Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 9:01:16 PM EDT
Hello All.

I just got into town tonight and will be here off and on for the next couple months.  Can someone tell me where in the Oakland area I can find a good place to go to buy toys for my AR?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
No gun shops in Oakland anymore as far as I know. Seigles closed down at least 5 years ago. Maybe 10 years ago.

I'm thinking that the closest gun shop will be Traders on East 14th street in San Leandro. I guess you could always just go in for a laugh.

What do you mean by "toys"?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If "toys for my AR" means stuff like Aimpoints, rail forends, high end stocks, get your ass down to Reed's Indoor Range in Santa Clara. They are pretty much the only shop in the Bay Area (maybe even all of CA) that caters to our type of gunowner.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#3]
THEY HAVE A RENTAL MINI GUN. I NEED TO GO THERE NOW.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:40:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Irvington Arms in Fremont.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Last I checked it costs $1000 to rent it And I've never seen it there.....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last I checked it costs $1000 to rent it And I've never seen it there.....

They keep it in the back.....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
$1000 to rent a gun?  Are they joking?  Thats sounds CRASIE!  Which direction is Santa Clara from Oakland? Thanks.

I looked at reeds website today.  Im gonna go there tomorrow.  The website looks cool and they have a lot of stuff.  Thanks for the tips!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
$1000 to rent a gun?  Are they joking?  Thats sounds CRASIE!  Which direction is Santa Clara from Oakland? Thanks.

I looked at reeds website today.  Im gonna go there tomorrow.  The website looks cool and they have a lot of stuff.  Thanks for the tips!!

from oakland, you go southbound to get to santa clara.

i don't know if it's still around, but there's a place in san ramon that caters to the black rifle.  they had a bunch of full autos since they do a bunch of movies.  i think the name is Walt's???  

IMO, the best place to buy toys for your AR is right here!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:39:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i don't know if it's still around, but there's a place in san ramon that caters to the black rifle.  they had a bunch of full autos since they do a bunch of movies.  i think the name is Walt's???  

You're thinking of Wayne's in Dublin. They closed down four or five years ago. Once Greg started running the show, it went down hill FAST. Plus once the CA AWB took place their buisness was mostly limited to LEO stuff so that also contributed alot to their closing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Heard on the news last night Traders is closing due to having over 1700 missing firearms. If you been in there recently , they don't have as many guns as usual.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Heard on the news last night Traders is closing due to having over 1700 missing firearms. If you been in there recently , they don't have as many guns as usual.

Correct. Trader's was closed down by the ATF!
Irvington Arms in Fremont is your best bet, besides the owner is ARFcom member BigMac.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Heard on the news last night Traders is closing due to having over 1700 missing firearms. If you been in there recently , they don't have as many guns as usual.

that sucks!  a lot of people used to complain (me being one of them) but if you talk to the owner, he'd give you REALLY good deals!  sad to see them go.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're thinking of Wayne's in Dublin. They closed down four or five years ago. Once Greg started running the show, it went down hill FAST. Plus once the CA AWB took place their buisness was mostly limited to LEO stuff so that also contributed alot to their closing.

that's right...  wayne's.  i'm surprised it closed that long ago...  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yea some other place moved in, called "Dickies" or something like that, it's a knife/gun shop, but the ATF is apparently giving them shit so their FFL has been delayed or some story like that. Guy that works there says they can't get an FFL because Wayne's was the last FFL in that building and Wayne was bad gun fu ju ju or something. I doubt they'll ever get their FFL.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Heard on the news last night Traders is closing due to having over 1700 missing firearms. If you been in there recently , they don't have as many guns as usual.hinking.gif

Correct. Trader's was closed down by the ATF!
Irvington Arms in Fremont is your best bet, besides the owner is ARFcom member BigMac.hr

Can you tell me what Irvington Arms is close to?  I thought I was in the right spot, but there was just a small gun store in a 3 store strip with rear parking and they had absolutely jack.  I was obviously at the wrong place.  I will have to check it out.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#17]
i mainly shop reeds indoor.  right across the street from the airsoft shop(gets ready for ridicule). great staff, decent prices.

if you want it they can usually order it for you if they dont stock it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was Gary...not Greg.

There was another shop on the other end of Dublin Blvd..."Michael's"  Shitty location behind Hooters....I found it the day he was shutting down and bought out almost all his ammo inventory.

American Outdoor in Livermore should still be there, but Rich is in his last year there as well.

Irvington arms is a good shop...there's also Castro valley Gun shop and Andreottis.

I think Old West Gun Room in El Ceritto is still kicking, too.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#19]
So far, Reeds has been the best.  I have been less than impressed with Irvington and with Aendrotti.  I guess Im just used to seeing many guns and plenty of accessories.  No one seems to keep any inventory here.  I miss my high cap mags!!!!!  Thanks for the info guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top