Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 8:01:25 PM EDT
IIRC, we're supposed to use those retarded bolt or trigger locks if our firearms aren't in a "DOJ approved" safe right? Is there any alternative? The locks are absolutely stupid...

I feel like cursing
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a safe (yet) and Turner's ripped me off on my last rifle by not giving me the one I paid for. The things are stupid anyways, as all the ones I have seen don't even need a key to open them. It's like push this button without pushing that false button and pull and it opens.

I know you are responsible if anything happens and you left it unlocked, but I personally just store mine unlocked. Too much hassle, and the locks do nothing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have mine trigger locked, even though I know it can be easily picked/drilled by a theif who steals it and will prevent me from using the firearm to defend myself should the need for HD arise.

Just waiting until I have the space and $ to get a safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top