Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2004 8:59:37 AM EST
I went over to Constable today at lunch to get my FOID renewed and found when I got there the place was cleaned out?!! Does anyone know if they moved, went out of business, or what?

This stinks; Norm and Glen were great guys and their location was nice and convenient.

M590man
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:01:02 PM EST
From what I heard, they shut down. If you want to renew your FOID card, go to the IL State Police web site www.isp.state.il.us/media/docdetails.cfm?DocID=38 to get the application. It changed from what they had back in January and it got sent back to me with the new form. I find it the best way to get it done without delays.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:03:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By M590man:
I went over to Constable today at lunch to get my FOID renewed and found when I got there the place was cleaned out?!! Does anyone know if they moved, went out of business, or what?

This stinks; Norm and Glen were great guys and their location was nice and convenient.

M590man

That shop the shop over off of St. Charles Road between Gary and Schmale? Glen Ellen area?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:50:42 AM EST
Yeah, that's the one.

Bummer they closed; I bought a lot of stuff from them, had some work done on a couple of my guns which turned out great and enjoyed the talks we had when I'd stop in.

M590man
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:04:47 AM EST
I was just in there a couple of months ago. Seemed like business was kinda slow for them. Gunsmith over there was from Bells back in the day. Nice guy!
Top Top