Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 9:31:42 AM EDT
Do we know who the *official* slate for governor is?

As far as I know:

Topinka
Oberweis
Gidwitz
Brady

Is this official?  Who do you like? Is Blago even running?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is Blago even running?

Blago is calling it quits. He feels badly for being the corrupt hand-puppet of King Dick.

Before he leaves office he's going to abolish the State Income Tax, exile King Dick to Canada and sign an Executive Order legalizing concealed carry and class 3 weapons.

ckmorley
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is Blago even running?

Blago is calling it quits. He feels badly for being the corrupt hand-puppet of King Dick.

Before he leaves office he's going to abolish the State Income Tax, exile King Dick to Canada and sign an Executive Order legalizing concealed carry and class 3 weapons.

ckmorley

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is Blago even running?

ckmorley

In a perfect world...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes..........he's running. But gossip up here on Grand Ave says he's not gonna get a lot of support from Da Guys........

ckmorley
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Keep drinkin that koolade ck.....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes..........he's running. But gossip up here on Grand Ave says he's not gonna get a lot of support from Da Guys........

ckmorley

Why am I not surprised? Daley and his band of minions are probably figuring out Blago's tricks and they won't support him.  Dick Mell will probably won't let the aldermen support him since what happened with some landfill deal that he got pissed about.  It's one of those things where he's a candidate that even the Democrats hate.  

So Blago IS running but is Oberweis still running?  Because I'm not too crazy about voting for Gidwitz and it'll be a cold day before I vote for Topinka.  

BTW-My dad thinks she'll get in...I try telling him she's a RINO but to each their own I guess.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:48:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Deej,

EVERYONE is running. That's the whole point of the Primaries.

Blago's gonna get hammered in the Dem primary because he's p!ssed off too many of Da Guys who put him in power. He'll still be the Dem candidate however, because to dump their own incumbant wll make the Dems look weak and fragmented. Blago will have to "buy" his way back into Daley and Mell's good graces by adopting a 100% Chicago platform. This will hurt him downstate.

Judy Barr-Topinka WILL be the GOP candidate, but hopefully she will have to support slightly more conservative values if Oberweis, etc make good showings in the GOP primary, in order to attract more conservative Republicans to her cause. Topinka's running mate, Joe Birkett is a stand-up guy and is  pro-CCW and we'd have a good ally in Springfield if they won.

Barr-Topinka, IMHO, is just another stuck-up, hyphenated last name, soccer-mommy, feel good RINO....... but I'll hold my nose andc vote for her over Blag The Impaler anyday.

ckmorley
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:01:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree that Barr-Topinka will most likely get the nod for the rep. candidate.  I would love to see Oberweis get it over her, but I am afraid that too many people are afraid to vote for him because of his lack of political experience.  Which IMO is exactly what we need.  We need someone who has not been completely influenced by the  political machine.  I also believe he is a strong 2nd ammendment supporter.  

Birkett is the bright spot for Barr-Topinka.  I believe having either him in there or if Oberweis could get the nod, we could maybe see some positive movement in the CCW department.  As an LEO, I fully support CCW, and it has been proven time and time again that crimes are lowered when the RKBA is enacted and protected.  

My .02
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:04:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is Blago even running?

ckmorley

That's no laughing matter!  I can't imagine how broke I'd be!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:38:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I personally don't trust  Topinka - too many ties to the old GOP in this state.   I'd like to see someone run who is new to the party (but lives in this state - has anybody figured out what the IL-GOP was thinking with Keys?) but seriously doubt that will happen.

I think in the primary, my vote is going to Joe Birkett - I've always liked him and as a SA, he's been good on keeping the criminal element in line.

In the end, regardless of who makes it onto the ticket, I'll vote GOP - that idiot in Springfield has to go.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top