Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/21/2004 5:08:44 PM EST
Here's the details, We will be meeting at Tight Group Enterprises at 8:30am Saturday morning and convoying out together. We will be going out past Grantsville to the Skull Valley area. TGE's address is listed below or you can call me directly. The will be machine guns on hand for demos as well as ammo and targets. I encourage everyone to bring food, water, chairs, and shade if possible.

We will be doing some informal drills run by an NRA certified safety instructor as well as long range tannerite shoots. I hope to hear from you folks or see you on Saturday morning, this is going to be a hoot.

Thanks,

Ian

Tight Group Enterprises
1649 W. Sunrise Pl. (Just off Redwood Rd. about 7600 S.)
West Jordan
567-9576

Or you can call me(Ian) @
597-4338
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:31:03 PM EST
Sorry Ian...can't make it on Sat...Shooting the Utah State IDPA championship.

Maybe next time...

Thanx for the invite!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:39:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By Panzerwolf:

Maybe next time...

Thanx for the invite!

No worries, We'll shoot together sooner or later, Probably at the next 3 gun match.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:49:09 PM EST
Dang! I have to work that morning. Sounds fun... Wish I could be there. I hope there will be more in the future. It would be interesting to meet others from the forum.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:06:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 7:08:30 PM EST by Panzerwolf]

Originally Posted By ian187:

Maybe next time...

Thanx for the invite!

No worries, We'll shoot together sooner or later, Probably at the next 3 gun match.

I can't wait!

I do the squadding so I'll make sure we're in the same squad...that's if you don't mind?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:46:00 PM EST
I'm also not going to be able to make it. I couldn't get someone to cover my shifts in Wendover this weekend. I'll be at the next one though.

How far of a drive is it to this location? Will it be a good alternative to driving all the way to Wendover?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:44:49 PM EST

long range tannerite shoots

I'm in.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:39:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By medicmandan:
I'm also not going to be able to make it. I couldn't get someone to cover my shifts in Wendover this weekend. I'll be at the next one though.

How far of a drive is it to this location? Will it be a good alternative to driving all the way to Wendover?

Is your brother still coming? He's invited even if you can't make it.

This place should be about an hour closer than Wendover.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:09:04 AM EST
I'll give him the details. Hope this site works out better than Wendover. Maybe we can draw a bigger crowd if it's closer to the city.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:06:09 AM EST
I will be all set and loaded up Friday night, Trying to get the wife to come out as well
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:02:45 AM EST
I might be able to convice a few more guys to come along with me.

Just a heads up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:00:18 PM EST
The more the merrier.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:12:19 PM EST
Has anyone talked to Tax to see if he plans on coming out? I thought I had his # but I can't find it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:17:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 5:17:56 PM EST by ajm1911]
Is anyone comming from Utah county? I would like to come but no way I can spend the money on gas till my new job starts next month. Maybe I could hitch a ride? Anyway keep me informed for Oct. at least.
Thanks ian187
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:00:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By AR-JR:
Has anyone talked to Tax to see if he plans on coming out? I thought I had his # but I can't find it.

I spoke with him tonight, he will be busy saturday morning but is going to try and meet us out there around noon.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:02:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By ajm1911:
Is anyone comming from Utah county? I would like to come but no way I can spend the money on gas till my new job starts next month. Maybe I could hitch a ride? Anyway keep me informed for Oct. at least.
Thanks ian187

I'm sure someone would let you hitch a ride if you make it to TGE by 8:30 am.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:48:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 11:50:21 PM EST by brewsky101]
SAT

Sunny
Hi 78°
Lo 50°

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:46:36 AM EST

I spoke with him tonight, he will be busy saturday morning but is going to try and meet us out there around noon.

I might be able to make it earlier. My brother's in town and his flight leaves Saturday morning. I thought it left at noon, but it actually leaves at 11am, so I will see him off and try to head out there. I spoke to Ian and I know where the place is, so hopefully I can join you guys before all the fun is gone!

Oh yeah, and I'll be bringing my new toy - a full auto revolver I got from the ice cream man!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:20:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By tax_monster:

Oh yeah, and I'll be bringing my new toy - a full auto revolver I got from the ice cream man!

