Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2004 2:08:25 PM EDT

www.shootersparadise.com/index.php

They hold matches once a month.  I shot in my first IDPA match last night.  I shot my Glock 21 and placed 6th overall, 5th in my division (SSP) and 2nd in my Div/Classification (unclassified).  It was a lot of fun.  I'm shooting at the one at Cavalier with some other ARFcom people this month and I might me able to at the NRA Range this month too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. It sounds like you did pretty good your first time out.

Cavalier puts on a decent match and all the people there are quite friendly. I think you and the wife will really enjoy. You need to talk her into trying it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
We will be having an IDPA match at Blue Ridge on May 11th.

I don't know if it will be a regular thing or not, but there is a pop up on our site about it.

Blue Ridge Arsenal
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:43:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We will be having an IDPA match at Blue Ridge on May 11th.

I don't know if it will be a regular thing or not, but there is a pop up on our site about it.

Blue Ridge Arsenal

I signed up.  I shoot at 6pm.

The calender that is displayed under 'range events' is the incorrect year, it's showing the 11th as a Sunday.  When it's really a Tuesday.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:41:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll let Duane know that!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. It sounds like you did pretty good your first time out.

Cavalier puts on a decent match and all the people there are quite friendly. I think you and the wife will really enjoy. You need to talk her into trying it.

He's almost got me talked into it.  I've only shot in 3 matches, all GSSF events before they changed the scoring to emphasize accuracy as much as speed.  I'm not very competitive, but I think it will be good to help my shooting skills for speed.  Thanks for the encouragement.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#6]
You'll do great.  IDPA is not as "cut throat" as IPSC, meaning not as gear intensive and it's more about hitting the target with a combination of accuracy and speed, although everyone is trying to have a good time.

Get comfortable first, with comfort comes accuracy and then speed.  Above all, being safe and having fun are the most important.

We have a couple of women shoot with us down at Cavalier, Meg Rogers is one and she's pretty good.  She shoots a Springfield M1911 in 9mm.  

I think you'll find everyone at most any IDPA match very helpful.

There is a Yahoo Group for IDPA in VA:  sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/VAIDPA/

I hope to see you guys at the end of the month at Cavalier.  We'll have a shotgun side match, so you can shoot your Benelli M4 or your Remington.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm going shoot the IDPA match at the NRA Range if I can get a slot!  I'm going shoot the classifier at Black Creek on June 12th.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You'll do great.  IDPA is not as "cut throat" as IPSC, meaning not as gear intensive and it's more about hitting the target with a combination of accuracy and speed, although everyone is trying to have a good time.

Get comfortable first, with comfort comes accuracy and then speed.  Above all, being safe and having fun are the most important.

We have a couple of women shoot with us down at Cavalier, Meg Rogers is one and she's pretty good.  She shoots a Springfield M1911 in 9mm.  

I think you'll find everyone at most any IDPA match very helpful.

There is a Yahoo Group for IDPA in VA:  sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/VAIDPA/

I hope to see you guys at the end of the month at Cavalier.  We'll have a shotgun side match, so you can shoot your Benelli M4 or your Remington.

I think I will.  I think I will use my Benelli M4 for the shotgun match.  Even though I am slow, it will be good experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top