Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2013 4:29:23 PM EDT
What an ass.

GUNS WIN! Shoot-Out at the Capitol Corral
snip
Opponents sat with arms crossed, eyes steely, I-Dare-You looks on their faces, an amazing number of which were covered by unkempt beards.

They  looked like the kind of guys who ride Harleys, butcher their own deer and pull catfish out of holes for sport. And who carry hog legs strapped to their hips. In fact, a lot of the hundreds of gun owners who packed the hearings, corridors  and overflow rooms every day were carrying, legally, weapons in the Capitol, which has become the most vulnerable public building in the state.

snip

Tony Cornish, the NRA-tie wearing, tough-talking, shoot-from-the-hip Republican police chief whose bill allowing teachers to carry guns  — a wag called it “the crossfire in the school corridor bill” — may be one the most likely to reach the House floor.

Take note that Rep Paymar responds in the comments section.

http://www.nickcolemanmn.com/?p=4098
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What an ass.

GUNS WIN! Shoot-Out at the Capitol Corral
snip
Opponents sat with arms crossed, eyes steely, I-Dare-You looks on their faces, an amazing number of which were covered by unkempt beards.

They  looked like the kind of guys who ride Harleys, butcher their own deer and pull catfish out of holes for sport. And who carry hog legs strapped to their hips. In fact, a lot of the hundreds of gun owners who packed the hearings, corridors  and overflow rooms every day were carrying, legally, weapons in the Capitol, which has become the most vulnerable public building in the state.

snip

Tony Cornish, the NRA-tie wearing, tough-talking, shoot-from-the-hip Republican police chief whose bill allowing teachers to carry guns  — a wag called it “the crossfire in the school corridor bill” — may be one the most likely to reach the House floor.

Take note that Rep Paymar responds in the comments section.

http://www.nickcolemanmn.com/?p=4098

So, I am the steely eyed, DTOM cap wearing, Harley riding, deer butchering, hog leg wearing, unkempt bearded mutha fukka on the left in Coleman's hit piece picture. I don't do the catfish noodling thing though. I was wondering when Coleman would come out with his article and what he would say. It is funny how he makes it sound like we are all serious and angry. We were joking, laughing, and having a good time standing in line before the Tuesday night's hearing. We were nice to him the whole time we were talking him. Of course gun owners are almost always the nicest people you meet.

I was wondering what he would end up writing. I used to reply to his columns when he worked at the red star, because some of his shit was so far out there. Oh well, not like many people are reading his BS anymore. I wouldn't have known if NDT3 wouldn't have posted anything. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
My response (and to his credit, he didn't delete it):

Nick, it would appear from your article that you believe gun owners are incapable of making reasoned, thought-out decisions as they relate to security proposals (“C’mon, Minnesota. If gun owners have no problem with a gun safety measure, it is not much of a gun safety measure.”).
Further, I’m surprised at your commentary on individual’s appearances (“amazing number of which were covered by unkempt beards”). And we’re expected to believe this is the work of a professional journalist?
Your prejudice betrays your shallow thought patterns and pre-conceived notions about some of your fellow Minnesotans. This isn’t really journalism; it’s a rather blatant attempt to present those with a viewpoint different than yours in a bad light. It’s also exactly the kind of attempt I’d expect when a reasoned argument, supported by relevant data, is not possible.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nick, it would appear from your article that you believe gun owners are incapable of making reasoned, thought-out decisions as they relate to security proposals (“C’mon, Minnesota. If gun owners have no problem with a gun safety measure, it is not much of a gun safety measure.”).
Further, I’m surprised at your commentary on individual’s appearances (“amazing number of which were covered by unkempt beards”). And we’re expected to believe this is the work of a professional journalist?
Your prejudice betrays your shallow thought patterns and pre-conceived notions about some of your fellow Minnesotans. This isn’t really journalism; it’s a rather blatant attempt to present those with a viewpoint different than yours in a bad light. It’s also exactly the kind of attempt I’d expect when a reasoned argument, supported by relevant data, is not possible.

Nice response
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice response

If you can stomach it, there is a more complete article here: http://www.theuptake.org/2013/02/14/gun-fight-can-minnesota-have-a-fair-gun-debate-at-gunpoint/#more-60608 that is moar full of scare mongering anti-gun crowd speech...
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Seriously though, I know people on our side don't give two cents on what other people think but it is important that we be presentable because this is the kind of crap they are going to rag about.  Look at Rubio now for getting a drink of water during his counter speech.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
If everyone was wearing a suit, then he would have said we were all a bunch of uptight people. What I saw last week at the hearings were a bunch of different people from all walks of life that have a common goal. When people think you are the devil, there is nothing that will make them happy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, Coleman is a complete joke.

He made a mockery out of every respectful, well thought out response to his shameful article.

His article cited NOTHING alarming. I guess everyone can have a try at making a pie out of shit.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#8]
So...

Who the hell is nick coleman?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]
He has a MN permit to carry a pistol?

https://twitter.com/NickColeman
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So...

Brother of the mayor of St. Paul and former journalist for the Minneapolis Communist Fishwrap.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:11:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So...

Brother of the mayor of St. Paul and former journalist for the Minneapolis Communist Fishwrap.

Chris Coleman's brother?

Already made up my mind on him then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top