Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2003 4:05:22 PM EDT
I haven't been able to get in for at least an hour or so!!!

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I know I just tried too. And I am not on my computer so I dont have the new URL bookmarked. I tried coloradoshooting.com and there is no link the the new forums there.

Do you have the new forums bookmarked?

KC
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
hmmmm, good idea  

went to 'history' for my browser and found the URL for the new forum:

coloradoshooting.org/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't put a link to the ar15 discussion board on the Colorado Shooting site. I wanted them to have their own identities. But I'll work on it.

The "old" MSN site is at:
www.co-ar15.com

or directly:
groups.msn.com/ColoradoAR15ShootersSite/_whatsnew.msnw?pgmarket=en-us

The new discussion boards are at:
coloradoshooting.org/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

The "old" MSN site has been very stable. I'm hoping when I get the new one up it will be as good or better.

Both appear to be up now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got this email...

"Dear Valued Clients,

Yesterday evening at approximately 7:15 PM Eastern Time, the Baltimore Electric Company, BG&E ordered that all power be shut down within our Network Operating Center building while technicians made repairs to power lines that were damaged due to a fire. This action was completely unexpected an unplanned. Our system administrators and technical staff had no choice but to execute our emergency shutdown plans immediately. They brought all servers offline and shut them down in an orderly manner. BG&E would not allow our UPS or Backup Generator to be in operation during the repairs, to assure the safety of their technicians."

There's more. But you get the idea. (Personally I think this is dumber then dirt.)

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just got this email...

"Dear Valued Clients,

Yesterday evening at approximately 7:15 PM Eastern Time, the Baltimore Electric Company, BG&E ordered that all power be shut down within our Network Operating Center building while technicians made repairs to power lines that were damaged due to a fire. This action was completely unexpected an unplanned. Our system administrators and technical staff had no choice but to execute our emergency shutdown plans immediately. They brought all servers offline and shut them down in an orderly manner. BG&E would not allow our UPS or Backup Generator to be in operation during the repairs, to assure the safety of their technicians."

There's more. But you get the idea. (Personally I think this is dumber then dirt.)

I agree it does sound like a dumb excuse for some down time. But my dad does that stuff for a living (repairing powerlines) And he gets so mad at us IT people all the time for leaving our battery back ups on when they ask us to shut them down. He says when they connect that stuff together it is like a giant arch weld and I guess when they do it at night he says it will light up about 1/2 block radius because people didnt turn off all their lights and what not like they were asked. So anytime they are doing repairs on the lines I try to take my servers off line. Of course they arent connected to the internet either so it doesnt impact that many people.

Just my .02 and thought I would put that out there for my dad because he makes sure to bitch at me anytime he has to do offices with alot of computers or something.

KC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top