Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/17/2013 9:52:02 AM EST
Anybody here work there or know anyone that does?

I'm looking for a job in the Brighton/Greeley area and they had an ad in the paper.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 11:06:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By nightdh:

I'm looking for a job in the Brighton/Greeley area and they had an ad in the paper.
View Quote

In today's market you really don't need to know anyone, especially with a CDL. If the ad's in the paper they're hiring, same for every other company in NoCo. Check out the greeleytriubne.com or coloradoan.com for more NoCo jobs.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 3:05:28 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jim:

In today's market you really don't need to know anyone, especially with a CDL. If the ad's in the paper they're hiring, same for every other company in NoCo. Check out the greeleytriubne.com or coloradoan.com for more NoCo jobs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I curious as to how they treat their employees and work load. I found them at the Tribune's website and will look at the Coloradan, thank you.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 3:48:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2013 3:49:00 PM EST by jim]

I curious as to how they treat their employees and work load. I found them at the Tribune's website and will look at the Coloradan, thank you.
View All Quotes

One of the better barometers of a business, is the help wanted section. IF they are posting the same job position / title every 3-6 weeks i'd be wary. Do allow for the high turn over also on how many jobs there are. Driver A needs X more hours to get on with Job D. The job you're looking at requires 6 months of exp while Job wants 12. So you might see a 6 month turn over in one place, because they've left for more money. It's happening in every Labor orientated job out there. The folks i know in business can't keep people on as they are jumping here and there, for another $2-4 pr hr.

NO. Dakota is worse. A few O&G guys have worked 5 different operations, as those folks are being out bid by other places, where they need help too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 9:05:17 AM EST
It is very competitive right now for truck drivers in this area. NPT is almost always looking for drivers, as is any other oilfield related company. Based on how competitive it is, they probably have to treat employees right, or they will move on to the next outfit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:22:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By stevelish:
It is very competitive right now for truck drivers in this area. NPT is almost always looking for drivers, as is any other oilfield related company. Based on how competitive it is, they probably have to treat employees right, or they will move on to the next outfit.
View Quote

While driving around Brighton today I saw half a dozen of their trucks, at least I know they are busy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:27:09 AM EST

While driving around Brighton today I saw half a dozen of their trucks, at least I know they are busy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stevelish:

There isn't one trucking company that isn't busy. There's more demand than drivers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:03:25 AM EST
nightdh, your mailbox is full. Anyway, I don't know if you checked the Brighton City Government web site, but they've been looking for a Reverse Osmosis water treatement plant operator for a while. You would have to be able to get a water works operator's license within a year. CDL was required, so I figured you might want to look:

https://ca.brightonco.gov/citizenaccess/
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:58:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By armstrong001:
nightdh, your mailbox is full. Anyway, I don't know if you checked the Brighton City Government web site, but they've been looking for a Reverse Osmosis water treatement plant operator for a while. You would have to be able to get a water works operator's license within a year. CDL was required, so I figured you might want to look:

https://ca.brightonco.gov/citizenaccess/
View Quote

Outside of a CDL job, listing his quals usually helps when job hunting
Top Top