Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:57:29 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

After some recent disheartening events, I realize I need to find a home church here.

I grew up in a pentecostal/Assembly of God church. I'd like to stick with what I'm familar with.

Can anyone recommend a good church of this kind in the NoVa area, and perhaps one with a sizable 24-30 year old group?

Any help on this front is much appreciated by me. I am going through a really difficult time right now and this would help me out so much.

~Melissa
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:24:57 PM EDT
Well, I can't offer any suggestions on the church front, but I hope everything works out for you.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:26:24 PM EDT
I'm afraid I can't help you with a Pentecotal church, but if you need help with anything don't forget that you're already a member of the NoVA Arfcom congregation...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:43:47 AM EDT
Hey Melissa,
You're welcome to check out our church in Reston - called Reston bible Church www.restonbible.org. It is not AG but maybe it will work for you. We also have a 20's-30's group that is very active - called "7-24". Their tuesday night gatherings are easily 60 +. They are run by an incredilbe group of guys and gals - great band, awesome worship etc

This plug is even more biased because of recent personal events for me . Begining next week - i am transitioning from a 20+year career in interior architecture and design and taking over as Director of Children's Ministries in RBC and could use another volunteer (just kidding) for the almost 500 (elementary age and below) kids i am in charge of on any given weekend!!

Anyways, check us out.. There are plenty of Bible believing churches in the area, AG or otherwise, so the important thing is to get plugged in.

If you have any questions, IM or email me. I would be happy to have someone at 7-24 chat with you as well...

dd
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:15:48 PM EDT
Northern VA is a big place when you're talking about finding a church. Where are you specifically? My wife is Pentacostal (she's from Mississippi), and there's not a big Pentacostal presence here that we've seen. We call McLean Bible Church our home. It's just west of Tyson's Corner on Rte 7 if you're interested. Good luck in your search.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:40:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kcobean:
Northern VA is a big place when you're talking about finding a church. Where are you specifically? My wife is Pentacostal (she's from Mississippi), and there's not a big Pentacostal presence here that we've seen. We call McLean Bible Church our home. It's just west of Tyson's Corner on Rte 7 if you're interested. Good luck in your search.

I visited there this morning! I attended the 10:45 am service. Perhaps next time, I'll attend the Frontline service on Sunday evening. I didn't stay to mingle. I am not having a good weekend.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:51:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bellona:

I visited there this morning! I attended the 10:45 am service. Perhaps next time, I'll attend the Frontline service on Sunday evening. I didn't stay to mingle. I am not having a good weekend.

Sorry you're not having a good weekend. Glad you came to a service though. My wife and I attend the 9:00 service. If you decide to make MBC your home and you ever come to the 9:00 service, let me know, we can meet and say hi! With your Pentacostal background, I'm sure you and my wife have much in common.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:56:32 PM EDT

Sorry you're not having a good weekend. Glad you came to a service though. My wife and I attend the 9:00 service. If you decide to make MBC your home and you ever come to the 9:00 service, let me know, we can meet and say hi! With your Pentacostal background, I'm sure you and my wife have much in common.

Thank you much. Perhaps I will be able to do that next weekend. I am up that early, so that's not a problem. It's not a bad drive for me from Alexandria.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:06:58 PM EDT

Hey everyone,

After some recent disheartening events, I realize I need to find a home church here.

I grew up in a pentecostal/Assembly of God church. I'd like to stick with what I'm familar with.

Can anyone recommend a good church of this kind in the NoVa area, and perhaps one with a sizable 24-30 year old group?

Any help on this front is much appreciated by me. I am going through a really difficult time right now and this would help me out so much.

~Melissa

An answer all the way from Florida.

When my wife and I lived in Nokesville, we attended Manassas Assembly of God. Pastor Lieb is a great speaker and the Church is wonderful. The Church is located on route 28 just south of the Manassas airport.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:35:39 PM EDT
Melissa, if it's Pentecostal you're looking for then you just found the right church in McLean Bible Church 'cos I personally don't know of any others in NoVA. I had a good client who attended MBC and spoke very highly of it. My wife's Presbyterian (most Koreans in NoVA are) so we're part of the VA Korean Presbyterian Church.

devotedad, it's been a long time bro
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:02:22 PM EDT
Thanks for all the help on this everyone.
Top Top