Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2005 10:43:59 AM EDT
Wow...I'm back. I coulda just stayed and lived in the mountains...but the kids might not like living in caves!!! Glacier National Park was AMAZING!!!! I recommend everyone get to it before they die. We stayed on Flathead lake, a crystal clear lake that is the largest freshwater body west of the great lakes. I wakeboarded, rode horses everyday, sailed, and pretty much drank my body weight on a daily basis!!!LOL!!!!
Kids had a great time...OOOOOO...almost forgot. I got to go shoot sporting clays twice while I was out there. A place called Big Sky Sporting Clays in Polson,MT. I am addicted. I did about  a 70% while I was there!! What a cool course. Very hard!!!!

Anyway......lets organize a shoot!!!! I have a little steel to hammer on with lead, but most of it I left with a friend in Columbia, if anyone has a source for 1/2" to 3/4" plate steel I'de be happy to drag a torch to where you are and cut us some nice targets!!!!  Outside of that I will see if I can get to a bowling alley and get some pins as well!!!!

Lets keep an eye on the weather, this damn heat is really lame when you want to dump 500 rounds down range. I'de like to only bring one gun, but I might have to bring three or four just so one is cooling while I shoot!!! HAHAH!!!

And, if anyone wants, we might just make an indoor range to shoot pistols while the heat is up. I can bring my little PM-11 to pop off a few!!!

What do you all think? Do-able? Or are we all busy!! Doesnt have to be right away (darn) but I think it would be cool to have a meet-and-shoot!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds like a good idea. Now we just need a place and time.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Name it.........I'll do my best to wrangle a contingent from Missouri.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
We can bring lawyers,guns  and money….

Sounds great I would be willing to road trip over there and cold forge some steel targets.  If you have never shot reactive targets (safely of course) it makes it hard to go back to paper!

Check out the AP rounds.

Let me know when you get a time and place.  You can’t tell me there is not a public range you can’t get a permit for?

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey METALMAN, welcome back...I'm heading to the Parma Woods range Sunday.  knightsar and another said they'd be there as well.  Sounds like a "supervised" range, but I still need to get a few pieces zeroed, so it's not a big deal.  I would like to find a spot that is a little more liberal (sounds like a bad word huh?) where you can have a little freedom for different shooting (i.e. plates, etc.)

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Gotta work on Sunday Rock, but hope you get all yer gear zeroed. I keep hearing tell of an unsupervised range somewhere near Osawatamie. But thats just a myth I think!

I'de like to hang steel and drop poppers, so a supervised range might get a little uppity about us havin so much fun!

It'd be cool if we could organize this for a monthly type gig. Once every last Saturday of the month kind of a thing!!! That way whoever shows shows.

I'll keep scouting out for steel sources.   out.............
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#6]
A monthly shoot would be good. Unfortunately most of the ranges I know of have strict rules such as how many rounds you can load and how fast you can fire in addition to what type of targets you could use.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:25:34 AM EDT
[#7]
KCBob Thats a hurdle we'll have to jump when we reach it!!! I was hoping that we might get together at the Bullet Hole for a little pistol shooting first , then as we all talk we might start to find better places, and free places, that we can blast away at.

I have a friend whoo seems to think that if we can find some state or federal land, that people normally hunt on, we could find a nice berm to blast into regularly. Its just in the finding.

Overall I am more interested in meeting shooters who want to talk, shoot, and have a few beers. Its all about developing a community.

Lets start small, then grow as we can!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#8]
what's up guys.  I live in Olathe.  I usually go to pigeon hill- up north about an hour from my house.  The range has 25yrds, 50yrds, and 100yrds range and no supervision.  Everyone uses the "good" hunter safety rules to stay safe and have fun.  Let me know when you guys are going to set up a shoot.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
what's up guys.  I live in Olathe.  I usually go to pigeon hill- up north about an hour from my house.  The range has 25yrds, 50yrds, and 100yrds range and no supervision.  Everyone uses the "good" hunter safety rules to stay safe and have fun.  Let me know when you guys are going to set up a shoot.  

Hey outofammo...could you please IM or email me the direction to pigeon hill?...I'm in Lansing, so it shouldn't be to far.  Maybe the start of something good to come...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I've heard of Pidgeon Hill....sounds great!!!! Now all we have to do is agree on a monthly 'meet' so we can all meet and shoot together!!!!!

So where exactly is it? Is it past Leavenworth?  Di-e-rections please!!!

This could be the start of somethin cool!!!!

edit:
Didn't see it listed but there is also Pigeon Hill wildlife area between St. Joseph and Faucett MO off of Highway A next to the landfill. Free of charge Unsupervised Conservation Dept.

Has 25, 50 and 100 Yards plus trap area and Archery.

As far as looking at Missourri ranges go, has anyone been out to Golden Valley in Henry county? Or Perry (R&M) Mem. C.A. in Johnson County?   They look as close as or closer to the KC area.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Metalman, I think it's the same one...I found it after a little searching.  Sounds good to me...I have to register for my Masters and I know they meet every other weekend, I should know the schedule pretty soon, and my weekends shoot be pretty much freed up.

ROCK6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top