Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2003 4:26:18 PM EDT
I put my condo up for sale and said to myself, "If I get an offer, I'm goin'."

I just got an offer.  We're not in contract yet so I've still got my fingers crossed, but this very well could be it!

Now....I need a place to live in VA!!  We were looking at Fredricksburgh since it's cheaper and still driveable for interviews in either the Beltway or Richmond areas.

So I need Apartments!  Washingtonpost has a few.  If anyone sees anything for under say...$700 a month, large 1br or 2br let me know!!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

edit: Oh and I'm gonna need broadband.  Who's in the area with that?
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel a VA shoot coming on...
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#2]
BennyFranklin - If you haven't already, do a search on Apartment Finder, etc. for apartments in your price range.
Also, if you like, I can give the name of a realtor to talk to who is a friend of mine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Check with your cable company once you find an Apt to see it they offer cable internet access.

And welcome to VA!
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#4]
We're planning to be down in VA Wed, Thurs...possibly Fri of next week (30th, 1st, 2nd)

KP - I saw some online stuff thanks.  I'll have to make a few calls.  Our problem is neither of us have jobs moving in.  Chimb's mom said it's gonna be hard going with a 'company' apartment rental since they like to see income.  I'll have better luck with just a private rental.  But I'll be trying anyway.
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#5]
WOOHOO!!!

Try this one...www.fredericksburg.com/Homes/detail?list_numb=SP4471217

So when you come down, you can start shooting IDPA with us!  I just started, and it's fun as hell!
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
WOOHOO!!!

Try this one...www.fredericksburg.com/Homes/detail?list_numb=SP4471217

So when you come down, you can start shooting IDPA with us!  I just started, and it's fun as hell!

I saw the fredburgh site already, but man I never thought about looking at the homes for rent.  Didn't think they'd be like that.  That one's perfect!

Oh and I've been dying to do IDPA for a while now.  Never had time or guys I could shoot with.
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't worry there is plenty of shooting if you commute up and down 95!
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh and I've been dying to do IDPA for a while now.  Never had time or guys I could shoot with.

I've only shot one match, but man was it fun.  The people I've met there have been really nice too.
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to VA!
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad to hear you going to give it chance. I think you are going to like it here. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Welcome to Virginia!

My cable internet is through Comcast, they're a decent company in my experience.  I don't know if they're available in F-burg though.  

I'm south of Richmond, about 20 miles down I95.

Alex
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#12]
www.simplyfredericksburg.com/business/lodging/apartments.shtml

Stay away from Bragg Hill, Heritage Park, and Snowden. I live in Malvern Lakes and will recommend it, but the price is kind of high and I don't think they have any 1 bd available. But there is a background check and no section 8.

What kind of work do you do?
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#13]
101 - I'm a programmer/analyst for database apps.  My GF is getting her MPA and has a lot of non-profit work experience.

Thanks for the comments about the areas to watch out for.

Our plans are still set to go so we'll be in VA Wed & Thurs.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Welcome to Virginia!

My cable internet is through Comcast, they're a decent company in my experience.  I don't know if they're available in F-burg though.  

Alex

Did you ever get my IM ? where abouts are You I'm Hopewell.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to Virginia!

Alex

No, my IM mailbox says "IM MAIL: NONE"...  wierd.

Email me at [email protected] (remove nospam).

Alex
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to Virginia!

Alex

No, my IM mailbox says "IM MAIL: NONE"...  wierd.

Email me at [email protected] (remove nospam).

Alex

...we now return you to our regularly scheduled thread....

I'm not liking some of the online apartments I'm finding and in some cases they aren't liking me due to the tax credit housing thing.  Where are the average type places in VA to find people posting apartments for rent?  Like supermarket bulletin boards or ... what?  The Free-Lance Star doesn't have much in our price range that isn't a share situtation.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Ed DeChristopher, CRS
RE/MAX Realty Associates
105 Westwood Office Park
Fredricksburg, Virginia 22401
[email protected]
www.HomesByEd.com

Hi Benny, Ed here helped us find our Townhouse here in fredericksburg. He is a good guy. Price range may not what you were expecting though. Give him a call you have nothing to lose he may have something for you.
Tell him Nick and Maria sent you.
Good luck!

E-mail with questions
[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Update:

Got approval on an apartment.  It's in Breezewood about 7 minutes from Rt.3 in Fredericksburg.  The place looked nice....I hope it's not a crack den.

I sign the lease on June 9 and get phone/cable/internet going.  We'll probably move all our stuff sometime the week of the 15th.

I'm so damn nervous I'm about to pop.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#19]
If your still looking for a job check out this: www.dom.com/jobs/job_summary.jsp?jobID=818B6998596B7C2D85256D0F00572692
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Benny,
Lived in Breezwood for a year while our home was being built. Lovely little neighborhood. Castiglia pizza around the corner is GREAT. My wife and I live about 7-8 minutes away from you, over in Artllery ridge. Drop me a line and we will get together one weekend. I work evenings. I am home most mornings too.

Nick
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Put a post out when you get settled in, us Fredericksburgers should get together and have some sandwiches at Spanky's or something like that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm up for that. Would  be a nice way to greet Benny and meet each other.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Will do.

Right now we're packing my girlfriend's stuff from here place and moving it over here....just to move it again down to VA.  It's nuts.

I'll be down on the 9th to sign the lease and get phone/internet setup, then the house gets loaded up around the 18th.  So by the end of June, early July I'll be all set to roll.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Everything still going according to plans?

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Yup, leaving NY at like 5AM Monday so I'm there in time to do lease stuff.  Have all my utils set to start on the 9th or 10th and will be back in NY the 11th to continue packing.

Unload window is the 21st-24th right now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Where are you now?  NY?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:49:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top