Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 11:14:46 PM EDT
Hope to see everyone there. If you have not been to a match yet you should make part of your New Years resolutions to attend.

North Texas
Submachinegun Match
Where: Magnum Shooting Range
4934 Duck Creek Rd
Sanger, TX 76266
(940)458-7000

When: Saturday, Feb. 4th
The match will be rain or shine, so bring appropriate beverages, food and clothes.

What to bring: You will need at least 4 20rd+ magazines, a MagPouch, and at least 300rds of ammo. Oh Yea, and a SMG.

This match is designed to be fun/educational. It will be challenging enough for the experienced shooter and simple enough for the novice. All are welcome!

Due to time restraints we can only accommodate 40 shooters. First come, first serve.

Match fee is $25 per person and $15 per additional gun.

Due to the use of steel targets only pistol caliber SMGs will be allowed

Sign in is at 8:30 am and will start shooting promptly at 9:00am. Plan on the match to take most of the day. If you have any questions please call (940)891-0205.

Chris Hipes
[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Department issued Colt 9mm SMG. What requirement would I need to meet to be able to use it in the match. The Sheriff doesn't have a problem with me getting in some extra "Training", as long as I pay for it, and supply my own ammo.

mgfan58
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Forgot to add. I've been trying to talk a friend into shooting as well. He has a Swedish K that hasn't been shot in so long it's probably forgotten how to. I've been trying to get him back into shooting and this would probably help.

mgfan58
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a Department issued Colt 9mm SMG. What requirement would I need to meet to be able to use it in the match. The Sheriff doesn't have a problem with me getting in some extra "Training", as long as I pay for it, and supply my own ammo.

mgfan58

Chris runs a great match...sadly he choses not to consult my schedule.  

As far as requirements, just bring any paperwork to show the weapon is legal (form 4 for private weapons), cash for the fee and ammo.

He has gone to steel as he mentioned so pistol calibers only.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:13:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

mgfan58

Chris runs a great match...sadly he choses not to consult my schedule.  

As far as requirements, just bring any paperwork to show the weapon is legal (form 4 for private weapons), cash for the fee and ammo.

He has gone to steel as he mentioned so pistol calibers only.

Not only steel, but HEAVY steel plates.  Weaker 9mm loads had a hard time knocking it over.  Unless smething has changed since the last meet that I attended, I would recommend that you plan ahead for the plates.  Some required a certain finesse to knock over.  It made the match interesting, of course, but it could also be frustrating to hit a steel and not see it fall over.

Shooting through/around obstacles.  Hostages with a BG behind them, shooting on the move, and LOTS and LOTS of ammo used.  I had a one heck of a good time.

TRG

I take it when he said minimum 300 rounds, he mean the absolute minimum

Is a sling setup required or anything? Oh damn-- that is this Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Saturday is also the day Makarov is looking for help.

TRG

Yep-- looking to assist her, if there's time after I get back from another shooting event.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#9]
All that you really need is a copy of your form, or depts.   You just have to check your firearm out with the PD and they should give you somthing on a letter head.

I have about 60 new knock over plates.  They only weigh a few pounds and any solid hit with a 9mm will knock them over.   We will shoot paper, clays, steel.

I design almost every stage to use 1 30rd mag if shot perfect.  Most people use 2 some 4 mags.

ammo is subjective.  I go through about 100rds, I have seen people go through 600.  Like I said, 300rds and 4 mags and you should be good, no promises though.

Frisco needs to get his lazy ass to another match.  I changed the plaques up this year to give people with more than one a change.   A few guys over at UZI Talk donated some T shirts and parts so I will give those out as well.  

This match will be a good one to attend.  Weather should be nice, and fun stages if I do say so.

If anyone knows where I can get a deal on some reactive type targets (spinners, swingers ect.) shoot me a pm.  I have some stuff in mind for the future.

If you have not been to a match yet the only thing I can tell you is that you will regret it if you don't come.  Good crowd, no assholes (other than me).  Just bullshittin and shootin, what could be better?

Best

Chris
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome! I love Lou's range. He's always been cool to us. No hassles - ever. Just pick up your mess when you leave (and close the gate!).

Just a hell of a long ride from central Dallas. I don't have an smg, just my AR. Never the less, I'll try to make it out.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I shot a couple of these with HRT4ME and TRG.  It was a blast.  Great place to shoot, safe, fun, and a bunch of people just like us.

Not to mention, those other guys are alot like us, and often bring other nfa goodies to share the joy.

Got to shoot an mg34 belt fed, and a full auto m-14.  

IF you're looking to do something, and you have a smg, this is where you want to be.  If you don't have one, you might consider blowing Frisco.

Don't know if that will get you one to use, but he might like it.  

TXL

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you don't have one, you might consider blowing Frisco.

Glad I have my own, I can never borrow one from him now.

Looks like he can no longer lend SMGs to anyone other than hot women.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you don't have one, you might consider blowing Frisco.

Glad I have my own, I can never borrow one from him now.

Looks like he can no longer lend SMGs to anyone other than hot women and txlewis.

Correction.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#14]
or cats, migets, squirells, dirt, ect.  

I am sure I have met you guys, I jsut don't have a clue what peoples "handles" are.    Throw some jusnk in the car and comeup on Sat.

Best,

Chris
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Looks like he can no longer lend SMGs to anyone other than hot women.

Just don't tell the wife....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for another good match.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#17]
This was my first time to shoot the match and I had a great time. I'll be doing my best not to miss it from now on. There were some pretty interesting stages too. It's sure hard to make yourself hold the trigger down to hose the bowling pins though. See you all at the next shoot.

mgfan58
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#18]
i am glad that you guys enjoyed the match.  i will try and get some sleep before the next one (i tend to get grouchy).  How did you guys like the stages?  More steel, less?  More paper? OK mix?  Match budget should be built up after the next two so i will try and get some spinners and maybe a TX star with a few pepper poppers.  I would like to get some rotating target stands built too, I just need to think of a design.  Oh well, time for me to take a nap.

Best,

Chris

Forgot If you were at the match and did not get an email from me today shoot me a IM with it.  I had several kick back to me when I tried to send out the results to everyone.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I had a a great time. Thanks.

HRT4ME put the beat down on me. I will fix that next time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I wish you luck! LOTS OF IT!

I bet he trains/trained with some of the best...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish you luck! LOTS OF IT!

I bet he trains/trained with some of the best...

BAH! he wouldn't even do a 'tactical roll' at the match in front of the crowd.

Once I combine my cat-like reflexes with the stupidly simple task of locking the bolt open on the MP5 during a mag change then victory will be mine.

lol

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I love it when the shit talkin starts!  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:39:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I love it when the shit talkin starts!  

Well, you're definately at the right place.

TXL
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:15:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top