Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2011 3:32:10 PM EDT
So I just put a Kahr CM9 on layaway, and I will be putting my CCW application in soon.  I have the money, so should I wait until after I get the license or go ahead and pick it up now?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:16:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JustSomeDude:
So I just put a Kahr CM9 on layaway, and I will be putting my CCW application in soon.  I have the money, so should I wait until after I get the license or go ahead and pick it up now?

why wait, get it and start looking at holsters, ammo, get to the range and get familar with it, then when your CPL comes through you are good to go immediately.

J-
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:09:56 PM EDT
get it and start going to the range
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:24:42 PM EDT
Yeah, I don't really think I could wait until then.  It just bugs me to have to do the gun registration, errr "safety check"
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:46:39 PM EDT
Well, you'll be registering it either way, and safety inspections are no longer done.

The difference is you'll have to obtain a pistol purchase permit without the CPL.  There is no fee for the permit, but it needs to be notarized which they will offer for $5. Either way, you'll have to complete the state and federal forms.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:41:16 AM EDT
Well, the idea of having the gun broken in and holster worked out, etc makes a lot of sense to me, so I picked up the purchase permit yesterday and hope to have time to pick up the pistol this afternoon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:13:45 AM EDT
arfcom requires pics of said Kahr ASAP!

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:47:01 PM EDT
Here is my pistol.  There are many others like it, but this one is mine

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:44:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jjc155:

why wait, get it and start looking at holsters, ammo, get to the range and get familar with it, then when your CPL comes through you are good to go immediately.

J-

+ 1 on this part.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:45:48 PM EDT

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr289/HeyGuysWatchThis/DSCF1048.jpg

really nice looking.....i like it, sooooo how's it shoot...
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:14:03 AM EDT
Nicely done
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:43:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By fmjron:

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr289/HeyGuysWatchThis/DSCF1048.jpg

really nice looking.....i like it, sooooo how's it shoot...

you pull the trigger like all guns
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:04:29 PM EDT
Range report: 100 rounds, no failures that I blame the gun for.  There were a few times that I didn't let the trigger reset, so I didn't even get a click.  There were also a couple of times I didn't get the top round seated, so it hung up on the bottom of the feed ramp.  Accuracy was good, better than the shooter, and totally acceptable for defensive purposes.  I'm sure my accuracy will improve with experience.  All in all, I'm totally happy with it.
Top Top