Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 11:18:02 AM EDT
I just thought I would start this for people looking for information regarding lowers/uppers etc. or finding a dealer.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone know if there is  a differance in receivers for a mak 90 and the yugo?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if there is  a differance in receivers for a mak 90 and the yugo?

Hi sava6e,

The Yugo receivers have a bulged RPK style front trunion, whereas the MAK90's have the standard flat AKM type receiver. The Yugo receivers are also 1.6mm, while the MAK90 receivers are 1.0mm.

Although the bottom picture is not of a MAK90 receiver, it still demonstrates the difference:

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats why I love this site.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#4]
This mak90 is mine.  Hope it helps.

Steve
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thats why I love this site.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this only for 7.62x39? Or can 7.62x51 play too?

I found AKM receivers at The Gun Exchange in San Jose. They have several types of AK receivers to choose from, IIRC they were about $150.00 each.

The Gun Exchange also has MGI multi caliber lowers on order. The MGI lower uses caliber specific detachable mag wells to allow caliber changes. Kinda' pricey at $469.00+ but it is an option.

They also have Hesse/Vulcan pinned .308 lowers on order. Call for pricing and further info. When I went in there a week ago they still didn't have any in stock and were unsure as to the price. Nice guys, very willing to help. (408) 265-4867.

Sonoma Fire arms in Sacramento has stripped Hesse/Vulcan .308 lowers for $349.00. If you have been to a gun show in the bay area or the central valley you have seen these folks. They have a selection of M1A's too. Very nice people who are not hesitant to sell legal rifles to the public. (916)761-0209.

The Hesse/Vulcan lowers have had mixed reviews so far, but the problems seem to be with magazine fit of the pinned mags.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#7]
go to www.nodakspud.com they have AKM recievers for $55 shipped and Yugo's for $85 shipped.  Only thing that sucks is you have to send a money order.  I have gotten 2 from them so far, quality is second to none, and 2 more on the way.  The pictures above(compared the yugo/akm NOT mac90) are from nodakspuds web site.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
go to www.nodakspud.com they have AKM recievers for $55 shipped and Yugo's for $85 shipped.  Only thing that sucks is you have to send a money order.  I have gotten 2 from them so far, quality is second to none, and 2 more on the way.  The pictures above(compared the yugo/akm NOT mac90) are from nodakspuds web site.  

I got some Yugo receivers from them. Excellent communication with them, great customer service, and the receiver looks to be pretty good. I will find more out on that when I try to put it together in a few weeks. The only downside as mentioned above, is that you have to do a money order. But the price on their receiver more than makes up for it. And they seem like great people to work with, who will answer all your questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top