Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2004 5:16:13 PM EST
anyone know of a dealer in GA who stocks OOW recievers. im looking to pick up a couple of AK recievers and id like to do it in-state and avoid the hassles.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:37:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2004 5:39:50 PM EST by Kletzenklueffer]
I think the guy at "The Gu n Shop" in Lilburn area carries them. Check gunbroker for them. He adverts as Ton80

Here you go- Doesn't say they're OOW, but he can tell you for sure.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=22668255
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:57:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By Kletzenklueffer:
I think the guy at "The Gu n Shop" in Lilburn area carries them. Check gunbroker for them. He adverts as Ton80

Here you go- Doesn't say they're OOW, but he can tell you for sure.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=22668255

That's actually a Hesse receiver. You definitely don't want that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:59:15 AM EST
Actually, the Hesse/Vulcan Receivers are good to go. I've built several on them and if you go into the AK forums you'll see that many others have as well. I think the problem with Hesse/Vulcan are the monkeys who assemble the completed rifles. Its a folded piece of sheet metal, at least they can get THAT right.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:06:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lawman734:
Actually, the Hesse/Vulcan Receivers are good to go. I've built several on them and if you go into the AK forums you'll see that many others have as well. I think the problem with Hesse/Vulcan are the monkeys who assemble the completed rifles. Its a folded piece of sheet metal, at least they can get THAT right.

My only concern would be that they are heat treated correctly. There is a guy here locally (ATLGA) that had a Hungarian that was not heat treated properly and the rivets are wallowing out the holes in the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:28:38 AM EST
I got a couple from Brett at www.HeavyArmsLLC.com .
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:25:17 PM EST
I got an FFL in Forsyth that can receive them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:31:28 PM EST
Stay away from the Hesse/ Vulcan Reciever. I built an AK on it and ran into some problems. Hole locations were off, and you will have to do your own heatreating...especially the ejector.

I used a Global Trades 1.6 mm reciever for my last build. As long as you are able to narrow your trunions you should not have any issues with it.
Top Top