Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 9/1/2004 5:38:11 PM EDT
Due to scheduling problems for the Wendover range, Ian and I have decided to cancel the shoot in Wendover on Sept. 25.  Instead, everyone should plan on attending the UDPL match that day out at the FARM.  It should be just as much fun.  It's a state IDPA match.  Contact Panzerwolf for details or check out UDPL.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like they changed the date of the three gun match and have an IDPA match in it's place. I have no plans to shoot in the IDPA match but am going to be shooting that weekend regardless. I have spoken to a few people who have expressed an interest in some informal firearms excercises. The get together will be by invitation only (small group) so if anyone is interested please let me know. I can be contacted via PM or Email. As of right now there's probably 10 or so people in.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been looking for other members in utah and would like to be included. please email me with details of any get togethers or anything else. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks like they changed the date of the three gun match and have an IDPA match in it's place. I have no plans to shoot in the IDPA match but am going to be shooting that weekend regardless. I have spoken to a few people who have expressed an interest in some informal firearms excercises. The get together will be by invitation only (small group) so if anyone is interested please let me know. I can be contacted via PM or Email. As of right now there's probably 10 or so people in.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

We've never changed the date of the three gun match?  The next one is November 20th...you missed the August match.  Would you like to come?  You can shoot in my squad if you'd like and we'll even waive your match fee...I would love to see you shoot, you sound very experienced...maybe I could learn something from you?

Check here the schedule is released every Janurary:udpl.net/results/index.html

...and why don't you have plans to shoot an IDPA match?  Have you ever shot any action pistol or tactical match?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:43:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks like they changed the date of the three gun match and have an IDPA match in it's place. I have no plans to shoot in the IDPA match but am going to be shooting that weekend regardless. I have spoken to a few people who have expressed an interest in some informal firearms exercises. The get together will be by invitation only (small group) so if anyone is interested please let me know. I can be contacted via PM or Email. As of right now there's probably 10 or so people in.

We've never changed the date of the three gun match?  The next one is November 20th...you missed the August match.  Would you like to come?  You can shoot in my squad if you'd like and we'll even waive your match fee...I would love to see you shoot, you sound very experienced...maybe I could learn something from you?

Check here the schedule is released every Janurary:udpl.net/results/index.html

...and why don't you have plans to shoot an IDPA match?  Have you ever shot any action pistol or tactical match?

Yes, you are correct. I was mistaken about the dates. I know it's tough for you to tell because you don't actually try to meet the members of the hometown forum, just try to get them to come to your matches, but the post above was a joke. If you had any interest in meeting some of us and not just pimping your matches, you would have come to Wendover. I don't appreciate your condescending tone or your implications. I have never made any mention of my ability, or lack there of, so I think it's very inappropriate of you to come here and act in such a manor. I had intended to come out and shoot in a three gun match but I am seriously starting to question that if this is how you act.

In the future maybe you should stick to your topic threads as it seams you do not have anything to talk about other than organized events.

And if anyone is dying to know, the informal exercises I was referring to will not be instructed by me, I'll be the one shooting the dirt in front of the target.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#6]
No offense was ment and your always welcome to come and shoot with our club or me for that matter...if not well it's your loss.

However, "by invitation only" sounds a little elitist and what "elitist" in the firearms world means to me "I don't know jack shit and i'm probably dangerous handling firearms."

I'm not a "firearms enthusiast" (of which I see too many here on the internet)...I'm a pure shooter.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No offense was ment and your always welcome to come and shoot with our club or me for that matter...if not well it's your loss.

However, "by invitation only" sounds a little elitist and what "elitist" in the firearms world means to me "I don't know jack shit and i'm probably dangerous handling firearms."

I'm not a "firearms enthusiast" (of which I see too many here on the internet)...I'm a pure shooter.

I can tell you're a "pure shooter", you're so "pure" that you come post in the hometown section for every one of your shoots but are so "pure" you can't even ass up a membership. Way to go, you're a class act. I think it's time for you to find another thread that mentions locals getting together and hijack it.

I'm done with this thread, please add me to your ignore list, oops, that's a members option. strike that, please don't post unless you have something to say that's relevant to the topic.

Have a nice night.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:24:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well PW, I'm not sure what to say other than I agree with what Ian said. It doesn't seem to me that you have made any effort to include yourself in the group other than to invite us to one of your shoots in a thread trying to promote ours.

Not really surprised are ya, I mean calling someone an elitist and garnering a negative response?

