Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2005 5:48:51 PM EDT
Lesson learned, visene has an expiration date.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quick Hippynik! Hold his head underwater!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you trying to have her drown me so you can have her all to yourself?
I will haunt you.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Eye ache my ear--

No, wait--

Damn--
--thing about the Cheech and Chong movies is, I was mostly stoned when I watched them--  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You too? WTF man! I woke up with something scratching the shit out of my eye, went and found the visene but it looked really old so the Mrs. went and got me some new stuff. Not that it really helped much; if I could only keep my finger out of the damn thing Im sure it would feel better...
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#7]
PCR, were you trying to develop Laser Beam Eyes™ again?  Is THAT what happened to your eyeball?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want more Visine induced pain go to a little arc welding and get yourself a case of arc eye" AKA "welder's flash" later when you have the feeling of sand or grit in the eye apply the Visine.

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Feels about like this.

I only keep the artificial tears type of eye drops around now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

--thing about the Cheech and Chong movies is, I was mostly stoned when I watched them--  

That's OK.  They were mostly stoned when they made 'em.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you trying to have her drown me so you can have her all to yourself?

I will haunt you.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
In all my years of welding, I have never been flash burned however, I have a long list of those I have.

Flash Burn sucks ASS!

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#14]
That's certainly better than taking a ka-bar to the face.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
In all my years of welding, I have never been flash burned however, I have a long list of those I have.

One time, many years ago, 86 or 87 I guess, from a long night of welding up a full roll cage, all those damn weird angles on round tubing, and a stick welder.

I'd like to learn Tig welding.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I burnt my chest welding without a shirt once, felt like a mild sunburn. I caught my leg on fire once also. I was holding a piece that I was welding against the trailer I was welding on. Couldn't figure out why my leg kept getting hot after I had moved it away from the piece that I had been holding. I took my helmet off and voila, I figured out why it was so hot
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:09:23 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Thanks for that.

Made my night

I weld for a living, and yeah.  In the  beginning years I uh...well. Made rookie mistakes.  I used to weld in shorts and a t-shirt. Never got the slag on me or splatter on my arms, and just never thought about the flash burns as being an issue. It just didn't occur to me.  However one paticular day after welding subframes for customers I got up and my skin felt a little dry and painful so I looked in the mirror.  Half of my body was this color:

Moral of the story. If you have to weld in shorts don't get so damn close to the arc.  If you can help it. Wear all the protective gear neccessary.

-Rob
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I burnt my chest welding without a shirt once, felt like a mild sunburn. I caught my leg on fire once also. I was holding a piece that I was welding against the trailer I was welding on. Couldn't figure out why my leg kept getting hot after I had moved it away from the piece that I had been holding. I took my helmet off and voila, I figured out why it was so hot

Only once. . . . ROOKIE!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:15:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's OK.  They were mostly stoned when they made 'em.

not according to the last interview with Tommy I heard

What did you hear?  Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top