Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 8:11:30 AM EDT
I posted a similar post on the main AR page but I just wanted to see what some local guys opinions were. I have finally saved enough money to get my first AR. I decided on the the Bushy A3 20". I went to my friendly neighborhood gun shop to make the purchase. As expected he didnt have it there(although he has lots of other to choose from)so he got on the horn to the distributor. The dist tells him that they dont have it and havent recieved any in 4 months and dont know when they will get anymore. To my frustration(I'm very impatient)I leave a deposit and he puts me on the "want" list. He did say he could get the same rifle in the camo version no problem cause nobody really likes them(including me). I called everywhere in the phonebook nobody has one in stock. I was under the impression this was a very popular rifle and there would be plenty available. I called bushmaster to see if there was a problem in production or shipping or whatever and they said they ship those rifles out daily. So why isnt the dist getting them in? What do yunz guys think? Should I wait it out or get the camo one or what? Why the trouble getting to the dist?Theorys? I'm pretty set on the A3 20" I'd rather not settle for a diffrent model. My dealer said if I could find one out of state he would gladly do the transfer. I tried aim surplus but they also have a long backorder.WTF? By the way I'm in the pittsburgh area.

UPDATE: I just talked to my dealer he said the distributor got some in and he expects it to be here friday 5/30. If all goes well I'll have it home saturday. Thanks alot for the advice and replies fellas.
UPDATE: My new bushy has arrived after some speculation that it might take a long time. Cant wait to shoot it. Thanks for everything guys!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Why not order it directly from BM and have it shipped to your FFL ?

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Did Bushmaster tell you where the "daily shipments" were going?  

Maybe they will recommend a wholesaler.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I havent had a chance to talk to my dealer about getting direct. I will ask him next time he is open. I'm afraid it will cost more. Same thing with buying it myself from them I dont want to pay the 1k retail price. Unless bushmaster will match my dealers price?
Bushmaster said they send out daily shipments to "distributors" everywhere. He said if my dealer has it on order I should get it soon. But thats not what the dist is telling my dealer. If I were a patient person this probably wouldnt be an issue. I cant help it I have the fever.
Thanks for the replies guys.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Where in P.A. do you live?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Im in the Pittsburgh area
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Philadelphia
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top