Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/16/2008 5:07:11 PM EST
I am in MD right now with family, then heading to PA for the COL's graduation next week. I'm bringing my 16 year old niece back to TX with me, as well as a friend of hers. We took my nieces shooting at Bullet Trap two years ago after our wedding, and she wants MORE!!!

We're taking the girls to Tom Bean on Saturday. Anybody want to come play? We can bring a grill if folks want to make a day of it..,
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:01:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By Makarov_Mami:
I am in MD right now with family, then heading to PA for the COL's graduation next week. I'm bringing my 16 year old niece back to TX with me, as well as a friend of hers. We took my nieces shooting at Bullet Trap two years ago after our wedding, and she wants MORE!!!

We're taking the girls to Tom Bean on Saturday. Anybody want to come play? We can bring a grill if folks want to make a day of it..,

Id love to, but looks like ill still be in Humble. If something changes though Ill do my best to make it out there.

Have a safe trip.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:02:29 PM EST
We havent had an official group shoot in a while...................................We barely see a dinner but every two-three months at that.

I'm in...............big crowd or not, the only gun I shoot daily is my suppressed P22 at night on country roads plinkin' possums or skunks (which is very exciting sometimes ).

I'm trying to build a SASS/MKII clone so I can reach out and touch something instead of just mindless blasting.

Soowah..........hit me up bro', I wanna see what you got brewin'...
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:05:26 PM EST
Hey, a Sat that I could actually make it out! we're a definite maybe.

Rogue, funny, we're in the same boat. I'm kinda stalled out on my MKII build. Finally found a rifle length KAC RAS. I'm just setting aside some coin so hopefully Renegade can order me a knights MKII can. The gasblock/mount is going to be a pain.

I still need to hook up with you about that other deal, maybe after the shoot?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:21:33 AM EST
When do you leave MD? I'm still in NoVA.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:26:38 AM EST
I'd love to go, but I have a convention that weekend I must attend.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:11:06 PM EST
sfax39 and I will likely be able to make it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:21:00 PM EST
I hate working weekends.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:27:54 PM EST
How far (drive time?) would you say Tom Bean is from Central Dallas?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:29:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By hrt4me:
When do you leave MD? I'm still in NoVA.

Uffff, I thought I was going to have a ton of free time, and it isn't working out that way. We leave Sunday to go back up to Carlisle for the week. At this point, I'm not sure if I'm coming back to MD on Friday evening or Saturday morning, and rolling out earlyyyy Sunday with the girls.

Wanna try to get together on my way back down to MD? Maybe grab dinner Friday or lunch on Saturday?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:36:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By EPOCH96:
How far (drive time?) would you say Tom Bean is from Central Dallas?

Depending on traffic, I'd say just over an hour. Of course I drive like a bat out of hell, so YMMV.

I've made it in 45min from 635 & 75 on Sat mornings before.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:11:39 PM EST

Wanna try to get together on my way back down to MD? Maybe grab dinner Friday or lunch on Saturday?

Sure. You have my number from Nationwide's wedding, right?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:13:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By hrt4me:

Sure. You have my number from Nationwide's wedding, right?

Sure do! I'll give you a call tomorrow night!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:04:49 PM EST
Maybe. I avoided your bamba-shooter party, I can avoid this event also.

But!! I've ordered a 22lr conversion, so plinking is in order.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:55:57 AM EST
Probably.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:00:39 AM EST
I usually work on Saturdays, but I might be able to attend this one.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:48:03 PM EST
Hmmm... with any luck that will be about right for me to bust the cherry of the new can for my AR.

TEXSAR thinks the paperwork should be back in the next week or two.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:15:28 PM EST
I'm down.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:22:17 PM EST
Gotta work.........I'll drive by and honk!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:51:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By Gopher:
Gotta work.........I'll drive by and honk!

Screw that, work is sooo over-rated! Just give your job to some poor unemployed guy, and come shoot with us!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:31:40 PM EST
Dang I won't have this by then:

I'll have to take the day off work to make it... not that I mind though
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:11:21 AM EST
Hey Makarov_Mami, nice talking to you yesterday, and too bad we won't get a chance to meet while you're back home in Maryland. Maybe next time!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:15:04 AM EST
Told ya I'd drive by and honk.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:04:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By Slappy96:
Dang I won't have this by then:

san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/104505000/104505308/pix1271104921.jpg

I'll have to take the day off work to make it... not that I mind though

.........................A DSA huh?....................shelling out alot of coin for the ammo, damn I wish 308 was cheaper, I would get one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:37:12 AM EST
Sounds like fun! I've never been to Tom Bean. Is there room for another noob?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:14:24 AM EST
Maybe...just depends on the workload.

Don't forget that Dolly may bring rain to the range, in which case, it may not be a good idea to shoot. Don't wanna trash the place with vehicles in the mud, after all!

And don't forget to police up all your trash! We don't want to lose access to Ralphs!
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 8:45:46 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 3:18:43 AM EST
We gotta time yet?
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 6:42:59 PM EST
9 am!
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 9:59:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/29/2008 10:02:16 PM EST by Blackwind]
Wow.

I'm actually in town.