.38Mag?????
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:12:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 8:44:19 AM EST by Arch-angel]
Hey Everyone,

I just talked to Ian and we just realized that I have only 6 target stands, we are going to bring a few other things as well, but it would be good if everyone would try to bring a few things to shoot at as well.

We are not sure how many will be attending but we hope for a nice turn out so Target time could be at a premium, I will also be bringing my Trap thrower to hook up to my Truck for those that want to shoot shotgun.

Look Forward to Seeing everyone at 8:30 saturday.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:02:24 AM EST
Arrgghh..gonna miss another one damn it.

I have an extra target stand if ya'll need one. I am in Fruit Heights (Davis county) if anyone needs to borrow it.

It is very compact but sturdy.

LMK

Scott
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:40:07 AM EST

Thanks ian187

AJM, if you can make it as far as W. Jordan to TGE I have an extra seat for the ride out.....that is provided you are not ...
A) A Jehova's Witness....
B) A newly returned missonary looking to add a notch in your BOM....
C) A crossroads of the west gunshow groupie with a complete cowboy shooting getup..
D) A closet liberal with an autographed picture of micheal mooron hanging over your bed..
E) A relative of Ian's..
F) Dressed head to toe in camo, including but not limited to undergarments and have a propensity to blame all the worlds ills on the"gubmint"..

If you can meet these stringent standards I'll give ya a lift..
Shoot me an I/M with your phone number and I'll get ahold of you this evening when I get back from big, wonderful Wyoming....

JR
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:42:57 AM EST

I do the squadding so I'll make sure we're in the same squad...

I hope you own a vest.....
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:47:39 AM EST

Originally Posted By Arch-angel:
I will be all set and loaded up Friday night, Trying to get the wife to come out as well

Ya sound a little excited ol' buddy....will you be sleeping in the truck as well??

I think I'll drag out the shotty and a box of clays ...haven't shot clays since I don't know when and the reloads are stacking up..promise not to laugh though right?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:08:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/24/2004 5:09:32 AM EST by Arch-angel]

Originally Posted By Arch-angel:

Ya sound a little excited ol' buddy....will you be sleeping in the truck as well??

I think I'll drag out the shotty and a box of clays ...haven't shot clays since I don't know when and the reloads are stacking up..promise not to laugh though right?

Well it turns out the wife is not going to make this one, she was on a long trip last week so she want's to hang out with the Kids and seee her sisters and I have to attend a Graduation party at 5:00 on Saturday.... but I will still be thier for most of the Day's activities.

Ian will call you later but I have not found any 5.56 but thier is tons of just .223 available, not sure if you want to go with that or not call you soon.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:30:11 AM EST
Sounds like I'm going to miss a good one. Take some pictures and video for me. I'll add it onto the CD from the last get together.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:10:32 PM EST
I over slept

Oh well, next time.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:59:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By brewsky101:
I over slept

Oh well, next time.

That sucks. Ian seems a hell of a lot better at organizing these things than me, so hopefully it won't be too long before the next one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:15:34 PM EST
I would like to thank AR-JR, ian187, arch-angel, tax-monster, ray, and anyone else who welcomed me to my first ARF.com UT gathering. Thanks for the fun, the ride, and the good conversation. I am already looking forward to the next shoot.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:02:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/26/2004 5:02:41 AM EST by Arch-angel]
AJ,

It was good to mett another member, glad you had a good time, I am sure that Ian will be thinking up another shoot hopefully before it gets cold.

Hey brewsky next time if you would like I can have my wake up service call, of course they call at strange times like 3:00 am..... oh wait that' s my job calling. sorry could nt resist. hope to see you at the next one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:09:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 8:55:31 AM EST by Panzerwolf]

You don't need one when you got 40 other "real shooters" that have your back...anyway that's not what we're all about.

I hope your shoot went well...I am looking forward to attending your next get-together.

Did ya guys take any pictures of the shoot?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:34:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 8:34:48 AM EST by ian187]

You don't need one when you got 40 other "real shooters" that have your back...anyway that's not what were all about.

I hope your shoot went well...I am looking forward to attending your next get-together.

