Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2010 1:20:54 PM EDT
It's a repeat of this documentary
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></meta>http://current.com/groups/videos/92664579_tim-shaw-on-guns-monday-20th-september-10pm.htm about gun laws in the UK.
Half way through at the moment. Quite interesting and worth watching out for another repeat.

Colin
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it available online?
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't seen it available online, but I'll look out for it.  When the UK journalist went to the USA for research he went to VA and was shown how you can buy a pistol in about 5minutes.  This was obviously to shock UK views at how 'dangerous' the US is. I found that poor journalism as they should have also shown the procedure in a place like NJ where it will take a couple of days.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I haven't seen it available online, but I'll look out for it.  When the UK journalist went to the USA for research he went to VA and was shown how you can buy a pistol in about 5minutes.  This was obviously to shock UK views at how 'dangerous' the US is. I found that poor journalism as they should have also shown the procedure in a place like NJ where it will take a couple of days.

May be he should have shown the procedure here.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is it available online?

Not that I can see but it will be repeated on the 26th Dec @ 23:30 on the same channel "Current TV"
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He did speak to a tweed wearing expert here about the licensing procedure for owning a firearm, however the expert always called them weapons. Which we know they are not.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe this guy should have gone to Switzerland to make the comparison.  On a per capita basis I think they have one of the highest gun ownership rates in Europe and one of the lowest rates of gun crime in the world.  But I guess that wouldn't have provided the answers they wanted to hear.  Don't the British pistol team train in Switzerland, that would have shown an interesting perspective.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:10:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This must have been a very good day for Virginia State Police, my fastest to date is 2 hours the longest 7 hours.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

He did speak to a tweed wearing expert here about the licensing procedure for owning a firearm, however the expert always called them weapons. Which we know they are not.  

The tweed wearing chap was Mike Yardley. He seems a bit of a ninny, but he's ok in person & has made some solid representations to Government enquiries
via BASC etc. Better someone like him than some inbred fenmong who leaves loaded CF rifles propped up against his back door

Yep, some of it was very polarised.
But we could pick holes in alot of it simply because we do participate in shooting sports.

I thought the least convincing speaker was that lady from the GCN. Very weak unsubstantiated  opinions & nothing more, weighed
against the growing scrutinised figures that support CCW & OC states where violent crimes against the person is down, year on year in
most states.
Her argument was more scrutiny on who keeps firearms in UK & for what reasons. I guess I see here point tyo some degree as far as UK is concerned, but it's
very difficult to quantify usage of a firearm for pest control using S1 & S2 long arms
Trouble is, the GCN are a well financed global bunch of nitwits that have yet to realise that even if firearms were all banned, the next tool down would
take it's place, be refined & developed etc.
They would have us all throwing spears & banging flints together !

What was quite amusing was the presenter getting more & more into the shooting of the firearms, & actually saying he enjoyed it...funny that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top