Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2009 4:05:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel so much safer.  You know these units will never be misused against its' citizens.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Show me your papers
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I work with ILEAS on almost a daily basis (main office) all of these guys are just normal officers that can be called up.  I've been on the receiving end of the an ILEAS call up when the SHTF (nightclub riot) and it is one of the best thing to get.  It's something that has been around for a long time, now with better toys.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Shoot from the hip descriptions of our law enforcement people as "storm troopers" can have serious consequence!!  

When Wayne LaPierre called some feds the very same term, President George H.W. Bush resigned from his NRA Life Membership, which IMHO significantly reduced the pro-gun lobbying efforts in Congress.

If I recall events correctly,  I believe that denouncement of all hard-working federal cops caused Bush to sign the early assault weapon importation ban laws.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:23:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I feel so much safer.  You know these units will never be misused against its' citizens.

They are no more likely to be misused then existing police.

Cops have had formal and informal mutual aid agreements as long as there have been cops. That does not worry me a whole lot.

The troubling part is that the feds control it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Shoot from the hip descriptions of our law enforcement people as "storm troopers" can have serious consequence!!  

When Wayne LaPierre called some feds the very same term, President George H.W. Bush resigned from his NRA Life Membership, which IMHO significantly reduced the pro-gun lobbying efforts in Congress.

If I recall events correctly,  I believe that denouncement of all hard-working federal cops caused Bush to sign the early assault weapon importation ban laws.

IIRC, the denouncement was well earned, and was pointed at those that had earned it.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Storm Troopers!    They are just cops from a lot of different agencies with some toys.  I was at Elgin and C-ville when the Minute Men where there.  It was all show, and no go.  I would use caution as to who your calling a Storm Trooper.  Your really are not in touch with reality if you didn't think critical medical supplies would be heavily guarded in a medical based emergency.  Didn't you watch I am Legend?  

Bucky145
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Storm Troopers!    They are just cops from a lot of different agencies with some toys.  I was at Elgin and C-ville when the Minute Men where there.  It was all show, and no go.  I would use caution as to who your calling a Storm Trooper.  Your really are not in touch with reality if you didn't think critical medical supplies would be heavily guarded in a medical based emergency.  Didn't you watch I am Legend?  

Bucky145

I doubt nobody here knows how well guarded the state and federal medical stockpiles are protected, even more so when being moved.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Ok, I am done stirring the pot.

Trolling, who me? Never!

I just didn't like the way they seemed to be portrayed in the article. The pic made them look like "Jack-Booted-Thugs", I'm sure it's nothing more than media hype.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#11]
There are not enough cops to stop the scenario they are practicing for...not evan close.  

Just saying.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
There are not enough cops to stop the scenario they are practicing for...not evan close.

Just saying.

In such a hypothetical scenario it depends on who's storming the hospital, doesn't it?

Most of the anti-gun sheeple? Bleat bleat and run away.

ARFCOM? Now that'd be a challenge.

Yeah, but a stampede of a 100,000 sheep is still a stampede.  \lol

And with themselves, and/or loved ones at risk, those very same sheep, wont be sheep anymore.

eta = spelling

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Whoever thought of this must be watching too much TV.

Another solution in search of a problem.

I say this is a redundancy of existing mutual aid arrangements among proximal agencies.

Or somenone's excuse to buy more toys?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
And with themselves, and/or loved ones at risk, those very same sheep, wont be sheep anymore.

Oh they will still be sheep, they will just have a different herder.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just saying.

In such a hypothetical scenario it depends on who's storming the hospital, doesn't it?

eta = spelling

Grandpa, who spent a few years on the German front, always used to say:

"The riot will end when the people in the back have to step over the bodies of the people who WERE in the front."

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:21:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would not be one bit surpised if that is not a big part of it.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just saying.

eta = spelling

Grandpa, who spent a few years on the German front, always used to say:

"The riot will end when the people in the back have to step over the bodies of the people who WERE in the front."

Pandemic zombie riots cant be stopped. Known fact. All Po Po get zombiefied first,  

And dont forget the Feds, and local's all trained for a Katrina like scenario, and we know how well that turned out

eta = cant psell
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#19]
They have an ILEAS training center here in Urbana at the old nursing home.

They've got some nice toys there and train regionally.

If their training for their missions are anything like civilian training for personal defense, then I say "have at it, fellas".

John
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Actually you're close.  They are showing what the grant monies have done for the state.  Like in the above posts, they have some very nice toys that can be used to help towns that neither have the personnel or money.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#22]
What needs to be understood is that the vast majority of police officers love this country and it's traditional values. This is not an organization to fear. These are the guys that will be the responders to the most heinous of all situations. Law and order does not equal facism. There is no such thing as total liberty meaning a psycho does not have the right to take a grade school hostage, but if he does take it hostage, these will be the guys sent to deal with it and I am glad they are there.

Do police abuses exist? Sure. Is it the majority of officers committing them? No way.

Cut these guys some slack and get to know some Cops, most are cool guys that love the same stuff we do. For the pay and the treatment they receive from many of the public at large, it is a wonder any of them want the job at all, but thank god they do.

I know many cops and FF's. It is not easy work.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually you're close.  They are showing what the grant monies have done for the state.  Like in the above posts, they have some very nice toys that can be used to help towns that neither have the personnel or money.

And what's wrong with that? I love it when my boss buys me new trucks and equipment to work with. I have no problem with the law being armed to the teeth.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Nothing whatsoever, I have to do it several times a year.  It's nice to show that while there is a lot of crappy things in the state it is nice to know that we are the model for other state and federal agencies in many facets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top