Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/8/2010 7:39:53 AM EDT
Hey guys, my AK purchases are complete, looking to move onto AR's. But I'd love to have at least one nice AR build, consisting of BCM or Noveske upper with evil features. I'm still a noob, so take it easy on me.

Is there any preban lower, that might fit better with either of these uppers? Is this something I can do on my own as a noob, or am I better off sending it to Noveske or BCM and have them do the build? Would they do it?

I just want a bad ass upper and looking for the best way to go about, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:43:00 AM EDT
stay away from Oly lowers. PWA, Bushy, or Colts are good to go with most uppers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:37:01 AM EDT
my preban bushmaster fits perfect to a vltor vis upper.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:37:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mozey845:
Is this something I can do on my own as a noob, or am I better off sending it to Noveske or BCM and have them do the build? Would they do it?

BCM FTW! I love BCM's gear and customer service. I highly recommend them.

Last I knew, they were pretty busy and don't do "builds" anyway. But once you have your lower, just order a complete upper and BCG from BCM and slap it onto your upper.

Assembling a lower (if you happen to get a stripped pre-ban) is super easy. There's a link to a video in the "Build it yourself" section, in one of the stickies, that walks you through it, step-by-step. Couldn't be easier.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:53:21 PM EDT
Great. Thanks for the replies as usual everyone. From what I've read I don't think I can't go wrong with either BCM or Noveske, was more looking as to which, would be the best fit. I read stories about people having to file this and that, sending their gun away for 2-4 weeks to get stuff finished up or fixed and don't want to go through all that if it can be avoided. Looks like problem solved with the Vltor MUR, then I just had barrel components of choice. Sounds too good to be true, but I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Finding a lower maybe the too good to be true part!

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:12:28 PM EDT
Stay with quality manufacturers and they will fit fine as all are mil-spec. As stated before Colt, Bushy and PWA.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:26:02 PM EDT

Finding a lower maybe the too good to be true part!

not too good to be true!

I'll sell you my rifle for $4k

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:44:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:45:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 762DM:
Stay with quality manufacturers and they will fit fine as all are mil-spec. As stated before Colt, Bushy and PWA.

this

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:55:04 AM EDT
Thanks again...

I'll just have to keep my eye out. Beggers can't be choosey, so I may have to end up taking whatever I can get. I wonder if it would be worth it to just by a completed preban colt or something like that and strip it down. The prices on pre-bans are coming down to where i'll just eat the difference, I may not have other choice but do this, we'll see.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:52:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PattyOSullivan:
stay away from Oly lowers. PWA, Bushy, or Colts are good to go with most uppers.

This, though having said that I lucked out and I have an Oly preban lower that is GTG.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:53:28 AM EDT
Hey guys, my AK purchases are complete, looking to move onto AR's. But I'd love to have at least one nice AR build, consisting of BCM or Noveske upper with evil features. I'm still a noob, so take it easy on me.

Is there any preban lower, that might fit better with either of these uppers? Is this something I can do on my own as a noob, or am I better off sending it to Noveske or BCM and have them do the build? Would they do it?

I had an upper put together by Denny at Global Tactical and he did a great job. Denny is a hell of a nice guy and will be happy to discuss your build and answer any questions that you may have.

http://global-tactical.com/
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:46:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BushBoar:

I had an upper put together by Denny at Global Tactical and he did a great job. Denny is a hell of a nice guy and will be happy to discuss your build and answer any questions that you may have.

http://global-tactical.com/

Thanks will keep them in mind.

Top Top