Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 11:56:21 PM EDT
I got like 4 rounds out of it. My hand hurts like a son of a bitch.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]

April Fools  

Bud I did learn that you can stuff a 9mm 30 round mag full of .40 and shoot with it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
you basturd, my heart just stopped, April fools day was yesterday
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#3]

I'm told you can also stuff a 9mm mag with 9mm ammo in a .40 and kaboom it.  Or a .40 into a .45.  Or a .223 into a .222 mag (yes, it is bigger).

So are the dangers of owning multiple calibers that are too close in size.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I've personally put a .38 super through a .40, and seen firsthand a .40 go through a 45.  

No kaboom.  

Actually, the gun makes a noticeably strange (quieter) 'pop',  and there is a keyhole in the target.  Gun unharmed.  Shooter astounded.

Attention to detail.....you're only setting off a controlled(?) explosion everytime you pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've personally put a .38 super through a .40, and seen firsthand a .40 go through a 45.  

No kaboom.  

Actually, the gun makes a noticeably strange (quieter) 'pop',  and there is a keyhole in the target.  Gun unharmed.  Shooter astounded.

Attention to detail.....you're only setting off a controlled(?) explosion everytime you pull the trigger.

Yup, 9 thru a 40 won't kaboom...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
you basturd, my heart just stopped, April fools day was yesterday

When I posted it it was still on the first. But it looks like the host for AR15.com is in central or on the east coast, so they were an hour ahead when I posted.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#7]
To my knowledge you only KB guns when you put ammo that is too big for it in.  That  said I'm sure that you can hypothetically make a gun KB with too small of a round by getting it jammed all weird in the chamber but generally speaking a 9 through a 40 wont Kaboom but a 40 through a 9 probly will.  Right?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats if you can get a .40 to chamber in a 9mm.

Catastrophic failures may be caused by a variety of problems, but in general a Glock kB! is as a result of a case failure.

The case failure occurs when pressure inside the cartridge increases to the point that it cannot be
contained by the case and the material of the case fails,
allowing hot gases to escape from the ruptured case web at damagingly high velocities.

The resulting uncontained forces can blow the magazine out of the gun, emulsify the locking block,
cause the tip of the trigger to be snipped off,
ruin the trigger bar, rupture the barrel,
peel the forward edge of the slide at the ejection port up,
and do other nasty things.
In general, Glocks tend to contain case failures fairly well,
but under some circumstances they can cause injury as well as damage to one's gun.
At least one LEO has been injured in a kB!
involving a Glock 21 and a Winchester factory overcharge.

Additionally, there is some evidence of there being another cause of a kB!...
a barrel failure caused by improper metallurgy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I got like 4 rounds out of it. My hand hurts like a son of a bitch.

www.thegunzone.com/glock/images/blt21a.jpg

Yeah - these April's fools day jokes are WAY funnier on the 2nd!  No one's looking for it.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#10]
It is interesting when you examine a small case that was popped off in a larger barrel.  The back part of the brass is not deformed much but perhaps the front 2/3 is.   Before seeing this more than once firsthand, I would have thought that the brass itself offers zero support for the blast- just containment of the powder.  In fact, the case contributes a LOT to the support.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#11]
On a Side Note,, YOu can Reliably use a 9mm mag to load .40's and fire them in a Glock 23/19 frame, ofcourse using the right upper. We tried it.. it is amazing..

GS4LIF   :

(GLOCK SIDE FOR LIFE!)
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#12]
If the brass case does not seal against the chamber, the hot pressurized gases will come flying back. The slide (or action) is not designed to take that amount of pressure (the slide is designed to unlock and move back AFTER pressure has dropped, and not before). That’s one way a gun can dismantle itself all over you.

I have not read this anywhere (unless I forgot), but suspect some of the Glock .45s that went kaboom were fed a .40 Cal.  Maybe some of the .40 blew when fed a 9mm. The magazines fit fine, so why not. Often in kaboom cases they don’t show you the casing. I wonder why.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm told you can also stuff a 9mm mag with 9mm ammo in a .40 and kaboom it.  Or a .40 into a .45.  Or a .223 into a .222 mag (yes, it is bigger).

9mm will not Kaboom in a Glock .40.  I know since it happened to me.  When I came home
from a PR match, I mistakenly dropped some 9mm reloads into my .40SW ammo.  A month or
so later, I was shooting my Glock 22 and when I pulled the trigger, it felt like a .22 and the brass
was not ejected from the gun.  I cycled it and found a 9mm case that was somewhat cracked.  
The round fired and even hit the target.

Nothing like the adventures of reloading.

Spambo
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#14]

GS4LIF   :

(GLOCK SIDE FOR LIFE!)

I was wondering what that ment
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#15]
RD, I called BS at first site of the photo. If I remember right, you just got a comp Glock? You bostard joker you...

GB
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#16]
If the U.S. military would just issue Glocks instead of Beretta's, troops wouldn't need to carry HE hand grenades.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If the U.S. military would just issue Glocks instead of Beretta's, troops wouldn't need to carry HE hand grenades.

GLOCK KNOCKER!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
RD, I called BS at first site of the photo. If I remember right, you just got a comp Glock? You bostard joker you...

GB

Yep.. Mines a 3rd gen Comp 23. Shoots fuckin' great. Except I cant see the front sight after two mags with all of the dirty crap coming out of the ports.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

GS4LIF   :

(GLOCK SIDE FOR LIFE!)

I was wondering what that ment

Hah it's "Georgio and SAL's Life Insurance" Brooklyn Office..  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

9mm will not Kaboom in a Glock .40.  I know since it happened to me.  When I came home
from a PR match, I mistakenly dropped some 9mm reloads into my .40SW ammo.  A month or
so later, I was shooting my Glock 22 and when I pulled the trigger, it felt like a .22 and the brass
was not ejected from the gun.  I cycled it and found a 9mm case that was somewhat cracked.  
The round fired and even hit the target.

Nothing like the adventures of reloading.

Spambo

How do you all do this?  When I tried to chamber my 40 with 9mm it just slid right thru the barrel.  I kept thinking it was jumpin out of the port till the "DUH" factor hit me....  My gunstore guy told me the story of the exploding forty because the 9mm stuck in the barrel did not go off then followed by a 40 and kaboom...  I said no way, a bet was made and sure nuff his gun did the same thing the 9mm just slid right on thru....  Then he tried to argue that if the gun was never pointed downward it would still be in the chamber...  Right replace a mag and never point the gun down...   Anyhow I won the bet but he welched on me.....  the bastid...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GB

Yep.. Mines a 3rd gen Comp 23. Shoots fuckin' great. Except I cant see the front sight after two mags with all of the dirty crap coming out of the ports.

I never had that issue what kinda ammo you shooting +P++++ corbon
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GB

I never had that issue what kinda ammo you shooting +P++++ corbon

Just Remington UMC, dirty crap. But hey at least its not Wolf. I blasted a box of that out of my Taurus and man I hate cleaning up that primer crap that splatters everywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top