I have been meaning to take the new girlfriend shooting for a while now and this actually sounds like a great time to do just that......9AM eh? Guess I'll have to go to bed early. I'll plan on bringing.....

AR15
HK45
P30
STI .40
Benelli Super Nova Tactical

..... and a box load of IDPA Targets and a stand. I might need to hit the Home Depot for more wood to use for the stand......
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 4:24:10 AM EST
What time are you guys staying till? I leave my teaching gig around 2:30. Travel time is around 30min.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 4:47:14 AM EST
I might bring my AKs out there and a couple of other rifles...
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 6:08:56 AM EST
See you guys at 9 am!!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 6:10:49 PM EST
Its worth the one hour drive from Dallas IMO.

I am going to try to make it, but cant be certain yet. My son has minor surgery on Friday. If all goes well, im in.

When I was there about two weeks ago it was gettin trashy. Ralph's cans were full, and I took out what I could, but there were still a lot of old tagets and shot up stands left. I think if everyone spent about ten minutes cleaning up FIRST, it would probably all get picked up.

To those that have not been there:

$3 per hour, per person
Stay safe, clean up your trash
Sign still posted 'no metal targets'
Dont drive on grass if its wet
Bring sunscreen, it will be toasty by noon
FMJ, and anything else LEGAL is OK
Gas station down the road has 'facilities', plus food/ beverages
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 6:36:22 PM EST
Maybe...... I will bring soem steel ringers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 9:11:30 PM EST
Check.

Will remember to bring trash bags.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 6:02:35 AM EST
The girls are really excited!!! My niece only shot once, at Bullet Trap, the day after our wedding. Her friend has never pulled a trigger before. I can't wait to watch them with their first tannerite charges!!

I'm bringing my AR15, the Garand, a Mossberg 20 gauge, and a 10/22 for them to play with, along with a variety of pistols. I'm also going to bring a bunch of trash bags!!!

LT, if you can't get there til 3 or so, we'll probably miss you. I don't know how long the noobies will be able to hang, especially in the Texas heat.

Looking forward to seeing y'all there Saturday!
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 6:21:07 AM EST
I'm in too. Bringing some .22 swingers and a variety of rimfires, plus my AR with M261 kit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 6:33:29 AM EST

...................I can't wait to watch them with their first tannerite charges!!..................................

Might want to hold off on the tannerite........................Ralph is getting some complaints and said no more to the big boom-boom stuff.............

Just might make the bottles smaller and we wont have a problem..........
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 6:43:38 AM EST
How far is this from fort worth? I have to bring my girlfriend to a wedding at 6.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 3:10:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By Cassini:
To those that have not been there:

$3 per hour, per person
Stay safe, clean up your trash
Sign still posted 'no metal targets'
Dont drive on grass if its wet
Bring sunscreen, it will be toasty by noon
FMJ, and anything else LEGAL is OK
Gas station down the road has 'facilities', plus food/ beverages

this is awesome - we were going to email for specifics today.

I can't wait!! we won't be able to stay long (daughter's birthday weekend), but it sounds like FUN!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 4:28:00 AM EST
Somebody might want to call Ralph or Cocked & Locked to get a early Saturday morning weather report..............Some city folk dont like muddy terain.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 7:03:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By rogue007:

...................I can't wait to watch them with their first tannerite charges!!..................................

Might want to hold off on the tannerite........................Ralph is getting some complaints and said no more to the big boom-boom stuff.............

Just might make the bottles smaller and we wont have a problem..........

Thanks for the heads up! I was going to mix a couple of triple charges, but I will control myself.

Hey, does anyone have any links to video of some of our explosions from the past so I can show the girls?
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 7:07:05 AM EST

Somebody might want to call Ralph or Cocked & Locked to get a early Saturday morning weather report..............Some city folk dont like muddy terain.....

Sunny as hell and 4 degrees hotter. Bring sunscreen, hats, and lots of water!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 11:23:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 11:27:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By CockedandLocked:

Sunny as hell and 4 degrees hotter. Bring sunscreen, hats, and lots of water!!!!

no rain here, dry as a bone ........... it will be hot so bring fluids

Forcast so far is 104. Like someone said in the Dolly thread "It's drier thana popcorn fart".
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 5:14:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By eachoy:
How far is this from fort worth? I have to bring my girlfriend to a wedding at 6.

Long haul for you Dude. The range is roughly 15 miles east of Sherman on hwy 11. Plan accordingly.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 7:31:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/1/2008 7:33:34 PM EST by donne3]
anybody still up with a map?

ETA: never mind - just found it on the Texas ranges link in the hometown forum.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 8:13:56 PM EST
Map

If the prez wants to visit. (the more full auto, the better)
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:56:32 AM EST
I dont want no early leaving bitches there today.......................dress and cover accordingly.

I will be bringing a spray-on sunscreen, so anybody wants some..........Just ask.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 9:38:38 AM EST
Holy Hannah it was hot! Good to see ya'll that came out....

...and thanks for the Tannerite experience Mami! My girlfriend really enjoyed the KaBooms! LOL She had never been shooting before and had a great time....We'll have to do it again soon!
Top Top