Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 7:40:16 PM EDT
Who here has a membership and would be willing to sponsor a fellow AR15 member and his dad?

Dad and I were there today...had a blast. (pun intended)

Very nice clean facility. Well run and good bunch of range officers. (willing to answer questions...kinda nice for once)

BESA is no longer accepting applications until next year. (MAYBE)

I need and outdoor range that is "relatively" close to either St. Paul or Minnetonka.
(I shoot with the other "soot lords", indoor ranges are verboten)

I also like the fact that it has a good 100yd and 200yd range...

Anyhow, the fees appear to be reasonable and the time commitment is not bad at all. (18hours? I spend more time reloading each month)

Any takers? I'll buy ya dinner.
(bribery on the board is legal, isn't  it?)
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Talk to jem375.  He's the resident OGC guru.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:17:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who here has a membership and would be willing to sponsor a fellow AR15 member and his dad?

Very nice clean facility. Well run and good bunch of range officers. (willing to answer questions...kinda nice for once)

I need and outdoor range that is "relatively" close to either St. Paul or Minnetonka.

Anyhow, the fees appear to be reasonable and the time commitment is not bad at all. (18hours? I spend more time reloading each month)

yes, will sponsor you if needed....last year sponsorship was not needed, but according to the website it is required.....it is a very good place to shoot and the 200 yard range finally is done with the upgrading after all that rain...no problem being a sponsor, will check and find out what month next year if you are excepted when to attend the membership meetings.........Did you pick up an application when you were out there shooting??
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes, will sponsor you if needed....last year sponsorship was not needed, but according to the website it is required.....it is a very good place to shoot and the 200 yard range finally is done with the upgrading after all that rain...no problem being a sponsor, will check and find out what month next year if you are excepted when to attend the membership meetings.........Did you pick up an application when you were out there shooting??

I applied (successfully) last year, and I was required to have a sponsor. I already knew a member or two, but some random guy at the clubhouse just signed it for me without even knowing my name (thanks ).
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I applied (successfully) last year, and I was required to have a sponsor. I already knew a member or two, but some random guy at the clubhouse just signed it for me without even knowing my name (thanks ).

yes, I talked to the guy last year that handles new memberships and was told that normally you would require a sponsor but he was not going to let that be a stumbling block for someone to join...but, a sponsor is required by the rules stated on the website and this coming year you might have to be sponsored...I'll sponsor anyone who wants to join as I know you would also.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#5]
deleted
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
deleted

You  doing that crap again?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea he's to much of a pansey to leave his posting up
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
deleted

well, it's none of your business but made a mistake and deleted it....I don't think there was anything written on a post to even justify explaining anything to you....but, I hit reply instead of IM user,...........OK....???
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
deleted

well, it's none of your business but made a mistake and deleted it....I don't think there was anything written on a post to even justify explaining anything to you....but, I hit reply instead of IM user,...........OK....???

Actually... no... it isn't "ok"
That is the same garbage you pulled when you were trying to bump threads off the page....

Fer ceerist's sake... grow up... or at least start resembling your age.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
deleted

Actually... no... it isn't "ok"
That is the same garbage you pulled when you were trying to bump threads off the page....

Fer ceerist's sake... grow up... or at least start resembling your age.

I explained to you what happened...if you don't like it, tough....I had no reason to bring it back up to the top because enough has been written about the subject.....lighten up and try to mind your own business...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]
OH just let him wear his pooppy diaper and pout in the corner
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
<snip> try to mind your own business...

Best advice I've heard in a week..... you should try it!

Edited to add:

Hey!
You ever going to support this board?.. Just asking ya know.

Seems to me folks that don't help support are like certain undesirables in New Orleans...

You know, a little french and demanding from the system with never having put anything in.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#13]
will do it very shortly
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
will do it very shortly

I don't think he was referring to you...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#15]
FYI, I shot with the current President of OGC last night at Bills Gun Range Tactical Tuesday.  A great guy and a great shooter!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You know, a little french and demanding from the system with never having put anything in.

Ever hear of free will offering? At no time has the board administrators said you had to pay to post.

Donate if you get the value out of it.

Calling someone french is way out of line...

Stop hijacking posts to rail on other board members. (even if they don't  donate to every cause you do)

You seemed really cool at  the Revolver1 shoot, why the change of heart?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever hear of free will offering? At no time has the board administrators said you had to pay to post.

Stop hijacking posts to rail on other board members. (even if they don't  donate to every cause you do)

Actually no change of heart....

If you mention "Defensive Edge Training"  In jem's presence he goes off on a rant...
He bitched to a moderator that we had too much DE stuff in our forum...
He then posted an empty post, (with out any edit)

This is an old thing.. we tried to pacify this person by using a tacked thread...

I have seen no threads where the person in question has contributed to the information base... I'm not talking about money. I'm talking about advancing our sport!

Now then... regarding the hijack....
I called him on a "device" ::delete::

Look at his response.... I personally can't get that drunk to "misfire" by that degree.

There is more here than meets the eye.

Look at the totality of the person you wish to champion....
Call me in the morning.

He Hijacked his own thread when he opened it to a question of ethics.

That is all.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Usually he is the one trashing our threads, and he just gets away with it time and time again so we will read threads that we don't care about and respond however, because that is what he would do to us.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:29:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Done
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top