Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 8:46:28 AM EDT

Anyone do any nutria hunting on a regular basis? This is something I would love to do but have never had the opportunity.

I've got a new rig almost complete and would love to test it out

Anyone?

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:34:02 AM EDT
Use to when I was younger, its a lot of fun with 10/22, you could start at the Walmart down in Houma they have a couple of families of'em living behind it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:44:35 AM EDT
Wildlife and Fisheries pays 4 bucks a tail.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:52:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By iluvGRITS:
Wildlife and Fisheries pays 4 bucks a tail.

I really think this is an urban legend actually.

I almost smoked one the other day.. He got close and i realized his tail was about 12" wide and about 2 foot long! damn beavers...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:06:41 PM EDT

I really think this is an urban legend actually.

Not at all.On their web site is the steps you need to take, and who you need to bring them to.You cant just show up with a bag full of tails and get a check.I look for the link and post it for you if your intersted.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:09:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2005 4:23:18 PM EDT by iluvGRITS]
Heres one from where im from New Iberia Louisiana

espn.go.com/outdoors/conservation/news/2003/0401/1532483.html
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:58:29 PM EDT
in the late sixties-early seventies, they would have huge nutria hunts in south alabama.  the team that shot/clubbed/stabbed the most won.  my dad has a lot of old photos of these things; looked like redneck paradise.  eventually, the animal cruelty folks shut them down and now the nutrias run wild
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:02:42 PM EDT
I was watching 'Insomniac" Dave Attell on Comedy Central.  He went out with some Game and Fisheries officers (or police officers) at night and they were spotlighting them and shooting them with suppressed 10/22s, it looked fun.  They were somewhere in La. or FL.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:34:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gotm4:
I was watching 'Insomniac" Dave Attell on Comedy Central.  He went out with some Game and Fisheries officers (or police officers) at night and they were spotlighting them and shooting them with suppressed 10/22s, it looked fun.  They were somewhere in La. or FL.

Roger.

They were actually in New Orleans.

Huge canals run through the  north part of the city. These canals are crawling with all kinds of critters....
Top Top