Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 1:23:38 PM EDT
Hello all,

I know that I could have and probably should have posted this somewhere else on the forum. They would only dis it at a glance there, and tell me to go buy what's on offer through wally world.

But I feel I'll get a better run for my money asking you all as a fellow Brit.

I have been seeing this ammo on offer recently, and it's very affordable, in comparison with some other make's that are on the market.

Is it any good?
Barrel corosion?
Should I buy it?
Would you buy it in bulk?
Reason's?

I'd also be glad if someone would give me some tip's on other ammo that don't break the bank. I'm curently using the rest of my FNM surplus and some Selier & Bellot.  I'm down to the last 100 or so round's of each, so I have to start thinking of the next batch of ammo.

I don't reload my own ammo, and am not about to start doing so.

Tony
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Stay clear, probably like their copy of the 1911, it looked ok but fuck me when you fired it ARGHHHH

Cheap and nasty and went bang..............sometimes

Need I say more?

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Tony
I've not tried it so can't help sorry.

You ain't got a Wally World over there?...how do you manage
I lived in Germany for 3 years...and made do with the local shop and as my mother could notta speaka da lingo...#1 son had to do the shopping. And I could buy a Berliner. LOL "Ich bin ein Berliner"

Taffy
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to see you back online Taffy, how's yer back mate? You spent so much time in Berlin, are you a padsbratt?

I have just bought 2,000rnd's of the Norinco for the glock and it function's 100%, the accuracy of my pistol work isn't all that it could be, but I now have 2,000 rnd's to correct that.

I was over in the Ammo chapter, and read that the S&B could lead to a KABOOM, and I don't need that sort of drama.

I remember their .22 Olympic pistol copy, I had one for a very short time, then I sold it on.
I never had the honor of trying out the 1911 catastrophy, I heard so many horror storie's about them that I never cared to own one, they also came onto the market at the same time as the US Govt. was selling off all of it's real (COLT) 1911's, that had just been taken out of military service.

Tony

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Tony
I was a scaleybrat at Guterslough and went to school at Manser Barracks.Good times.
I used to use S&B in my 9mm and found the stuff great. Can't imagine why there'd be a kaboom issue with a well established Ammo company? I prefered the IMI 9mm ammo, only cos it was cheaper
My Colt was a peach..Gov Commdr in satin

Taffy

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top