Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 1:08:25 PM EST

www.shootersparadise.com/index.php

They hold matches once a month. I shot in my first IDPA match last night. I shot my Glock 21 and placed 6th overall, 5th in my division (SSP) and 2nd in my Div/Classification (unclassified). It was a lot of fun. I'm shooting at the one at Cavalier with some other ARFcom people this month and I might me able to at the NRA Range this month too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:57:46 PM EST
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. It sounds like you did pretty good your first time out.

Cavalier puts on a decent match and all the people there are quite friendly. I think you and the wife will really enjoy. You need to talk her into trying it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:33:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/6/2004 6:33:45 PM EST by Hydguy]
We will be having an IDPA match at Blue Ridge on May 11th.

I don't know if it will be a regular thing or not, but there is a pop up on our site about it.

Blue Ridge Arsenal
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:43:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/7/2004 4:06:39 AM EST by gotm4]

Originally Posted By Hydguy:
We will be having an IDPA match at Blue Ridge on May 11th.

I don't know if it will be a regular thing or not, but there is a pop up on our site about it.

Blue Ridge Arsenal

I signed up. I shoot at 6pm.

The calender that is displayed under 'range events' is the incorrect year, it's showing the 11th as a Sunday. When it's really a Tuesday.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:41:26 AM EST
I'll let Duane know that!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:34:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. It sounds like you did pretty good your first time out.

Cavalier puts on a decent match and all the people there are quite friendly. I think you and the wife will really enjoy. You need to talk her into trying it.

He's almost got me talked into it. I've only shot in 3 matches, all GSSF events before they changed the scoring to emphasize accuracy as much as speed. I'm not very competitive, but I think it will be good to help my shooting skills for speed. Thanks for the encouragement.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:58:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/9/2004 9:58:25 AM EST by Templar]
You'll do great. IDPA is not as "cut throat" as IPSC, meaning not as gear intensive and it's more about hitting the target with a combination of accuracy and speed, although everyone is trying to have a good time.

Get comfortable first, with comfort comes accuracy and then speed. Above all, being safe and having fun are the most important.

We have a couple of women shoot with us down at Cavalier, Meg Rogers is one and she's pretty good. She shoots a Springfield M1911 in 9mm.

I think you'll find everyone at most any IDPA match very helpful.

There is a Yahoo Group for IDPA in VA: sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/VAIDPA/

I hope to see you guys at the end of the month at Cavalier. We'll have a shotgun side match, so you can shoot your Benelli M4 or your Remington.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:39:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/9/2004 11:01:38 AM EST by gotm4]
I'm going shoot the IDPA match at the NRA Range if I can get a slot! I'm going shoot the classifier at Black Creek on June 12th.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:57:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By Templar:
You'll do great. IDPA is not as "cut throat" as IPSC, meaning not as gear intensive and it's more about hitting the target with a combination of accuracy and speed, although everyone is trying to have a good time.

Get comfortable first, with comfort comes accuracy and then speed. Above all, being safe and having fun are the most important.

We have a couple of women shoot with us down at Cavalier, Meg Rogers is one and she's pretty good. She shoots a Springfield M1911 in 9mm.

I think you'll find everyone at most any IDPA match very helpful.

There is a Yahoo Group for IDPA in VA: sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/VAIDPA/

I hope to see you guys at the end of the month at Cavalier. We'll have a shotgun side match, so you can shoot your Benelli M4 or your Remington.

I think I will. I think I will use my Benelli M4 for the shotgun match. Even though I am slow, it will be good experience.
Top Top