Of course, there weren't any "pure shooters" there so we had plenty of time to take pictures. I'll post them up when I get a chance.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:34:33 AM EST

You don't need one when you got 40 other "real shooters" that have your back...anyway that's not what were all about.

I wasn't talking about his intentions...just his ability...

I think we got some good vid of a couple Tannerite K-Booms as well as some "Taxmonster-Two-Gun" action, Uzi skeet, etc.

How'd ya do in the comp PW?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:53:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 9:10:16 AM EST by Panzerwolf]

I wasn't talking about his intentions...just his ability...

I think we got some good vid of a couple Tannerite K-Booms as well as some "Taxmonster-Two-Gun" action, Uzi skeet, etc.

How'd ya do in the comp PW?

Alot better than I thought I did after the first day...I won my div and was in the top 2 overall. We had 80 competitors and a staff of 30 that did an excellent job...I'll post pics soon.

Wasn't the weather great this weekend?!!

And Ian...if you want to sharpen your ability a little I or my compatriots would be more than happy to help out...we all are certified Firearms and Tactics instructors and graduates of the several professional courses...IM me we're gonna practice (pistol) on Thurs eve and your more than welcome to join us.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:41:29 AM EST

And Ian...if you want to sharpen your ability a little I or my compatriots would be more than happy to help out...we all are certified Firearms and Tactics instructors and graduates of the several professional courses...IM me we're gonna practice (pistol) on Thurs eve and your more than welcome to join us.

Do you think I'd be able to become a "pure shooter" if I practiced with you?

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:18:43 AM EST
Sure...you can even bring your camera to capture "the moment of clarity."
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:28:34 PM EST

Sure...you can even bring your camera to capture "the moment of clarity."

I don't know why but this statement is strangely arousing.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:34:40 PM EST
Get a room....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:25:27 AM EST
Pics?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:38:29 AM EST
Dang! I need to check into this place more often! Another shoot missed and I've no one to blame but myself. Next time maybe. Hope you fellas that went had a good time.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:55:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By scattergunner:
Dang! I need to check into this place more often! Another shoot missed and I've no one to blame but myself. Next time maybe. Hope you fellas that went had a good time.

Good time? I was shooting skeet with a full auto FAL (or at least I tried) - so yeah, I had a good time!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:55:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By tax_monster:

Originally Posted By scattergunner:

Good time? I was shooting skeet with a full auto FAL (or at least I tried) - so yeah, I had a good time!

Pics damnit!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:14:45 PM EST
it was pretty funny, I think he hit one of the clays (maybe)
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:42:26 AM EST

I do this with my little pygmy XD-9 Subcompact all the time... but its not a rifle, nor a NFA item...

I want to quit my job working the weekends so I can come out the the FARM and do some shooting with you guys... I hate Hate HATE working the weekends.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:35:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By WesDesRat:

I do this with my little pygmy XD-9 Subcompact all the time... but its not a rifle, nor a NFA item...

I want to quit my job working the weekends so I can come out the the FARM and do some shooting with you guys... I hate Hate HATE working the weekends.

We don't go to the Farm, we're not "pure" shooters.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:16:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By WesDesRat:

We don't go to the Farm, we're not "pure" shooters.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:56:53 AM EST
Since this thread has lost all direction anyway, I thought I'd post an observation. The place where we went shooting a couple weeks ago was out in the west desert right off the road that goes to Dugway from I-80. Someone (Ian?) wondered if it was the same place that Vector tests out some of their guns.

I went up to Vector yesterday and they had some pictures on the wall of a bunch of guns (and a bullet-ridden, burning white van for a target), and based on the background, I'm pretty sure they were taken at our shooting spot.

Not critical information that's true, but like I said, this thread has become directionless anyway and I need to get my post count up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:08:10 AM EST
Oh so that's where you guys went huh?

I've been out there before. Inbetween Grantsville and Delle right, right up against the hill in sort of a dugout type area?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:16:47 AM EST
Yep, that's it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:07:54 AM EST
Didn't you guys hear Ray telling us that vector brought up a car and tannerited it?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:17:55 PM EST

Didn't you guys hear Ray telling us that vector brought up a car and tannerited it?

Those of us who paid attention, yes.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top