Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 12:11:04 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:47:35 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:31:23 AM EST
You would think that one of the LAPD officers involved would want it.... I know I would have.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:48:29 AM EST
Interesting that it would be a pre-ban. What with the cali ban and federal ban going into effect 3 years earlier(dealer should have given them post ban guns). Nice price tag, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay that much for that gun. I got an essential pre-ban and I paid $925 for it shipped. That and the fact that the gun wasn't used at all in the incident doesn't really make it all that much a of a collectors piece to me(non of the guns taken from the dealers were used). Now had it been used to pop one of the robbers than I'd say it was a collectors item in a way. But still not one I'd pay 2k for. Cool to see though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:30:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 7:32:31 PM EST by R-32]

Originally Posted By Stokes:
Cool history, cool story, shitty rifle.

What is wrong with the rifle itself?...

one of mine is EA lower w/ Colt A-2 upper, and it works just fine, the lower and the upper even match a lot better than the one in the pic. I did not pay anywhere that price, but Im happy with it, until I get my next 2 built on the MEGA lowers on the13th
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:42:31 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:13:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 11:17:06 PM EST by R-32]

Originally Posted By Stokes:
Well, I like the early A1 buttstock.

The A2 grip and forend look out of place. The charging handle latch almost looks homemade. The GI profile or HBar looks goofy to me on a 20", A1 sighted gun.

But, most importantly, cast recievers are just shitty. Sure, they may work fine, but if "work just fine" was the criteria for liking guns, I'd probably settle for an SKS.

O.K. Im picking up what you are laying down!...

Mine is just fine, but yes it is a cast receiver...and I only paid a little over $500 for it 2 years ago, and I have people from the unfree state's on the board trying to get me to sell to them after the ban.

Now that im looking, I bet that it is a slab side upper too!, that thing is crying for a can of Camo Krylon or something!
Top Top