Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/25/2003 8:22:57 PM EST
OK guys, I need your help. My girl and I are going down to Florida in a few months. We're gonna do the Disney thing (Don't ask how I got into this!). Well, I figure, when in Rome, so I'm going to take my CCW couse and get me a non-resident permit. That being said, where in the area (Orlando) is a good place to go? Adress, website, or phone #'s would all be good. I just figured if I'm going to be down there a week, I should have at least one day for me, you know?!?!

Any suggestions would be a great help, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:20:28 AM EST

You may well not need to take a course if you can show proof of any one of various things such as a DD214 or completion of a recognized Hunter Safety course, or a permit from another state, etc. Look through the website here and see what you find...email them and ask if you have questions...the "horse's mouth" is always best. Ha!

Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:51:56 AM EST
Also, keep in mind that getting the actual permit can take as long as 90 days after you mail everything in. If you want to carry while you're here, you'll have to get your application in quick.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:33:38 AM EST
Well I just requested the forms online. Let's see where this goes. I'm here in Florida and I'm wondering what proof of training is?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:34:43 AM EST
Any one of the following are examples of the documents which will be accepted to satisfy the training requirement:

* A notarized statement or document from a club, organization, school training facility or certified instructor showing that the individual has completed a course or class or is an experienced competitor (Section 790.06 requires your instructor to observe you safely handle and discharge a firearm.)

* A photocopy of your military honorable discharge document or a photocopy of your DD214.

* A photocopy of a certificate bearing the name of the organization, school or facility who sponsored the course or class and the instructor's name and category of certification (NRA, State, etc.) The instructor's name and certification must be clearly legible.

* A photocopy of your NRA competiors classification card or similar document.

* A photocopy of a firearms instructors certification card or certificate.

* A photocopy of any NRA firearams training certificate.

* A photocopy of a certificate or card showing completion of a hunter education or safety course approved by the Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission or a similar agency of another state.
Top Top