Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2013 12:44:19 PM EDT
What's the story with a stock SKS with a fixed 10 round magazine?  I picked up mine prior to Pres. Clinton's 1993 embargo on China, so do I have to register it?
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no registration necessary
1) exempt because it is a fixed mag <10 rounds
2) exempt because it is a preban
View Quote

SKS
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone register under the abundance of caution?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. Member Pain mistakenly registered two prebans but said they can still be transfered or sold in state.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes. Member Pain mistakenly registered two prebans but said they can still be transfered or sold in state.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was first in line too!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:27:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why? What abundance of caution? If the firearm is exempt, why register it? What do you gain by registering it?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:26:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why? What abundance of caution? If the firearm is exempt, why register it? What do you gain by registering it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the law continues to not only confound us, but state agencies trying to interpret it, and the deadline is like 6 working days away.

My preban SBR is getting reged. It says "preban SBR" in the unique / identifying marks field.  If they kick it back as such, I'll be ok with that.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Because the law continues to not only confound us, but state agencies trying to interpret it, and the deadline is like 6 working days away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But not in this case. The law is very clear. The OP"s stock SKS with a fixed 10 round magazine was purchased prior to 1994. It doesn't have to be registered. It is not an assault weapon under current laws. So again, why register it? What does one gain by doing so?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

But not in this case. The law is very clear. The OP"s stock SKS with a fixed 10 round magazine was purchased prior to 1994. It doesn't have to be registered. It is not an assault weapon under current laws. So again, why register it? What does one gain by doing so?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

one gains the ability to put their mind at ease with a piece of paper that says everyone knows i have this.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

one gains the ability to put their mind at ease with a piece of paper that says everyone knows i have this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My SBR already had a lot of little pieces of paper saying that people know I have it.

At this point, I'm just wearing  list what I own on a little placard on my chest in public
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:28:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Your sks is fine if u have the fixed mag in it.  You can still buy them right now if you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top