Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/30/2006 12:00:55 PM EDT
I moved this to the CA forum. thanks BTW I am in SoCal.

I have searched this forum and read through a lot of threads. I now am ready to start the planning and building of an AR15. I want this build to be CA legal, so its a lot more trouble. I know just the bare basics of building an AR15 at this time but I would appreciate any advice and input.

Which part of the AR15 should I need to make sure its CA legal? Is it the whole lower assembly or the stripped receiver? Can I buy a complete rifle kit (less stripped receiver) from del-ton or Model 1 and add a stripped receiver from a local gun shop? The people at both places really don't seem to care I want it CA legal before they ship it. I wasn't sure if the "fixed magazine" is lower assembly or just the stripped receiver dependant.

Also is there a place other than Model1 or Del ton that sells these kits? I want to be able to upgrade the trigger group. Can I buy a CA legal stripped receiver online and have it shipped to an FFL? Thanks people.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:20:50 PM EDT
Go to your FFL and buy a stripper lower receiver. Wait your 10 days, pick it up and bring it home.

Buy a parts kit online (everything sans lower receiver)

Assemble the lower receiver (INSTALL THE FIXED 10RD MAGAZINE FIRST!!)

Assemble the rest of the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:06:00 PM EDT
Thanks for the reply. It looks like I have to buy the stripped lower receiver locally. When you said install the fixed 10 round magazine first, is that included with the kit or sold seperately? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:13:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2006 2:14:33 PM EDT by Stanze]
Double posting identical thread topics in the same board is frowned upon.

I answered your other posting: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=275774

Please view the Friendly Public Service Announcement
Top Top