Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/19/2012 7:46:01 PM EST
So this may have been mentioned already but...

My wife and I went out this past weekend to the Majestic theater in Waukesha to see a movie. I noticed they were not posted. Thought they were. Perhaps the theater shooting had something to do with the change??

We also went to The Chocolate Factory in Oconomowoc and the Walmart in Hartford, Bakers Square in Elm Grove and the Ace Hardware also in Elm Grove. None of which were posted.

Thought I would share.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:52:56 PM EST
IIRC, AMC theaters are posted, Marcus theaters are not.
However, someone on the WCI facebook page reported a Marcus theater being posted. There's some confusion about this though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:22:54 PM EST
How was Breaking Dawn?

In your opinion, did it bring closure to the trilogy?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:55:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By JakeThePimp:
How was Breaking Dawn?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:54:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By JakeThePimp:
How was Breaking Dawn?

Wife doesnt like going to movies alone. So yes this what we saw. I get special favors from going. I am not a fan of the series. I have only seen the last 2 and bits and pieces of others. I know it was retorical but it did bring closure as far as i know. This one was far less fru fru crap and more battle with heads popping off everywhere. I thought it was good.

I like the true blood series far better. Blood gore and plenty of full frontal t and p.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:20:32 AM EST
Marcus theaters were posted when it first started, they took the signs down at some point. The Showtime theater in Franklin was not posted, was bought by Marcus and posted, then at some point the signs were removed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:42:52 AM EST
I think the last movie theater i went to was in Biloxi, MS. Pre-katrina. They sold beer by the bucket. lol...

Most of the theaters around here have been posted. I usually avoid them anyway.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:45:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bill2k1:
Marcus theaters were posted when it first started, they took the signs down at some point. The Showtime theater in Franklin was not posted, was bought by Marcus and posted, then at some point the signs were removed.

When I lived in Waterford, that was where my wife and I would go, and saw the same thing after it was bought. We went to the Majestic recently to see the new Bond movie, and I had no issues.

The guy that tried to go around a delivery truck and tore his rear bumper off at the front of the theatre, he had issues that night
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:18:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By NAM:
I think the last movie theater i went to was in Biloxi, MS. Pre-katrina. They sold beer by the bucket. lol...

Just out of curiosity. Was it the the theater that was set up like a Comedy club? IE lots of small tables and chairs, with waitstaff. Decent menu if spendy with a bar in the theater proper? I don't recall the name of it any more but it was Riot when I was there for Tech.
They had an fantastic Auction for Rocky Horror.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:17:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By Darkhors5:

Just out of curiosity. Was it the the theater that was set up like a Comedy club? IE lots of small tables and chairs, with waitstaff. Decent menu if spendy with a bar in the theater proper? I don't recall the name of it any more but it was Riot when I was there for Tech.

Yep.....bunch of tables and chairs, few couches. Floor that felt like it was covered in 6 layers of DNA and stale beer. Out by the mall. I went back down for 7 level a few months after Katrina....all that was left was the I beams of the frame. The rest was gone, naurally. (i have pics somewhere)
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:13:01 AM EST
I admit I've stopped looking for those signs. Was at East Towne mall in Madison last Saturday with the family. Christmas season's picking up and it was busy as hell. We were eating in the crowded food court and all I could think about is the next James Holmes would have a field day shooting fish in a barrel here.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:53:32 PM EST
Originally Posted By Darkhors5:

Yep.....bunch of tables and chairs, few couches. Floor that felt like it was covered in 6 layers of DNA and stale beer. Out by the mall. I went back down for 7 level a few months after Katrina....all that was left was the I beams of the frame. The rest was gone, naurally. (i have pics somewhere)

That was it! That place was fun. As close as it was to the beach it doesn't surprise me. Thank you for the 411.
Top Top