The El Dorado Rod & Gun Club will be hosting a three gun shoot on Sunday August 29th.
For more information and to get on the email list contact:
John L. Lustig; home phone (530) 676-1199, Cell (530) 306-4432
John runs our clubs Defensive Handgun matchs, which are based on IDPA rules, and does an excellent job of putting on a fun match. We are not an affiliated IDPA club so our matches do not follow all their rules exactly.
On sunday August 29th he will be putting on our clubs first 3 gun match. John recently shot in his first 3 gun and convinced the club directors to let him try it out at our range. John said he'd supply a few "riot guns" for those without one. All are welcome to come shoot. $10 for members, $15 for non members. Starting time is scheduled for 9 am. Sign up starts at 8:30. We usually only have about 15-20 people for the handgun matches and they go quickly so this should be about the same. We're normally done by 1 pm.
For those interested in trying the handgun match it is on saturday, the day before.
For a map to the club and more info about the club go here:
FUN THREE-GUN SHOOT: AUGUST 29, 2004 AT THE EL DORADO ROD AND GUN CLUB RANGE www.eldoradorodandgun.com
John L. Lustig: Match Director / Range Safety Officer
Home (530) 676-1199 Cell (530) 306-4432
firstname.lastname@example.org Please identify for 3-gun
This is a ’’FUN THREE GUN’ no class or division shoot.
Should arrive by 8:30 am
Sign up and squading starts when you get there.
General information and safety meeting at 9:00 am
Would like to start shooting at 9:15 am if possible.
A) SAFETY / RANGE RULES
1) THIS IS A COLD RANGE; NO LOADED FIREARMS ALLOWED EXCEPT AT THE
DIRECTION OF THE SAFETY OFFICER! The ONLY time that the firearm is to be
handled is at the ’Safe Table’ or under the Safety Officer’s direction. No ammunition
is to be handled at the ‘Safe Table’.
2) HANDGUNS: You should arrive at the range with two bags. One bag to contain your
unloaded firearm, holster, magazine pouches and any other support equipment. The
other bag to contain your ammunition.
3) All long guns, action open when not in use.
4) Prospective attendees / shooters: can be asked not to participate and to leave the
range at the discretion of the Match Director.
5) THIS IS A DRY RANGE! NO ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION ON THE RANGE
B) GENERAL INFORMATION:
1) IDPA rules will be used as the guidelines for the Courses of fire.
2) When leaving a gun to move to the next position: the gun must be TOTALLY EMPTY,
magazine out, and action open.
3) All scenarios / stages will be concealed carry unless otherwise specified.
4) Starting with pistol: will be loaded with ten rounds in the magazine and one round in
the chamber, safety on, holstered.
5) Not starting with pistol: depending on the scenario description.
5a) May be loaded with ten rounds in the magazine and one round in the chamber,
safety on holstered.
5b) May be unloaded. When the pistol is needed the shooter will retrieve a ten
round magazine from carry pouch and load the pistol.
6) Starting with Rifle: round in the chamber, safety on, and ten rounds in the magazine.
Start at the low ready position – gun loaded and safe with the finger out of the trigger
guard, butt below shoulder and muzzle down at a 45*.
7) Not starting with Rifle: chamber empty, safety on, ten rounds in the magazine.
8) Starting with Shotgun: round in the chamber, safety on, and four rounds in the
magazine. Start at the low ready position – gun loaded and safe with the finger out of
the trigger guard, butt below shoulder and muzzle down at a 45*.
9) Not starting with Shotgun: chamber empty, safety on, four rounds in the magazine.
10) Firearm usage:
10a) Pistol; paper and steel targets.
10b) Rifle; paper targets; may have steel targets at 100 yard line.
steel targets; birdshot – pellets.
clay pigeons, birdshot – pellets
paper targets; buckshot, Number 00.
paper targets; slugs.
11) There will be a Pail at each stage for brass, shotgun shell and general clean up.
12) We need to clean up the range during use.
13) Lunch, sodas and water can be purchased on site from the ‘Jakes Lucky Dogs’. He
will be there from 11:00 am.
C) UPON ARRIVAL:
1) Sign in with the release form, pay fees.
2) Range Fees:
2a) EDR&GC member, $10.00.
2b) Non-member $15.00
2c) Check can be made to EDR&GC.
3) Fill out score sheet, name on both sides.
4) E-mail sign up list, results will be e-mailed to participants who want them.
5) Sign up for a squad:
5a) Squad #1 will start on stage #1.
5b) Squad #2 will start on stage #3.
5c) Squad #3 will start on stage #5.
6) Get you and your gear ready!
7) Help as needed.
D) EQUIPMENT – SUPPLY INFORMATION FOR SHOOTERS:
1) Sling on long guns is recommended but not necessary. There will have some
stages with three-gun usage and will have some movement.
2) PISTOL: being 100 rounds minimum.
3a) Birdshot – pellets. High base or low base, nothing larger than number 4 Shot.
NO STEEL SHOT! Bring 75 rounds.
3b) Buckshot, Number 00, bring 10 rounds.
3c) Slugs bring 10 rounds.
4) Carbines / Rifles; center fire, 30 cal max. Bring 60 rounds.
5) Will have two HAWK 98 (Remington 870 copy shotguns) two Mossberg 500’s
available for use: Need to supply your own ammo. 12 ga.