in their power to make sure that Andrew Traver is confirmed by the U.S. Senate as the next Director of BATFE. You need to make your voice heard! Please, click here to visit www.StopTraver.org and help defeat this disastrous Obama nomination today!

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 7:07:36 PM EST
Done and Done
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 10:29:18 PM EST
Hit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 4:05:40 AM EST
i put mine in also
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 8:15:39 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 8:18:34 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 8:38:36 AM EST
Done

Posted on Facebook as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 9:09:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By xd45er:
Done

Posted on Facebook as well.

Followed your lead good sir.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 10:20:51 AM EST
+1
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 3:34:39 PM EST
Got this email back today. I'm assuming everyone else did too.

Dear Mr. Boling,

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to Andrew Traver, President Obama's nominee for Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE).  It is good to hear from you.

As you know, on November 17, 2010, President Obama nominated Andrew Traver to fill this vacant position.  Currently, Mr. Traver serves as the special agent in charge of the Bureau's Chicago field division.  In the 112th Congress, this nomination was resubmitted to the U.S. Senate for confirmation.  Like you, I have serious concerns about Mr. Traver and do not believe he should lead ATF.  Please be assured that I will continue to monitor this nomination and should Mr. Traver's confirmation come to the floor of the U.S. Senate for a vote, I will oppose him.  As long as I am your representative in the U.S. Senate, I will continue to work hard to protect Second Amendment rights for the people of Arkansas. 

Again, thank you for contacting me on this very important issue.  Please be sure to visit our website at www.boozman.senate.gov.  I look forward to your continued correspondence.

Sincerely,

John Boozman
U.S. Senator

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:20:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2011 4:22:37 PM EST by winslowgunnut]

Dear Mr. Boling,

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to Andrew Traver, President Obama's nominee for Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE).  It is good to hear from you.

As you know, on November 17, 2010, President Obama nominated Andrew Traver to fill this vacant position.  Currently, Mr. Traver serves as the special agent in charge of the Bureau's Chicago field division.  In the 112th Congress, this nomination was resubmitted to the U.S. Senate for confirmation.  Like you, I have serious concerns about Mr. Traver and do not believe he should lead ATF.  Please be assured that I will continue to monitor this nomination and should Mr. Traver's confirmation come to the floor of the U.S. Senate for a vote, I will oppose him.  As long as I am your representative in the U.S. Senate, I will continue to work hard to protect Second Amendment rights for the people of Arkansas. 

Again, thank you for contacting me on this very important issue.  Please be sure to visit our website at www.boozman.senate.gov.  I look forward to your continued correspondence.

Sincerely,

John Boozman
U.S. Senator

Yep. Same standard reply that I got and have gotten several times from his office in the past.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:50:49 PM EST
done.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:45:35 PM EST
Done
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:58:42 PM EST
+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:45:24 AM EST
So yet another "hometown" boy for obama to use for his own agenda? And they call arkansas a "good ole boy" system....
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:38:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By Deskoski:
So yet another "hometown" boy for obama to use for his own agenda? And they call arkansas a "good ole boy" system....

We got it from Chicago. You might even say that's the reason that many local governments in this state have at least a feeling of corruption about them. There's a reason many mobsters vacationed here...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:46:39 PM EST

Dear Mr. Boling,

Sincerely,

John Boozman
U.S. Senator

Finally a answer from a Senator I can understand! I sent the email out to my senators (PA resedent thought I live in AR) I hope I get back a answer like that!

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:09:21 AM EST
Done. I also received a quick response from Boozman.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 6:04:28 AM EST
Done. Boozman emailed me back yesterday.

Culley
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:22:29 PM EST
message sent with donation
Top Top