Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2005 10:40:58 PM EDT
Whats the best spot for hogs; no dogs, just my rifle?  I know I cant use firearms around Pali Highway, Im thinking up by Dillingham Airfield or kaena point; those pretty good spots?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:47:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Open season all year round. Ive seen many taken from Central Oahu area. They (hunters) never went into detail of their  spots...they keep quiet about that part..
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont really want a spot, just a general part of the island.  Im thinking maybe Schofield East Range area, thats about as central as I can think of but  dont know if you can hunt it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Above Kahuku and Pupukea. When its been rainy you don't have to go to far back.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Any good roads going back there or do you need to hump it in a good ways?  Im familiar up to the spot where we recovered the two blackhawks in 01', thats about as far back as Ive been there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#5]
There are a bunch of roads back there but most are locked and gated, you can drive up to the scout camp at Pupukea and hike in from there, or drive up to the motocross track at V-land and hike in from there. I bet the pigs are coming down now with all the rain we're getting out here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:39:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been riding at the Kahuku Motorcross track and surrounding trails for almost 5 years, and in that time I've almost hit feral pigs at least three dozen times.  I see them in that area every time I'm up there.  I guess they would rather take their chances with the dirt bikes than with the hunters.  

There are tons of 4X4 and dirt bike trails up there.  Very easy to get lost chasing a stinky, tick-infested pig through those forests.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top