Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2008 7:00:17 PM EDT
WOW, I want my money back.

What a crap show this is turning into, 1/3 flea market. Plus the 5 degree at the door weither I was carrying my CCW.  I had No weapon, ( left it locked in vechicle). But did not remove my 2 speed loaders from the belt. Guy had a fit about them. I asked do they sell live ammo from the table's?? Answer was YES. Then whats the big deal about my 10 rounds on my belt??? Then about 12:00 DICK WALTERS gets on the pa. system and starts saying "There are theives in the building, And that a Star 45 was stolen sometime from the opening to that time" and a box of ammo was also stolen also. About that time he and his goons start there strong arm Bull Sh*t at the door again. After talking to a Vendor that deals with him on these shows. "Said he's had about enough of them and there traveling dog and pony show" And from the vendors that are showing, I can see that others are feeling about the same way.

I'm done, never again. Not worth the money, Or the head ache.

Link Posted: 4/13/2008 3:10:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Doc,

some things never change. a while back, the Niles show I went to there in Ohio sucked--big time. Looks like it still does. Dick Walters used to be huge in Ohio funshows, How the mighty have fallen...

...won't be long now....
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up 11 p mags for $157 total.

I also picked up some .45 acp for a rediculous price, but I needed more so I paid it! $189 for 500 rds.

Most of the prices there are just plain stupid. The guy and his wife who sell the AR's think that $17 is a good price for P mags when I can get them for more than $2 less at another table. He was trying to get $18 at the last show. The only stuff he sells at a good price cost $300 or more.
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#3]
you know ive been to plenty of gun shows around northeast ohio and they are the same usual vendors just they are at different show . some shows are bigger yes but you can only fit so many people in one building i was there yesterday and i thought that it wasnt a bad show  just some have to complain about something so dont go great more for me! i deal isnt going to come to you thats why you walk around the show and look.
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#4]
As for Frank & Karen, The couple that sell the Ar's. I agree some of there price's on smaller items can be found for less. But Frank will tell you that up front. He's told many would be buy'rs that Internet prices beat him all day on related items. But his Rifle ( AR-15) prices are about some of the best I've seen. I live a few miles form them, So if I want something. I just call and stop over.

Its not so much the vendors
(Gun's,ammo,ect,ect)  that I have problem with, its the Flea market crap that Walters is filling these shows with. and the way they treat the public that are the bread and buter of there shows.

Link Posted: 4/13/2008 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I was there yesterday - I thought that it was actually pretty decent.

As is the case at most shows recently, the best deals are walking around, although I saw some pretty decent deals on some "private" tables as well. I never expect to get wholesale pricing at a retail dealer's table, which many of the vendors are.

I have been dealing with Dick for many years now, and he is really a good guy. I would not want to deal with everyone who comes in the door - for example, a couple of kids that looked barely 16 tried to get into the show with a couple of handguns a few people in front of me yesterday - they turned th kids away, as I knew they would.

I do know how you feel though - I WILL NOT EVER go to another Medina show - I'm not into someone cramming 10 lbs of s##t into a 1 lb coffee can - that is what I feel like at their shows - cram as many paying customers into the door as possible, regardless of life safety codes or the customer's ability to evern walk down the aisles and see anything on the tables.

To each his own, I guess!
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
As for Frank & Karen, The couple that sell the Ar's. I agree some of there price's on smaller items can be found for less. But Frank will tell you that up front. He's told many would be buy'rs that Internet prices beat him all day on related items. But his Rifle ( AR-15) prices are about some of the best I've seen. I live a few miles form them, So if I want something. I just call and stop over.

(Gun's,ammo,ect,ect)  that I have problem with, its the Flea market crap that Walters is filling these shows with. and the way they treat the public that are the bread and buter of there shows.

They are the reason these shows have a bad name  they are the #1 rippoffs there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are the reason these shows have a bad name  they are the #1 rippoffs there.

IIRC they were trying to sell .223 tap for around $27 a box. The look at the stuff on their table, but I won't buy anything else from them since I saw the $18 P mag. They won't sell them for retail, when I am getting them from someone else for less than retail.
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
i know most of the time all gun shows smells like sh#t( B.O.) does any body there take a shower?

height=8
Quoted:
I was there yesterday - I thought that it was actually pretty decent.

As is the case at most shows recently, the best deals are walking around, although I saw some pretty decent deals on some "private" tables as well. I never expect to get wholesale pricing at a retail dealer's table, which many of the vendors are.

I have been dealing with Dick for many years now, and he is really a good guy. I would not want to deal with everyone who comes in the door - for example, a couple of kids that looked barely 16 tried to get into the show with a couple of handguns a few people in front of me yesterday - they turned th kids away, as I knew they would.

I do know how you feel though - I WILL NOT EVER go to another Medina show - I'm not into someone cramming 10 lbs of s##t into a 1 lb coffee can - that is what I feel like at their shows - cram as many paying customers into the door as possible, regardless of life safety codes or the customer's ability to evern walk down the aisles and see anything on the tables.

To each his own, I guess!
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 3:37:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I walk right on by the flea market stuff. Frank and Karen (BBC Weapons) are great people. I have bought 6-7 AR's from them. Some of their prices are a little high, so if you dont like it pass it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#12]
well you guys gave me a great idea to make a ton of money-
setting up a table and selling Zolof !
it's just a gun show, some of you need to chill-lax
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:37:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Ive been going to the Niles show for 15 years or so.

While sometimes it does suck, I thank God its still there.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Thanks for the laughs!  I love the "rip off" comments.

They buyer sets the price by handing over the money.

You can't get ripped off unless the thing you buy is misrepresented or defective.  If you pay $300 cash for a stripped AR15 post-ban lower receiver that's not a rip off just 'cuz you can buy it for $90 somewhere else or the dealer pays $50 for it.  That's the price you agreed to pay.  If the price is too high, walk away.

Bargains and Gun Shows are usually mutually exclusive.  

-- Chuck

Its true they can't rip off a customer. Especially edumacated ones. That is why I choose to pass on them and advise every single friend that they charge stupid amounts of money for their accesories. That way they loose lots and lots of business because of their prices. I won't buy an AR off him because I think its stupid to over charge for some stuff, and give good prices on others.

I have a local dealer who is going to order me my next RRA middy at the same or better price I can get from them without getting gouged on the little stuff. Charging $37 for a box of 20 rds. was just the latest nail in the coffin.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

So anybody braving Medina tomorrow? I'm hoping that since the weather is nice, people will be doing stuff outside instead of going to a gunshow.

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So anybody braving Medina tomorrow? I'm hoping that since the weather is nice, people will be doing stuff outside instead of going to a gunshow.

I going to attempted it on Sunday, it's supposed to rain Sat afternoon so you may want to hit it early before the rain brings in the ones who've been working/sweating outside all morning in. Could be stifling in there by 1pm.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I going to attempted it on Sunday, it's supposed to rain Sat afternoon so you may want to hit it early before the rain brings in the ones who've been working/sweating outside all morning in. Could be stifling in there by 1pm.

I was there from 3 to 3:30. no prob with crowd or temp I did'nt even see the evil $18 p-mags
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top