Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2011 1:41:16 PM EDT
Rachel Maddow is upset so you know Gov. Snyder is doing the right thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53BkWfyb9n0

I think if a City is being run into the ground and sucking State tax dollars it should be cut off, declared in emergency status, and brough to good fiscal health.  If it takes a private company to help put a city back on track then so be it.

I fully support Governor Snyder he is doing some great things like pushing to privatize prisons and slash the waste.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2011 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Rachel Maddow is upset so you know Gov. Snyder is doing the right thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53BkWfyb9n0

I think if a City is being run into the ground and sucking State tax dollars it should be cut off, declared in emergency status, and brough to good fiscal health.  If it takes a private company to help put a city back on track then so be it.

I fully support Governor Snyder he is doing some great things like pushing to privatize prisons and slash the waste.  

Funny how she has no problem with Obama's czars having the same kind of power though.

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:34:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Why do I care what he thinks?
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#3]
It does seem like a grab for power...I am not sure if i agree with it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't think I can agree with the way Detroit's been run for longer than I've been alive.

Right now drastic change not orchestrated by anyone in a position of power in Detroit sounds like a great idea to me.

I mean there is no way to actually make Detroit any worse.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think I can agree with the way Detroit's been run for longer than I've been alive.

Right now drastic change not orchestrated by anyone in a position of power in Detroit sounds like a great idea to me.

I mean there is no way to actually make Detroit any worse.
I agree.   Lets take some power away from Detroit they have been abusing for WAY TOO LONG!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]

An incorporated city like Detroit receives its charter from the State. It is the City's status as an incorporated municipality that allows it have elected officials instead of administrators. If it's not incorporated then it has administrators typically granted power by State statute.

Detroit, Flint, and other cities that are a drain on State tax dollars should have their charters revoked until they can be put in good order and prove capable of governing themselves without harming the State. Remember the United States of America is a Republic not a one person/one vote democracy. We have long held proportional representation over mob rule and Detroit has disproportional impact on our State's economic health. It's not right for the entire State to suffer, because of mismanagement and corruption of cities like Detroit. The citizens of Detroit still have their elected officials in the State House and Senate. If they can put their fiscal house in order they'll be able to maintain their charters.

As far as corporations administering a city I think it's fine to have a private company do it if they can do it more efficiently and cheaply then establishing a State run office. I also think it would make sense to contract with a private corporation to administer a city when your goal is to return it to an incorporated city, because you can do so on fixed time contracts without hiring State workers with pensions and legacy costs.

It's also critical that we re-negotiate some of the salaries of city workers particularly those with iron clad union contracts formed primarily though undue politicial influence thanks to campaign donations.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:05:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Tell RACHEL MADDOW to move to DETROIT and see how she likes the way it is run...
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Tell RACHEL MADDOW to move to DETROIT and see how she likes the way it is run...

Under Rachel Maddow's logic the "Duke of New York" was "A" number one, because he was a local official.

Detroit residents literally don't have a clue what is best for their city and they're hurting all of Michigan.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone else have like a shit load of friends on facebook post that same video and bitch about it? I realize they're liberals and their heads are far up their asses, but do they not realize who they have kept in our governors office for the last decade and the impact she had on our state?? Why the fuck are they bitching now?

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone else have like a shit load of friends on facebook post that same video and bitch about it? I realize they're liberals and their heads are far up their asses, but do they not realize who they have kept in our governors office for the last decade and the impact she had on our state?? Why the fuck are they bitching now?

hahahaha... YES
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hahahaha... YES

Same here unfortunately...

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like you guys need to thin the herd a little.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top