BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 4:29:38 PM EDT
....THAT rock!

Good times today at the Cap Forrest

Hippy got wounded by a FAL
Koter got to shoot a FAL with Hippy blood on it
Christmas Tree Stands make good targets
We should have a new member soon (Bumpfiring always gets 'em)
DDofWA has a pretty cool AR Pistol
They have HUGE pancakes at the Rusty Tractor

Nobody got lost.
Militia!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Nobody got lost huh?  Kooter still isn't home....
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

OH, wait...somebody did get lost, but I'll let hm tell it.

As for Koter, he said something about taking Scout for a nap.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OH, wait...somebody did get lost, but I'll let hm tell it.

As for Koter, he said something about taking Scout for a nap.

I don't think it's Scout this time around...

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, only a little lost. And we had a lot of fun when we came at the C Line road the wrong way and got stuck in a nice mud wallow-- my truck looks like it's been having wet dreams of becoming a Jeep-- but we missed the Buick-sized rock that was gunning for my oil pan, and got back on track pretty quick.

I was delighted to find that the SEAK runs like a top, and that a) the new M4gery runs like a top and b) my new old Eotech came pre-zeroed. Nice to know I can still build something that goes BANG when the trigger is pulled. My deepest thanks to those folks who helped me break in the SEAK. )(That was the short AK.) Next time out, we bumpfire it.

I'm still stuffed from that chicken-fried steak--
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
It was a blast for sure.

As for Koter, Carbine mo had another flat tire, yes 2 today, Tumbleweed loaned him his spare, and Koter was going to  hang with them till they got one of CM's tires fixt.

Thanks to Ductapeman for letting me blast away with his new baster.

My little brother had a blast, bumpfiring and Tanerite give him woodies.

Hippy talked to me. But I had to bribe her with smoked stealhead.

It was a great day and the weather held out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It was a blast for sure.

As for Koter, Carbine mo had another flat tire, yes 2 today, Tumbleweed loaned him his spare, and Koter was going to  hang with them till they got one of CM's tires fixt.

Carbine MO and Kooter are at the Lacey Sears getting his tires plugged as Tumbleweeds didn't work.  Then Kooter is running Carbine back out to the pit and then going to follow him out to make sure they get out
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#8]
It was a great turn out most everyone that said the woiuld be there showed up.

Some of the crew.

My little brother and I after 2 shots of woody inducing Tannerite.

FALgal with HER FAL, making spent cases.

The dreaded second flat.

I offered to go get a tire from a friend that lives outside of Elma, but if Tumbles tire wouldn't work my friends wouldn't work either.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#9]
nm
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#10]
For the short time we were there we had a good time. We needed to make it back so david cold show his mom the new toy at the toy store he wants, and she OKed it. We will post pictures next week after we pick it up. And most of all I needed a good 25 minute nap.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was a blast for sure.

Carbine MO and Kooter are at the Lacey Sears getting his tires plugged as Tumbleweeds didn't work.  Then Kooter is running Carbine back out to the pit and then going to follow him out to make sure they get out

Well, we made it home  My spare was half flat. They could have made it out except that load grinding noise on the front caliper meant something wasn't quite right
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like fun guys,

Was it as windy down there as it was up here?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#13]
It's good to be home.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#14]
After realizing the rim offset is different on Tumbleweeds tire(rim was locked against the brake caliper). CM and I ran into Elma to find a service station. No luck. We dicked around town for a little bit trying to find some fix a flat and a working air compressor. Finally found both, but it turns out they weren't little punctures, they were gashes. The ONLY place open on a sunday after 4:30 that fixes tires in western washington is Sears in Lacey. So off we went to Lacey. Both tires were not fixable. So CM is now the owner of 2 brand shiny new tires.

Then it was back out to Elma. Branch had everything ready to go once we showed back up. They threw the tire on and we were off. I'm tired!! and I only had to drive
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Looks like fun guys,

Was it as windy down there as it was up here?

nah man... It sprinkled a couple times but always died down pretty quick.  Heck, the sun was out for quite a while too  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Well---I made it.  

Yes, it's true. One flat on the uphill -- discovered when I got to the pit--I have to admit that is the first time I have changed a flat wearing hearing protectors.

2nd flat on the downhill.  We were almost out of the woods (so that'd where that expression comes from!)  when I stopped --thinking that the spare on the left rear didn't feel right.   Big when I found it to be fine,  Then I got the bright idea, to look forward--.  Front left was now flat--unbelievable.

Both turned out to be pretty big jagged cuts in the center groove.  Looks like the same rock made both holes!!  

Thanks to all who helped!!!

Kooter--for having the foresight to give me his cell number 3 hours earlier in case I had trouble on the way out (JINX!!)--and then for coming back and chauffering me all over Western Washington.

MsKooter (and possibly others on the other end of phone) for real time intel on all the closed tire places and the one open one.

Tumbleweed and Gibby for stopping --when they could have easily done a drive-by-photo-shooting/pic-posting, and Tumbleweed for loaning me his spare

DDClanofWA for intel, offers and advice.  DD--you could have tannerited that tire after all--it sure didn't do me much good

Les Schwab of Elma, for being open 6 days a week in case I need him then.

My buddy Branch (rookie attendee) for helping change 3 tires and for guarding the truck during the tire hunt.  Let's take your truck next time, eh!

and, of course, Scout, for licking my left ear..,,,whenever it suited him.
Navy SEAL saying:  "Two is one; one is none."  
They knew what they were talking about.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#17]
So I have 2 flats today at Cap Forest, and one last year at LCR----two more and I'm an ace!!!

Kooters buddy also called in AWOL today with a flat on the way in.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#18]
The kids and I had a really good time today. It was nice to see all of you. Tweak and I have had several flat tires over the years of stomping around that forrest. Toss up between parts falling off the logging equipment and the tree huggers planting stuff in the roadways and the weyrhouser 'pea' gravel.  Stopped by Valkyrie Arms on the way home and they took me to the Outback for so much food I hurt. BTW, PCR, She who builds them says you CAN bumpfire a 1919.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:26:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
BTW, PCR, She who builds them says you CAN bumpfire a 1919.

[Mr Burns]Excellent[/Mr Burns]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:27:34 AM EDT
[#20]
OOH I forgot to mention the rep from our US Army trying to fire a bolt action like a semi.  Nice flinch!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:59:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
OOH I forgot to mention the rep from our US Army trying to fire a bolt action like a semi.  Nice flinch!

Shaddup

So I don't shoot bolt guns often enough.  I know, I know ... I guess I have to start shooting them more
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shaddup

So I don't shoot bolt guns often enough.  I know, I know ... I guess I have to start shooting them more

I know where you can pick up a mosin for under 100 bucks (not mine)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shaddup

mine aint for sale!

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shaddup

mine aint for sale!

Not YOU either (I know of a retail location)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Does it start with a M and end with a Y?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
So I have 2 flats today at Cap Forest, and one last year at LCR----two more and I'm an ace!!!

And each time you had a flat I was following you. Coincidence? I think not.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
And each time you had a flat I was following you. Coincidence? I think not.

Now, if I        had been following you all 3 times...then I would be suspicious!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top