Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 10:14:06 AM EDT
I spent a night at the Holiday Inn Express at the last LCR,

Didn't I read you've got something to do with it? In any case, it's a nice place. The traffic noise didn't bother me, even in the rain. It was clean, and the heater worked well. The hot water didn't run out, and I got enough TV channels to find a good movie. Perks were the nice view onto that little lake and the free breakfast. I woke up and watched some guys fishing for awhile. Then I went down and chowed on eggs, cereal with banana slices, a bagel with sour cream, juice and a freshly made waffle. Man was that good. I gotta get me one of those waffle makers, heh.

So I see why they say "I may not be a brain surgeon, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express".
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#3]
What you were seeing was the Chehalis River running well over it's banks.

Holy Floodwaters!? Are you kidding? It looked like a good sized lake behind the hotel!

Thanks for the invite, I hope to check out the OdT compound sometime. We gotta get 1GR to host a party. I wanna see the hillbilly hamlet with beavers and such. Man, it's pretty down there, but you cats deal with flooding a lot, huh? Raining again last night!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#4]
It floods often down there, the worst flood I rmember was when i was living in centralia at the time. Yard Birds was pretty much underwater I dont believe they ever opened again after that one just the grocery store in there. Sun birds also got wet but it wasnt nearly as bad. 1GR did any of the water make it up to where your shop was that year?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I have great memories of the Chehalis being over its banks. The wife and I were returning from the coast via Chehalis. At one point we were driving down a road that had several inches of water over it, you could still see the lines on the road. The amazing thing was having to stop for and dodge salmon that were swimming across the road.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Come to think of it, you did mention you were in the "hospitality business".  I remember this fat chick at the Flying J in Salt Lake City, by the name of Snickers...she said SHE was in the hospitality business, too. Friend of yours, perhaps? BTW, I DO NOT want to know what YOU'd do for a candy bar!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Come to think of it, you did mention you were in the "hospitality business".  I remember this fat chick at the Flying J in Salt Lake City, by the name of Snickers...she said SHE was in the hospitality business, too. Friend of yours, perhaps? BTW, I DO NOT want to know what YOU'd do for a candy bar!

Ya One of those came a banging on my truck in Corning CA. & said I'll do anything for a dollar just one dollar.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top