Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2005 5:48:49 PM EDT
We all had a lot of fun. Seven adults and three kids. All safe and a lot of targets got shot up. Pieeater made some really neat silhouette targets out of plywood. He brought his Barrett M82 and shot it for the first time. Only took about 10 rounds to get the scope dialed in and hitting COM at 125 yards up the hillside.

Turok brought his ALRS 50 BMG and I brought my Ferret 50. so we made a LOT of noise today.

Blue84S10 brought a clay thrower thing which was nice. Turok and Pieeater impressed me with their shooting. I couldn't hit squat on the clays. Blue's son was our "official" puller for the clays.

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm loading my pics right now, what a fun time, can't wait till the next one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]
NOT unarmed in CA

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, I really wish I could have made it to the shoot.

But I had to shop for a new car.

Damn bee.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, here's my meager assortment of pics.
I only took a few ( too busy shooting ) and these were the ones that turned out best.

The venue we were shooting at, "Pthfndr's Quarry"

Pieeater shooting his Barret M82 for the first time.

I had a great time and thanks to all who came.  
Thank you Pieeater and Blue84S10 for letting me shoot your rifles and a big thanks to Pthfndr for organizing this shoot at such a great location.

Hope to see everyone there next time, and maybe we can get a few more of you guys to show up.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got home a little more than a half hour ago (10pm) there was some sort of a major car accident that ended up off of the side of the road and it took me over an hour to go 8 miles.  I had a freakin blast. I think my kid had more fun there than at Disneyland. I want to thank everyone for letting me "try every flavor" . My girlfriend LOVED Pieeaters P22 and now we're out shopping for one for her I'm really glad that we made the trip up there. I'm also glad that I finished my patio so I had one hell of a weekend. Turok- It was great to meet you. I'll expect to see you at the next shoot along with all the rest of you slackers that had excuses for not showing up today I'll upload pictures in a little bit once I finish this beer and try and figure out how to resize them. Pthfndr-Thanks for another great day at the quarry.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
NOT unarmed in CA

Or at least not yet

Thanks for the pics
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NOT unarmed in CA

Or at least not yet

Thanks for the pics

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Well we had a great time, cant wait till the next one.Pathfinder,Turok and blue84s10 if you guys are up for another one we should plan a date that works for all of us. It was great shootin with you guys.One of these times I'm gonna camp there for the weekend.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:18:06 AM EDT
[#10]
damn guys, those .50's look like alot of fun to shoot.

pie, how did your barret shoot????  one of these days i would love to shoot it

meat
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Where is the quarry exactly?

I'm down here in Bakersfield and one of these days I'll make it to one of the shoots, want to go down to Angeles for one of the 50BMG shoots down there with all the Biggerhammer guys but will only do that when it cools down.    There is also a long range match 1k yard shoot going on once a month at 29 Palms, not goin out there until it cools WAY down and they won't allow 50BMG so it looks like my 300WinMag will be the only toy to play with.

I'd like to get some shooting in with other 50BMG owners or just some folks from the site with other ARs.      I need to find a decent place to stretch the legs on my ALS, haven't made anything for it yet other than 700grn AP loads but even they seem to do fairly well.    I'm gonna get the 750grn Amax seater stem for my RCBS dies and load up some of those to start pushing the distance out further, so far I've shot to 800 yards with my ALS and that was mostly just plinking.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

meat

It shot good I got it sighted in without any problems.When we have the CA ARFCOM shoot I will bring plenty of ammo and you can shoot it all you want.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

meat

It shot good I got it sighted in without any problems.When we have the CA ARFCOM shoot I will bring plenty of ammo and you can shoot it all you want.

ya june's burro shoot gobabygo , brought out his windrunner??? anyway da thing is AWESOME!!!!

when you and i set up an all  ANUAL ARFCOM CALI SHOOT. i'll make sure i'll bring some ammo for ya.
looks like the norcal shoots are starting to get more attention!!! woot! wooot!
let's keep it going here in kali.

still dont understand why the norcal shoots arn't pinned

sometime when the weather gets alil more reasonable . we'lll start planning for an all cali arfcom shoot.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Any chance the next one could be held on a Saturday?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow, I totally forgot to check this forum for any norcal shoots. All I ever saw was Burro Canyon, and that's a long walk for me.

I'll have to make the next one. Great looking range too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Is there going to be a shoot this month?  If so could it please be on a Saturday..
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Is there going to be a shoot this month?  If so could it please be on a Saturday..

Saturday Oct 1 is the next one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow, what a beautyful range.   Is it private, public, blm or what?  

When is the next shoot?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wow, what a beautyful range.   Is it private, public, blm or what?  

When is the next shoot?

It's National Forest. Next shoot it October first. There's a seperate thread for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top