The crack about  not knowing about firearms and being dangerous with them was way off the mark. The invitation only remark is an attempt to control the safety of the shoot by having folks that they have previously shot with show up. Oh, but you didn't contact Ian to find out about that, you just remarked off the cuff. I would venture a guess that with your experiance you would have been more than welcome to share in the class 3 activities had you decided to do so. It's a damn good time with some damn good folks.

The part about not shooting with you being a loss, I guess that could be true. Up until a few months ago I hadn't met anyone from this board....I kind of liked the anonimity...but I took a shot at meeting some new folks who shared my interests. All that I can say is I'm glad I did. You couldn't ask for a better bunch of folks, any of whom I'd be proud to call friend.

Ian, Tax, Arch and myself have all expressed an intrest in wandering out to Ryan's place to see what it's all about so I'm sure we will meet someday. You may want to express a little interest in joining this little group as well, ya just never know.

JR

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can tell you're a "pure shooter", you're so "pure" that you come post in the hometown section for every one of your shoots but are so "pure" you can't even ass up a membership. Way to go, you're a class act. I think it's time for you to find another thread that mentions locals getting together and hijack it.

I'm done with this thread, please add me to your ignore list, oops, that's a members option. strike that, please don't post unless you have something to say that's relevant to the topic.

Have a nice night.

I'm sorry I offended a "member."  I know how much power you think you wield on the "internet."  And if that offends you and you feel the need to talk, IM me and we'll meet in person and discuss any problems you have...

Good luck on any future "member" shoots(all ten of you) when wanna come play with "real shooters" (all 150+ active competive shooters) and not "internet commando's"let me know.

You have a nice night too...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

While Ian can be an abrasive sometimes,

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm sorry I offended a "member."  I know how much power you think you wield on the "internet."  And if that offends you and you feel the need to talk, IM me and we'll meet in person and discuss any problems you have...

Good luck on any future "member" shoots(all ten of you) when wanna come play with "real shooters" (all 150+ active competive shooters) and not "internet commando's"let me know.

Gee, I don't know PW but it sounds like your the one with a problem.
First you disparage Ian as an elitist for try to put together a small shoot and keep it safe and then go on to rip a group of guys (people you have never met by the way) who enjoy getting together to shoot. Personally I think it's to everyones advantage to encouge people to shoot in whatever capacity they feel comfortable given todays political climate towards firearms.
Hey, it may not be a sanctioned event but it still a great time getting togehter an "blasting stuff" with friends and family.
While we have all shown an interest for getting together with your group, you seem to be doing your damndest to alienate us.
As I said in an above post...our little "10 person group" will probably be coming out to the F.A.R.M. to check things out and have you "pure shooters" show us which end of the gun the bullets come out. Besides being "internet commando's" and "gun enthusiasts" I'm sure we'd have a good time playing with "real shooters", as long as they don't all share your character flaws.

P.S....The veiled threat of violence via I/M was a nice touch. Internet commando's huh..
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Panzer...

While Ian can be an abrasive sometimes, he is one of my friends and a very solid/safe shooter.

I'm a Member of this site and I also happen to be a sponsor for major 3-Gun matches all over the USA. I have shot in matches all over the southwest, but I'm not sure if I am a "pure shooter" or not.

You might not care for Ian, but discrediting this site because you and Ian butt heads is a major mistake on your part.

I appreciate your comments...and your support of competition shooting.., However It was not my intent discredit this site.

AR-jr:  Hope to meet you sometime...but to my knowledge unless you take a F.A.R.M course or are in law enforcement with a contract with the F.A.R.M. our club is the only way you'll get to shoot there...unless Ryan lets you have the keys when it's not booked.  That's why I invited you guys in the first place...because it's a great opportuity that I feel everyone should be able to take advantage...but if you still wanna butt heads lemme know.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I leave you guys all alone for a week and see what happens.

Our shoot was small, but it was our first go round.  It gave a few of us the opportunity to meet and have some fun.  People are quite different off of the internet.  I would consider the members I met to be a definite asset to this site and to the shooting community.  

I would be surprised if UDPL started with 150 members.  Ian has some great ideas for the future.  With his motivation and drive, I think our get togethers will be some of the biggest in the state.

I'm sure several of us would like to attend the UDPL shoots, so don't alienate us just because of a disagreement on the internet.    
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I want in.

I'm a bit confused, Ian said he was joking about the invitation only? Who do I contact for dates/locations?

Hope you guys don't mind the short kid tagging along.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#16]
9-25-04

Time and location are still up in the air. I'll post it the closer we get.

Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top