Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 3:20:50 PM EDT
One more week and I can hardly wait.  The mighty Horned Frogs are about to be ran over
by the Sooner train. (I know, TCU isn't the biggest challenge in the world, LOL)  Anyway, I
like the fact we are underdogs this year.  Reminds me of the 2000 season.  Thompson will
start and Bomar will finish.  AD = 2000+ yards rushing and add a few hundred yards
receiving for him this year as well.  Leinhart will probably still get the Heisman nod however.

BOOMER SOONER!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I did a little photoediting in another thread in the GD...check it out

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=383999
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Please.  Get off the band wagon like everyone else.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Please.  Get off the band wagon like everyone else.

Been an OU fan for 34 years through thick and thin.  No band wagon fan here.  Sorry to disappoint you.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#4]
By the way.  For all who don't know.  Being a Sooner fan is like BDR.  You get hooked and can't get enough of it.  The best part of this week was when my 6 year old son was telling me he couldn't wait until this Saturday so he could OU football with me.  He loves AR15's and OU Football, my job is done.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]

He loves AR15's and OU Football

The boy is obviously a genius!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

He loves AR15's and OU Football

The boy is obviously a genius!

My thoughts exactly, however I'm biased
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
By the way.  For all who don't know.  Being a Sooner fan is like BDR.  You get hooked and can't get enough of it.  The best part of this week was when my 6 year old son was telling me he couldn't wait until this Saturday so he could OU football with me.  He loves AR15's and OU Football, my job is done.

You sound like a very good father. Keep up the good work. hehe
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#8]
no title now that the horn'd frogs spanked their asses yestarday, I'm predicting a 7-4 season, unless the offense can pick it up and do much better.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully this will be the start of a trend this year.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You know up to now I liked you, Ar's, Old racing Ponitac's..Damn what a disapointment. Your are probably a poke fan or omg a Texas fan.......
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know up to now I liked you, Ar's, Old racing Ponitac's..Damn what a disapointment. Your are probably a poke fan or omg a Texas fan.......

I'm sorry. It's true. I am a transplant from down south.

Maybe OU should go back to opening the season with North Texas. TCU doesn't seem to work out too well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:45:33 AM EDT
[#12]
OUCH!  Man my beloved Sooners got spanked by a frog.  Honestly, TCU has a decent program and I was nervous going in.  Well everyone kept warning me it was a rebuilding season and I didn't believe them until now.  I personally feel that Chuck Long and Brent Venables are pricks that don't know what they are doing.  Talent has masked their inadequacies as coordinators/coaches up to this point.  I will always love my Sooners and I can support them through rebuilding.  I'm really looking forward to the Tulsa game as I hope they get things going.  We need to gain momentum before going to UCLA.  If we can win both those games we should fare well the rest of the season.  If we lose either one, well...it's going to be a long year.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#14]

I work on the OU campus and it really struck me funny that not a single person mentioned the game today.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I was shocked to see Norman a ghost town Saturday afternoon. Never in my 4+ years of going to OU/living in Norman have I seen it so deserted on a football Saturday. Odd. The game sucked. Oh well.

fanoblack
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Can't winnem all.......this is a rebuilding year for OU not a reloading year. It'll be interesting to see how they come out and play against Tulsa. And I haven't jumped on any wagons lately....or off for that matter. I've been a tried and true OU fan for as long as I can remember. I still don't like Miami from back in the 80's when they beat us in the Orange Bowl. I was even a fan in the dark ages of OU football.....the 90's. I'm a fan now as well. I hope they get thier act together now that TCU came to our house and slapped us in the face.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top