Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2006 8:27:07 AM EDT
Hello All,

A while back I remember seeing an August date for the Norfolk Gun Show. Their website is down so I was wondering if any of you know when it is, assuming they're still having it.

Regards,

Zip
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello All,

A while back I remember seeing an August date for the Norfolk Gun Show. Their website is down so I was wondering if any of you know when it is, assuming they're still having it.

Regards,

Zip

From a past VCDL email alert

NORFOLK (Scope Exhibition Hall), Aug. 19-20 (UNCONFIRMED)

Saturday, Aug. 19
             9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
             1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Sunday, Aug. 20
             10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
             1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Contact Ron & Jean Hyson at [email protected] to help at the
Norfolk Scope Exhibition Hall.

***EDITED TO ADD*** I did a quick check of the www.vcdl.org website and couldn't find any indication of this show being held. I even looked at all the show promoter's websites listed on the page. I wish there were a show, I need some .45 ACP.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:

***EDITED TO ADD*** I did a quick check of the www.vcdl.org website and couldn't find any indication of this show being held. I even looked at all the show promoter's websites listed on the page. I wish there were a show, I need some .45 ACP.

I have a feeling it's cancelled. Local guys like the Armory said there was no gun show in Norfolk and they usually set up at the local shows. I checked with Georgia Arms and it's not on their schedule either.here
The Norfolk Show was small compared to others, but there is a big void of shows in Hampton Roads in the late summer. I guess it's off to F-burg or Richmond.

Georgia Arms is scheduled to be at:
Roanoke 8/19-20
Hampton 9/16-17
Salem 9/23-24

Regards,

Zip
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 3:13:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Hello Folks,

This is a reply I received from a link on the Norfolk Gun Show website (cached).

height=8
There will not be a Norfolk Gun Show in 2006. Scheduling conflicts have eliminated the 2006 schedule, but we are setting a date in February to begin again. We have merged this show with C&E Gun Shows and will operate the Norfolk Gun Show under that company name beginning in 2007. As soon as the February date is conffirmed, we will announce it to all who showed with us in 2005. The entire schedule will be available on the C&E GUN SHOWS website. Table reservations will be managed by C&E Gun Shows.

So it looks like there will be gun shows in Norfolk again in the future.

Regards,

Zip
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hello Folks,

This is a reply I received from a link on the Norfolk Gun Show website (cached).

There will not be a Norfolk Gun Show in 2006. Scheduling conflicts have eliminated the 2006 schedule, but we are setting a date in February to begin again. We have merged this show with C&E Gun Shows and will operate the Norfolk Gun Show under that company name beginning in 2007. As soon as the February date is conffirmed, we will announce it to all who showed with us in 2005. The entire schedule will be available on the C&E GUN SHOWS website. Table reservations will be managed by C&E Gun Shows.

Regards,

Zip

Just so you know Bob of "Bob's Gun Shop, Norfolk" fame is probably the guy most responsible for Gun Shows returning to Norfolk. Regardless of how small the show is or how cheezy it might be, if they have it I will be there just to show the city that Gun Shows serve a significant segment of the Norfolk and Tidewater population.

Link Posted: 8/17/2006 4:24:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I believe C&E is the outfit that puts on the Hampton and Showplace (Richmond) shows, which are pretty decent.  Maybe this bodes well for the Norfolk show increasing in size and scope (venue pun ).

Mark
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, this sucks.

I need Canned heat and .45 ammo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 4:05:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Hampton Gun Show, 16-17 September.

Link Posted: 8/18/2006 4:28:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hampton Gun Show, 16-17 September.

Mark, your a life saver.

I owe you one.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I believe C&E is the outfit that puts on the Hampton and Showplace (Richmond) shows, which are pretty decent.  Maybe this bodes well for the Norfolk show increasing in size and scope (venue pun ).

Mark

southeasten guns and knives does the hampton and Va beach shows. the last scope show wasnt bad for the first time in however many years it had been. if they got on a regular schedual it could be huge.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

southeasten guns and knives does the hampton and Va beach shows.  

Ahhh, quite right.  C&E does the Showplace (Richmond) shows, Southeasten the Hampton shows.
Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hello Folks,

Regards,

Zip

Just so you know Bob of "Bob's Gun Shop, Norfolk" fame is probably the guy most responsible for Gun Shows returning to Norfolk. Regardless of how small the show is or how cheezy it might be, if they have it I will be there just to show the city that Gun Shows serve a significant segment of the Norfolk and Tidewater population.

It cant be said enough Bob is good people and is ready to go to court over our rights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top